2021 draft talk

Johnny Nix

50 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The Oregon pro day is Friday, curious to see how he tests.  Good to see it looks like he didn't add any bad weight in his year off, that can be a struggle for big men sometimes.

But it can also be a struggle for some to keep the good weight on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

So much for all the people slamming him for getting fat and lazy during the layoff

Who was that?  I said it was a concern for bigger guys, not that he specifically did that. Lack of information leads to speculation.

21 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Who was that?  I said it was a concern for bigger guys, not that he specifically did that. Lack of information leads to speculation.

No one on here.  The twitter verse and Cincy Jungle had many suggesting it, mostly as a smear campaign to justify Chase as their pick

6 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

No one on here.  The twitter verse and Cincy Jungle had many suggesting it, mostly as a smear campaign to justify Chase as their pick

I prefer Chase, but to think Sewell would be a bad pick is nuts.  People get so into "their guy".  It's weird.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

This looks to be who ATL is targeting.

I still think they could be in on Sewell as well, but yeah, Pitts seems like the most likely target.  No one on defense is worth a top 5 pick this year.  Could also possibly see a trade out for QB 4 if someone like Carolina is convinced on whoever is left out of Jones, Fields, and Lance.

24 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I still think they could be in on Sewell as well, but yeah, Pitts seems like the most likely target.  No one on defense is worth a top 5 pick this year.  Could also possibly see a trade out for QB 4 if someone like Carolina is convinced on whoever is left out of Jones, Fields, and Lance.

I doubt ATL trades with CAR

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

I doubt ATL trades with CAR

If i'm ATL and CAR wants to give me their 2022 1st and a 2nd this year to take Trey Lance, i'm all over that.  Take their assets and let them take a QB I don't believe in, AND still maybe end up with one of Chase, Pitts, or Sewell

Edited by THE DUKE

23 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

JaMarr Chase Pro day, i'll update this post as I get numbers

41" vert
11'0" broad jump
4.38 40
3.98 shuttle
7.00 3-cone

He's gonna be real good.

I know the Bengals have OL problems, but Chase is that difference maker that can negate some line problems.

#teamchase

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

He's gonna be real good.

I know the Bengals have OL problems, but Chase is that difference maker that can negate some line problems.

#teamchase

Yeah, i'm #teamchase too, but I won't be mad if we draft Sewell.  Bringing in Reiff, having Spain/XSF for LG, and draft a RG in rd 2 (or possibly RT and bump Reiff in) makes a lot of sense too, and we get the dynamic playmaker that makes our WR group one of the best in the league instead of desperately thin after our top 2.

I went through @Ozzy draft in the mock draft forum and given his board this is how I would have made the picks.  Pretty good mock from Ozzy and I like that he has something different than some of the internet group think.  

Here was Ozzy's:

5 Cincinnati: Ja'Marr Chase LSU JR WR
38 Cincinnati: Dillon Radunz NDSU RS SR OT/OG
69 Cincinnati: Jaylen Twyman Pitt RS JR
111 Cincinnati: Adrian Ealy Oklahoma JR OG/OT
149 Cincinnati: Kenny Yeboah Ole Miss SR TE
190 Cincinnati: Lorenzo Neal Purdue RS SR NT
202 Cincinnati (from Houston/Miami): Nick Niemann Iowa RS SR OLB
235 Cincinnati (From Detroit): Dazz Newsome UNC SR WR

And here is how I did it given the same board for each pick.

5. JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU
38. Liam Eichenberg, OG/OT, Notre Dame (G this year, bump out to RT in 2022)
69. Jay Tufele, DT, USC
111. Ronnie Perkins, Edge, Oklahoma
149. Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
190. Luke Farrell, TE, Ohio State
202. Jonathan Cooper, Edge, Ohio State (or maybe Evan McPherson, K, Florida, hard to tell if the Bengals will finally draft a kicker they've needed to for 3-4 years now)
235. Anthuan Simmons, LB, Michigan

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I went through @Ozzy draft in the mock draft forum and given his board this is how I would have made the picks.  Pretty good mock from Ozzy and I like that he has something different than some of the internet group think.  

Here was Ozzy's:

5 Cincinnati: Ja'Marr Chase LSU JR WR
38 Cincinnati: Dillon Radunz NDSU RS SR OT/OG
69 Cincinnati: Jaylen Twyman Pitt RS JR
111 Cincinnati: Adrian Ealy Oklahoma JR OG/OT
149 Cincinnati: Kenny Yeboah Ole Miss SR TE
190 Cincinnati: Lorenzo Neal Purdue RS SR NT
202 Cincinnati (from Houston/Miami): Nick Niemann Iowa RS SR OLB
235 Cincinnati (From Detroit): Dazz Newsome UNC SR WR

And here is how I did it given the same board for each pick.

5. JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU
38. Liam Eichenberg, OG/OT, Notre Dame (G this year, bump out to RT in 2022)
69. Jay Tufele, DT, USC
111. Ronnie Perkins, Edge, Oklahoma
149. Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
190. Luke Farrell, TE, Ohio State
202. Jonathan Cooper, Edge, Ohio State (or maybe Evan McPherson, K, Florida, hard to tell if the Bengals will finally draft a kicker they've needed to for 3-4 years now)
235. Anthuan Simmons, LB, Michigan

I like yours.  A lot.  But I think I'd go Cleveland in the third, then Stills in the fourth, keeping the rest.

Also, the team has another pick (from Seattle) and one of the 7th rounders became a 6th when we shipped Finley to Houston.