OG Middle Tennessee

• CIN
    Javian Hawkins
    RB Louisville

• CIN
    Ben Mason
    RB Michigan

Chase because I think that is 99% what happens

Rousseau at 38 over OL to go for that upside edge, although that might mean balking at extending Hubbard

Walker Little for the pure upside.  Interesting question would be is, do you think he can handle RG this year while he gets his feet back under him after not playing for 2 years, and then transition out to RT next year?  Supposedly an elite talent, he tested very well athletically at the Stanford pro day.  Is he too tall to play inside?  Confident enough to kick Reiff inside and go with Little at RT (which is also a question if you really like Little to take at 38 as well)

Trill Williams is a big corner who has some good athleticism that I think would fit in well with Anarumo's zone scheme.  Could come in as CB5 this year and could develop into a starter.  Has the length and size to play with the boundary WRs.

Cam Sample would be a 2nd edge player, but he looked great at the senior bowl and if we do pass on extending Hubbard, we'd still have depth in 2022.  He's a guy that is pretty much an auto-take if he is there in rd 5, but not sure if i'd pull the trigger at 111.

Robert Jones is a classic big dude from a small school that could find a good niche kicking inside to G where his lack of elite athleticism can be hidden from edge rushers.  Dude is strong.

Javian Hawkins is a fairly comparable athlete to Giovanni Bernard but would need to be coached up in pass pro.  Very shifty runner who would be a good third down complement to Mixon, although the hop is that Mixon plays more snaps this year in the passing game.

I'd play Mason more as a H-Back/TE/FB flex much the same way the Bengals did with Ryan Hewitt. I think Mason is built well for that role.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Between Tryon and Cleveland, who would you pick if both were there at 69 (I don't think Tryon makes it out of rd 2, but you never know)?

Tough one.  But I'm leaning OG so Cleveland if he's rated that highly.  If they don't have him that high, then Tryon and take the best OG left in the fourth

• CIN
    Ja'Marr Chase
    WR LSU

• CIN
    Trey Smith
    OG Tennessee
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Jalen Mayfield
    OT Michigan

• CIN
    Patrick Jones
    EDGE Pittsburgh

• CIN
    Marquez Stevenson
    WR Houston
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Monty Rice
    LB Georgia

• CIN
    Nick Eubanks
    TE Michigan

• CIN
    Ta'Quon Graham
    DT Texas

• CIN
    Jose Borregales

Just now, Carson4MVP said:
  • CIN
    Ja'Marr Chase
    WR LSU

• CIN
    Trey Smith
    OG Tennessee
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Jalen Mayfield
    OT Michigan

• CIN
    Patrick Jones
    EDGE Pittsburgh

• CIN
    Marquez Stevenson
    WR Houston
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Monty Rice
    LB Georgia

• CIN
    Nick Eubanks
    TE Michigan

• CIN
    Ta'Quon Graham
    DT Texas

• CIN
    Jose Borregales

This is my favorite one I’ve done so far. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

Lol same

I run into an issue in mocks on PFN where if I take Sewell there’s a run on WRs before we pick again in the 2nd. When I take Chase, it’s the exact opposite. So I traded down picking up a 4th and future 2nd to move back. Still got a top 2-3 OG in the draft and a future starting OT in Mayfield. Then love the guys I got 4-7. A high upside DE, speedster LB to wreak havoc off the edge and one of the best coverage backers in the class. Another downfield threat for Burrow in Marquez. I’d much rather have this class then what we end up with next week. Guaranteed. 😂 

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't think Mayfield is a future starting OT

You ever go back and watch the OSU vs UM game when the UM coaches left him on an island vs Chase Young? As a true sophomore he more than held his own vs the #2 pick in the draft that year. He is definitely a starting caliber OT in the NFL. 

This might be my favorite mock that I have done this year.  Traded down multiple times and still hit a lot of my targets and was able to get much higher rated guys for our lower needs than normal.

team logo
pfn-logo-black
  • CIN
    Ja'Marr Chase
    WR LSU

• CIN
    Alex Leatherwood
    OT Alabama
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Jay Tufele
    DT USC

• CIN
    Ben Cleveland
    OG Georgia
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Shaun Wade
    S Ohio State
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Cam Sample
    EDGE Tulane
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Anthony Schwartz
    WR Auburn
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Khalil Herbert
    RB Virginia Tech

• CIN
    Robert Hainsey
    OG Notre Dame
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Derrick Barnes
    LB Purdue
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Ben Mason
    HB/TE Michigan

Stuck to my guns despite a large trade offer from the Titans, but I didn't want to move back any further than 7, so I stay put and took Chase.

At 38 there were several guys I still liked, so I moved back 10 spots and get the guy I was going to take at 38 in Leatherwood and add number 80

At 69 I get a hard charging 3 tech in Tufele who has top 40 talent, but after opting out last year is going to slip some.

At 80, there are several guys I like still so I move back to 85 and pick up a couple more extra picks.  At 85 Cleveland is still there, so I have G depth for the future if I want to start Leatherwood at RG this year or if Leatherwood goes right to RT there is Cleveland to learn a year behind Reiff.

At 111, most of my main targets for that range are gone, so I move back to 130 and sacrifice 235 and get two extra picks in the 170s.  At 130, Shaun Wade is too much value to pass up.  He won't start at S or nickle CB right away, but he will be a special teams demon with defensive starter upside.

At 142 I pull the trigger on Senior Bowl star Cam Sample and get some depth behind Hendrixson and Hubbard.  It allows us to invest at edge, but not in a way that prevents us from extending Hubbard if we want to do it.

Now is when the trading back is really starting to pay off as i'm right back on the board 3 picks later and I can take a WR5/6 with ELITE speed in Anthony Schwartz and all of a sudden the Bengals WR room is Chase/Higgins/Boyd/Tate/Schwartz/Thomas and is one of the most complete rooms in the league with a 2nd deep threat added this draft.

Right back on the clock 4 picks later at 149 and instead of rd 6/7 options at RB, I can secure that now taking the Giovanni Bernard clone in Khalil Herbert.  Not as proven and not as experienced, but one of the best pass catching backs in this draft and not a zero running the ball either.

At 173 I'm looking BPA for depth and I think Hainsey is a good fit and lets the Bengals move on from Mike Jordan and maybe from Billy Price as well.  Camp is going to be a bloodbath of a battle on the interior oline with Hopkins, XSF, Spain, Cleveland, Adeniji, Hainsey, Price, Sutherland, and Jordan all battling for 3-4 spots and outside at T with The Jonah, Reiff, and Leatherwood all safe there is Johnson, Prince, and Adeniji battling for just one spot.

I've hit the offense pretty heavy at this point and this late in the draft i'm looking for a guy who can be a special teams stud that can maybe grow into a larger role.  Derrick Barnes isn't a prototypical LB, but he makes plays and plays with passion.  The kind of guy who can fire up the whole team with a big hit on a punt, or a layout block on a return. Could find a role at LB still with little entrenched at LB for the Bengals.

With my last pick I get a chess piece with Ben Mason who I can line up at FB, H-Back, or TE and move him around like the Bengals did with Ryan Hewitt, except Mason is a little more athletic than Hewitt.  He battles with Thad Moss for that last roster spot with the loser ending up on the practice squad.

That was a lot of fun to draft as the times I didn't quite like the board, I moved back and found I had several options I liked and it really paid off hitting depth with 6 picks from picks 130-178 as opposed to rd 7 lottery tickets.

Fantasy depth chart/roster based off that mock:

Offense (25)
QB: Joe Burrow, Brandon Allen
RB: Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine, Khalil Herbert, Trayveon Williams
HB: Ben Mason
XWR: Ja'Marr Chase, Anthony Schwartz
YWR: Tee Higgins, Auden Tate
SWR: Tyler Boyd, Mike Thomas
TE: Drew Sample, CJ Uzomah, Thad Moss
LT: Jonah Williams, (Really Reiff)
LG: Xavier Su'a-Fila, Quentin Spain
C Trey Hopkins, Billy Price
RG: Alex Leatherwood, Ben Cleveland
RT: Riley Reiff, Hakeem Adeniji (Really Leatherwood who is RT in 2022)

Defense (25)
LDE: Sam Hubbard, Cam Sample
NDT: DJ Reader, Josh Tupou, Renell Wren
UDT: Larry Ogunjobi, Jay Tufele
RDE: Trey Hendrixson, Khalid Kareem
WLB: Logan Wilson, Markus Bailey
MLB: Germaine Pratt, Derrick Barnes
SLB: Akeem Davis-Gaither, Jordan Evans
LCB: Trae Waynes, Darius Phillips
SCB: Mike Hilton, (Wade), Tony Brown
RCB: Chidobe Awuzie, Eli Apple
FS: Jessie Bates, Shaun Wade
SS: Vonn Bell, Brandon Wilson

Special Teams (3)
P: Kevin Huber
K: Austin Seibert (or UDFA K, camp battle)
LS: Clark Harris

16 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Fantasy depth chart/roster based off that mock:

Offense (25)
QB: Joe Burrow, Brandon Allen
RB: Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine, Khalil Herbert, Trayveon Williams
HB: Ben Mason
XWR: Ja'Marr Chase, Anthony Schwartz
YWR: Tee Higgins, Auden Tate
SWR: Tyler Boyd, Mike Thomas
TE: Drew Sample, CJ Uzomah, Thad Moss
LT: Jonah Williams, (Really Reiff)
LG: Xavier Su'a-Fila, Quentin Spain
C Trey Hopkins, Billy Price
RG: Alex Leatherwood, Ben Cleveland
RT: Riley Reiff, Hakeem Adeniji (Really Leatherwood who is RT in 2022)

Defense (25)
LDE: Sam Hubbard, Cam Sample
NDT: DJ Reader, Josh Tupou, Renell Wren
UDT: Larry Ogunjobi, Jay Tufele
RDE: Trey Hendrixson, Khalid Kareem
WLB: Logan Wilson, Markus Bailey
MLB: Germaine Pratt, Derrick Barnes
SLB: Akeem Davis-Gaither, Jordan Evans
LCB: Trae Waynes, Darius Phillips
SCB: Mike Hilton, (Wade), Tony Brown
RCB: Chidobe Awuzie, Eli Apple
FS: Jessie Bates, Shaun Wade
SS: Vonn Bell, Brandon Wilson

Special Teams (3)
P: Kevin Huber
K: Austin Seibert (or UDFA K, camp battle)
LS: Clark Harris

Great mock and roster breakdown.  The only place I quibble is at the backup safety spot.  Rico Allen for the backup FS spot with Wade bumping Brown at the last CB spot.

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

Great mock and roster breakdown.  The only place I quibble is at the backup safety spot.  Rico Allen for the backup FS spot with Wade bumping Brown at the last CB spot.

Good call, felt like I was missing someone, and Wade is the perfect guy to bounce between slot CB and S, helping both units.