2021 draft talk

2 minutes ago, BengalsBite said:

taking sewell. based on the last 50 years, there’s a 50% chance he’s at least a 3 time pro bowler. 

also the OT position has the highest HOF rate of any other position with top 5 picks between 1980 and the early 2000s

I've been driving the Sewell bandwagon once we lost a fourth game, so, obviously I agree

32 minutes ago, BengalsBite said:

taking sewell. based on the last 50 years, there’s a 50% chance he’s at least a 3 time pro bowler. 

also the OT position has the highest HOF rate of any other position with top 5 picks between 1980 and the early 2000s

I hate to break it to you, but the Bengals were made to defy the odds 

On 12/10/2020 at 9:19 AM, INbengalfan said:

Unless a top 6 DE emerges, I wouldn't trade back.  Sewell is a top 4 player, and the strength of this draft seems to be WR, so i wouldn't take Chase in the first that high.  

Sewell absolutely should be the pick if he's available.  But I fear Mike Brown outthinks himself, and he selects JaMarr Chase.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, he did take John Ross 9th overall.

I remember.  I was standing next to Marvin Lewis ten minutes after the pick and he did not look happy at all.  I mentioned that he looked as thrilled as me about the pick (I hated it) and he sorta did the Marvin chuckle but said nothing

• Like 2
18 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I remember.  I was standing next to Marvin Lewis ten minutes after the pick and he did not look happy at all.  I mentioned that he looked as thrilled as me about the pick (I hated it) and he sorta did the Marvin chuckle but said nothing

If information ever leaked that Marvin wanted Patrick Mahomes...

The next 3 picks after Ross were Mahomes, Watson, and Lattimore.  We also passed on TJ Watt, Tre White, and Marlon Humphrey who have made the pro bowl and were picked later in the first round than Ross.  But he's just one bad pick. Thank God we invested 2 firsts and a 2nd to get Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Price. That's why we have one of the top O-lines in the league, right?

That’s what scares me a bit about Sewell. He’s being hyped as a for sure thing, but opted out this year. Would have been nice to see another year and have a bigger sample size. if there was ever a team to turn a “for sure thing” into a bust...

9 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

That’s what scares me a bit about Sewell. He’s being hyped as a for sure thing, but opted out this year. Would have been nice to see another year and have a bigger sample size. if there was ever a team to turn a “for sure thing” into a bust...

Literally half of projected first rounders opted out, so do we exclude them all?  Sewell excelled in two years.  Do you want Jamar Cjhase?  Sam Cosmi?  Greg Rousseau?  They akl opted out.  Let's just take Fields since he actually played, if the Jags pass.  If he's gone, I hear that Zac Wilson guy played, so how about him?

25 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Literally half of projected first rounders opted out, so do we exclude them all?  Sewell excelled in two years.  Do you want Jamar Cjhase?  Sam Cosmi?  Greg Rousseau?  They akl opted out.  Let's just take Fields since he actually played, if the Jags pass.  If he's gone, I hear that Zac Wilson guy played, so how about him?

I think with Sewell specifically he’s pretty young, so I was hoping to see him grow. He also hasn’t exactly played against top competition.