2021 draft talk

Johnny Nix

Not a big fan of Pitts. He's a big guy who can move so he's a matchup nightmare in college spread offenses. In the NFL he'd either spend most of his time split out as a WR or getting beatup inline next to a tackle.  Big bodied WRs aren't that hard to find, ex Auden Tate. He's no Hockenson, let alone a DK Metcalf. 

Bengals should just concentrate on finding good players at positions of need. The one good thing about being a bad team is we have needs all over. Take Sewell to replace a bad OT with potentially a great one. Find a new O-line coach of course. But turn the O-line from a liability into a strength and the team will go far. That will let Burrow survive and thrive and then we can fix the defense. 

idk about y’all but i would love it if we got micah parsons. having a stud LB would be amazing. we need playmakers on the defensive side of the ball to help out joe burrow. 

for me if we stay at pick 3, there’s only 3 players we should be considering. penei sewell, micah parsons, and kyle pitts. they’re all incredible talents and are a tier above any other player in the draft (non QB) 

edit: i think gregory rousseau is close tho and might be convinced with more film

Edited by BengalsBite

18 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

idk about y’all but i would love it if we got micah parsons. having a stud LB would be amazing. we need playmakers on the defensive side of the ball to help out joe burrow. 

for me if we stay at pick 3, there’s only 3 players we should be considering. penei sewell, micah parsons, and kyle pitts. they’re all incredible talents and are a tier above any other player in the draft (non QB) 

edit: i think gregory rousseau is close tho and might be convinced with more film

I have a hard time finding the value in taking an ILB 3rd overall. I haven’t looked into the draft that much this year, are there no pass rushers currently projected that high?

I’m wanting a pass rusher, OT, or CB at that slot. Maybe a WR if the right guy comes along. 

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I have a hard time finding the value in taking an ILB 3rd overall. I haven’t looked into the draft that much this year, are there no pass rushers currently projected that high?

I’m wanting a pass rusher, OT, or CB at that slot. Maybe a WR if the right guy comes along. 

personally i feel like the perceived value of ILBs is way too low. i feel like they give soo much more value to a team than what shows up in analytics. 

gregory rousseau and kwity paye might be the only edge rushers that are close to a perceived value of a top 5 pick come april. i do think the combine is gonna have rousseau shoot back up draft boards after sliding throughout the college season since he opted out. 

14 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

personally i feel like the perceived value of ILBs is way too low. i feel like they give soo much more value to a team than what shows up in analytics. 

gregory rousseau and kwity paye might be the only edge rushers that are close to a perceived value of a top 5 pick come april. i do think the combine is gonna have rousseau shoot back up draft boards after sliding throughout the college season since he opted out. 

It’s not a perceived value, it’s very much real. There is a reason the preferred positions I listed make substantially more money compared to off-ball LBs. 

I like Parsons, but not at 3. And honestly,  I really like our young linebackers and not in a boy do I hope they do something kind of way, but in an i expect them to be good for the next 5 seasons. If Sewell isn't there at 3, and there's no de worth taking, I think trade down is the best option.  

38 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I like Parsons, but not at 3. And honestly,  I really like our young linebackers

i personally really disagree with this way of thinking. why is it only okay to take a player at say 8 rather than at 3 if you know that they’re as close to being a lock as a good player as there really can be in any given draft? parsons is as close to a lock really as you can get and i don’t see why we wouldn’t want him. 

secondly and most importantly, don’t settle for good when you have a chance at great. outside of QB, i would be fine taking any position if the front office seems that player as bpa. when we look back at drafts, we look at which players we could have had that ended up being really good regardless of position.

i was just looking ahead to free agency and i really think we should have yannick ngakoue be our primary target. we really need a playmaker on defense and he’s proven to be that every year he’s been in the league and now with 3 different teams. he would also help solidify edge for us (if we bring back lawson too) and make it so edge isn’t as big of a need for us in the draft. 

based on OTC we should have about 54 million before any re-signings or cuts or anything. 

I’ve believe the only positions you should consider inside the top 5 of the draft are QB, OT, WR, DE, CB. If you don’t have a need for one, or one of value isn’t available in that years draft, you trade down. IMO, Sewell is the only guy we should be considering at 3. If the NYJ take him (or trade their pick to another team that takes him), I think we should move down and pick up more assets. 

12 hours ago, Carson4MVP said:

I’ve believe the only positions you should consider inside the top 5 of the draft are QB, OT, WR, DE, CB. If you don’t have a need for one, or one of value isn’t available in that years draft, you trade down. IMO, Sewell is the only guy we should be considering at 3. If the NYJ take him (or trade their pick to another team that takes him), I think we should move down and pick up more assets. 

I agree with this, except for receiver. That guy has to be generational. I would put DT in there instead.  Basically,  same positions I'm willing to spend big money on.

16 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

i was just looking ahead to free agency and i really think we should have yannick ngakoue be our primary target. we really need a playmaker on defense and he’s proven to be that every year he’s been in the league and now with 3 different teams. he would also help solidify edge for us (if we bring back lawson too) and make it so edge isn’t as big of a need for us in the draft. 

based on OTC we should have about 54 million before any re-signings or cuts or anything. 

He'd be a good add. Definitely need a third de that can play with Hubbard and Lawson.  Preferably someone better than both those guys.

• Like 1