2021 draft talk

13 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

if we got kellen winslow jr or vernon davis with taking kyle pitts, how do you think you’d feel about the pick in hindsight?

That's a pretty wide window between them.  Winslow was great in college, but never really worked out in the pros.  Davis did obviously.  

12 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

he was good for like 5 years. he missed basically his entire first two years due to injury (one which was a motorcycle accident) and then i think basically went crazy mentally towards the end of his career

He went bonkers his second year with the "I'm a warrior" meltdown  Now his dad was a great pro.

• Like 1

Certainly no on Smith in round 1. He'll be a possession receiver in the NFL. He has great hands, runs good routes, and is brave. But he's also not especially fast and is pretty small. 

I'd rather sign a mid-tier veteran WR in FA to supplement Higgins, Boyd, and Tate. Someone like Rashard Higgins or Curtis Samuel. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Certainly no on Smith in round 1. He'll be a possession receiver in the NFL. He has great hands, runs good routes, and is brave. But he's also not especially fast and is pretty small. 

I'd rather sign a mid-tier veteran WR in FA to supplement Higgins, Boyd, and Tate. Someone like Rashard Higgins or Curtis Samuel. 

i would enjoy samuel 

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

If we draft WR rd 1 it's Chase or not at all for me

Correct. The only other guy I’m looking at is Pitts but I would trade down first assuming we still pick at 5. There are plenty of decent WR options beyond round 1 however. 

11 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

If we draft WR rd 1 it's Chase or not at all for me

idk i’m a little afraid of chase. it feels like he’s always blanketed by the db but usually wins at the catch point. i feel like going against nfl dbs, they’d be much better at the catch point and he’d have to really excel in that area to do well in the nfl. idk how translatable that is to the nfl

1 hour ago, Johnny Nix said:

There are plenty of decent WR options beyond round 1 however. 

i completely agree with this. this could easily be the difference between a wr at 5 and another position if we do stay and not trade back 

43 minutes ago, BengalsBite said:

idk i’m a little afraid of chase. it feels like he’s always blanketed by the db but usually wins at the catch point. i feel like going against nfl dbs, they’d be much better at the catch point and he’d have to really excel in that area to do well in the nfl. idk how translatable that is to the nfl

i completely agree with this. this could easily be the difference between a wr at 5 and another position if we do stay and not trade back 

Chase got tons of separation in last years CFP, and that was against some of the beat competition he faced.  He opted out this year, didn't he?

• Like 1

I played just say yes to trade downs today:

• CIN
    Carlos Basham Jr.
    EDGE Wake Forest
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Alex Leatherwood
    OT Alabama

• CIN
    Alijah Vera-Tucker
    OG USC