Week 12: Miami Dolphins (6-4) @ New York Jets (0-10)

TheKillerNacho

28 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

So I posted this in NFL General's gameday thread but something I think we might have done is held a division rival to the least combined points in both games of any team in the modern NFL era. We, of course, shut out the Jets in our first meeting and held them to 3 in this one. Checking through some of the previous seasons the least points I've seen scored by a team versus a division rival in both games is 6, of which I've found three. None as low as 3.

So we may have done something special in these two games against the Jets! Woo!

Ah nevermind, found something. 1970 Lions shut out the Packers in both games, first 20-0 then 40-0. But our performance against the Jets this season was the best since then!

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ah nevermind, found something. 1970 Lions shut out the Packers in both games, first 20-0 then 40-0. But our performance against the Jets this season was the best since then!

Welp I also missed our own 1972 Dolphins shutting out the Colts in both games... the year after shutting them out in the playoffs, then AGAIN shutting them out in the first matchup in 1973!

Good to get the win, even if it was ugly, and the opponent was ugly.

The thing I really hate is that the Jet's will likely get Sunshine, and we'll have him in the division for 15 seasons.  And this will come right after Brady leaves the AFC East.

9 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

This is the first game all year that I couldn't get into.  Terrible opponent.  Tua out.  Just meh all around.

I agree, my inspiration to watch the game was pretty low. Watched until we went up then just had it up in the background while watching one of the games with more fantasy impact for me instaed lol

1 hour ago, Deadeye said:

The thing I really hate is that the Jet's will likely get Sunshine,.

While I think this is truly inevitable

and we'll have him in the division for 15 seasons

Their team is too much of a dumpster fire for Trevor to succeed imo. Theyll find a way to ruin him like the rest.