2021 HOF: Boselli & Taylor are again semifinalists; Boselli to Finalists

pwny

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like longevity much like Boselli will be his downfall. Tony should absolutely be in

He finished top 10 in rushing yards and was in the league for over a decade. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea I should've been more specific. Its more of him being at the pinnacle of the position for long enough 

I don’t agree with that either. He was a top 5 back in 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2007. He had as many years at the top of the game as Gayle Sayers or Terrell Davis had total years in the league.

Just like they make up the arbitrary “didn’t play long enough” to justify keeping Bosselli out, despite the fact that he has more career starts than half the OL in the Hall. 

• Like 1

Just now, pwny said:

I don’t agree with that either. He was a top 5 back in 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2007. He had as many years at the top of the game as Gayle Sayers or Terrell Davis had total years in the league.

Just like they make up the arbitrary “didn’t play long enough” to justify keeping Bosselli out, despite the fact that he has more career starts than half the OL in the Hall. 

Is Top-5 enough though? Boselli was Top-3 at least for a good chunk of his healthy career.

I feel like Fred was never THE Runningback of the NFL. He was my RB, loved him to death. The way he moved was unbelievable but I feel like he was never seen as that guy of his generation and for that he'll never get in

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is Top-5 enough though? Boselli was Top-3 at least for a good chunk of his healthy career.

In the deepest era for RBs in NFL history? Absolutely. If the 90’s can put in 8 QBs who all played at the same time, the 2000’s can have 5 RBs. 

• Like 1

I think one of the big things working against them is the relative obscurity of the Jaguars around the country.  They just never hear about the Jags.  I remember the first time I heard people on FF talking about Fred Taylor's career stats and I thought to myself "wow, why have I never even heard of this guy?

Edited by Uncle Buck

• 2 weeks later...