2021 HOF: Boselli & Taylor are again semifinalists; Boselli to Finalists

pwny

The more I think about Fred getting treated like a second class citizen because "no pro bowls" the angrier I get.

In 1998, Taylor has 40 more yards and 11 more TDs than Eddie George. George gets into the Pro Bowl, Taylor doesn't.

In 2000, Taylor has 40 more yards and 7 more TDs than Corry Dillon, Dillon gets into the Pro Bowl, Taylor doesn't.

Then throw in the NFC players that he was better than...

In 1998, Emmitt Smith gets a Pro Bowl nod in the NFC despite fewer yards and fewer TDs.

In 2000, Stephen Davis gets a Pro Bowl nod in the NFC despite fewer yards and fewer TDs.

In 2002, Ahman Green and Michael Bennet get a Pro Bowl nod in the NFC despite fewer yards and fewer TDs.

In 2003, Stephen Davis has over 300 fewer yards, but one more TD and he gets a Pro Bowl nod.

If he had gotten the Pro Bowl nods in the years he was legitimately better than players who made the Pro Bowl, this argument is something no one is making.  It's complete BS. He should have been a 3 time Pro Bowler, and if the rosters weren't split/he played in the NFC, he should have had at least 5. And you could probably get him to 7 if he played in a large market that gave him the edge that other guys got over him in voting.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, pwny said:

The more I think about Fred getting treated like a second class citizen because "no pro bowls" the angrier I get.

In 1998, Taylor has 40 more yards and 11 more TDs than Eddie George. George gets into the Pro Bowl, Taylor doesn't.

In 2000, Taylor has 40 more yards and 7 more TDs than Corry Dillon, Dillon gets into the Pro Bowl, Taylor doesn't.

Then throw in the NFC players that he was better than...

In 1998, Emmitt Smith gets a Pro Bowl nod in the NFC despite fewer yards and fewer TDs.

In 2000, Stephen Davis gets a Pro Bowl nod in the NFC despite fewer yards and fewer TDs.

In 2002, Ahman Green and Michael Bennet get a Pro Bowl nod in the NFC despite fewer yards and fewer TDs.

In 2003, Stephen Davis has over 300 fewer yards, but one more TD and he gets a Pro Bowl nod.

If he had gotten the Pro Bowl nods in the years he was legitimately better than players who made the Pro Bowl, this argument is something no one is making.  It's complete BS. He should have been a 3 time Pro Bowler, and if the rosters weren't split/he played in the NFC, he should have had at least 5. And you could probably get him to 7 if he played in a large market that gave him the edge that other guys got over him in voting.

What’s even more insulting is he only made that one Pro Bowl because Willie Parker pulled out.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2021 at 9:01 AM, Duuuuuvaal said:

I’m so tired of this every year. Why even keep including them if your gonna keep putting in every first time nominee instead?

It feels insulting.  Like they know they're gonna put through some others, first time nominees through instead...so they toss a Jaguar or two on there as "filler" on the ballot.  Like they're throwing Jacksonville fans a bone or something.  Which is just disrespectful, when there's no apparent intent to actually induct them.

• 2 weeks later...