2K20: Game #11 - Kansas City @ Tampa Bay

onejayhawk

Mahomes and Hill were both within eyesght of NFL records, but the conservative approach worked in the 4th quarter. The final drive is the sort of thing they did not do his first two seasons. Mahomes comes up 12 yards short of a personal best, but this time he won. It was 45 yards short of Elvis Grbac's team record off 509.

J

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

You can't deny that he did. The last drive though, he did not.

No, he did not. We had 13 passes to 6 runs in the three scoreless drives prior to the last one. Poor execution (Hardman drop, misfire to Watkins, failed run on 3rd and 2 to Bell) with a lead does not always mean the team went conservative. Yeah, we stopped chucking it deep to Hill, but that was a reaction to the defensive adjustment. We continued calling twice as many pass plays as run plays, and everyone shouted that Reid got conservative because they just weren't as successful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, samsel23 said:

On the bright side of things,  they were smart enough not to pay Dee Ford 

I still wish we could've kept Houston, just at the price Indy gave him. Of all the edge players in that merry go round, he was by far the best value in the end, but I get not wanting to pay a declining player with consistent injury issues the $20M we had to pay him. The like $12M per Indy gave him is perfect though.

If this continues, I do think the team has to move on from Clark after next season. $13M in savings in 2022. We can't get out until then though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, samsel23 said:

On the bright side of things,  they were smart enough not to pay Dee Ford 

The player the Seahawks got With the 1st round pick was terrible so at least we go that too lol.

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I still wish we could've kept Houston, just at the price Indy gave him. Of all the edge players in that merry go round, he was by far the best value in the end, but I get not wanting to pay a declining player with consistent injury issues the $20M we had to pay him. The like $12M per Indy gave him is perfect though.

If this continues, I do think the team has to move on from Clark after next season. $13M in savings in 2022. We can't get out until then though.

I heard Okafor was dropping back into coverage? Seeing Kpass and hearing about Okafor I keep thinking Houston wouldve been perfect for this Defense. Rush 90% of the time and drop back every once in a while in Blitz packages 

do we have to wait till after 2022? Or can we cut him during the next offseason?

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

The player the Seahawks got With the 1st round pick was terrible so at least we go that too lol.

I heard Okafor was dropping back into coverage? Seeing Kpass and hearing about Okafor I keep thinking Houston wouldve been perfect for this Defense. Rush 90% of the time and drop back every once in a while in Blitz packages 

do we have to wait till after 2022? Or can we cut him during the next offseason?

I saw Okafor and Clark both drop back at least once, today. That's not that unusual, though. Zone blitzes are a thing to some extent in most schemes. Less ideal against a team with a good TE. I was honestly fine with Kpass covering Witten last week, you'd just like the pressure to have gotten to Carr sooner on that one.

Cutting him this offseason really isn't feasible. He counts for $25.8M against the cap on roster next year. He'd cost us $38.9M in dead money next year if we cut him. We won't have the kind of cap space to make that move even if we wanted to. And at that point, even if he was just a rotational piece, it isn't like he's actively dragging the team down, so you'd be better off paying him to at least contribute something, than to pay him more to do nothing. He's not Antonio Brown or Le'Veon Bell, causing more problems than contributions, so you want to dump him at any cost.

Trade is more feasible, but in a year where everyone is going to be trying to save money, no one is going to take essentially a cap casualty in a trade. You'd have to sell like the Jets or Jags on a Brock Osweiler kind of deal, where they take the salary and we give picks, but again, Clark isn't a bad player, just overpaid, so I don't think it's at that level of desperation to move on.

Snap counts from the game had some odd things. Eric Fisher, Nick Allegretti, Austin Reiter, Andrew Wylie and Mike Remmers all play 100%. Mecole Hardman was down, even with Pringle out. The Sausage is almost an after thought. Turk Wharton continues to gain snaps. Juan Thornhill had a bid jump after his lowest week of the year. L'Jarius Sneed played extensively against run sets. Linebackers as a group were less used. 
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/11/30/21726621/chiefs-buccaneers-snap-counts-thornhill-wharton-get-surprising-usage-nfl-week-12

J

Hill's monster game moved him to #1 on the yardage chart and 3 TDs to first on the scoring chart. Though DK Metcalf passed him in the Monday night game, Hill was first to 1000 yards this season. Hill and Kelce are currently 2nd and 3rd in yardage. Hill's 13 receiving TDs is #1 and 14 combined TDs ties Dalvin Cook for #1.  

Mahomes is now on pace for another 5000 yard season. TDs track for 43. He's also very efficient, with a league leading 8.2 yards per attempt. 

J

6 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Prior to the game the team waived (in my opinion: surprisingly, would have thought Watts is out first) S Tedric Thompson. Well, he was claimed by Cleveland, so no reunion on the practice squad, no ring.

He might still get a ring. They passed out a lot of them.

J