Chargers vs Bills GDT: Can the Bills regain momentum after their bye?

Trentwannabe

Josh Allen, Melvin Ingram III - Josh Allen Photos - Los Angeles Chargers vs.  Buffalo Bills - Zimbio

Last 5 Games:
2018: Chargers 31 @ Buffalo 20
2017: Buffalo 24 @ Chargers 54
2014: Chargers 22 @ Buffalo 10
2011: Buffalo 10 @ Chargers 37
2008: Chargers 14 @ Buffalo 23

The Chargers have won the last 4 straight (2-0 against McDermott) and 6 of the last 7 games. 

Fun Facts:
Josh Allen made his first career start against the Chargers in week 2 of  2018. 
Chargers HC Anthony Lynn was the Bills interim coach at the end of 2016 and a serious candidate for the full time position. 
The Bills are 1-1 vs the LA Chargers all time but are 11-24-2 vs San Diego.
Bills HC Sean McDermott is 3-0 after the bye week in his career 

Quick Analysis:

Two young QB's who have been dealing all season will go toe to toe this Sunday in Orchard Park. Buffalo is sitting at 7-3 and in control of the AFC East whereas the Chargers are 3-7 and have lost multiple games by one score or less. Point blank, this is a game the Bills should win and there is zero excuse not to. As well as the Chargers offense has played led by rookie QB Justin Herbert, the Bills are the better overall team who are at home and coming off more rest. Buffalo's defense has begun to ramp up the pressure on opposing QB's and forcing turnovers much more often now. If they can continue this trend, the Bills will be a force moving forward. 

In the end, I am going to trust the team who's QB has led many 4th quarter comebacks over the team who finds new ways to lose every week. 
Bills 34
Chargers 20.

While some may say we are the overall better team the chargers just have not known how to finish sometimes like the bills as they start off quick and just fizzle at the end to hold the lead. Their offense is 3rd in total yards and while they aren't scoring as much Herbert is more then capable of slinging the ball (similar to Allen in that sense). With them getting their RB back since week 4 and having key guys like Henry, Allen, and Williams it will be a battle on the field. The Bills d finally getting Levi, and Norman back will be a nice ability to have help covering these guys. It will come down to who makes more mistakes on offense and which defense comes up with it. The good thing is everyone seems to be healthy for the bills which hasnt really happen since the start of the season. I think Bills win it 34-27 but it will not be a blow out as their offense has proven to stay with it.

Edited by soflbillsfan

I'm a bit worried about this game. Herbert is an amazing talent, and while McD has curb stomped young QBs in the past- Herbert may be the exception. Chargers also have a solid pass rush which has cause problems for Allen in the past. LA can definitely give our squad fits. I'm expecting a close game.  

8 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

I'm a bit worried about this game. Herbert is an amazing talent, and while McD has curb stomped young QBs in the past- Herbert may be the exception. Chargers also have a solid pass rush which has cause problems for Allen in the past. LA can definitely give our squad fits. I'm expecting a close game.  

I'd be disappointed if we lose this. This is a game we should win coming off the bye week. I think itll be close but

Bills 24

Chargers 21

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Bills will go all of 2020 without their starting OL in tact. 

This is why you just dont dump Quinton Spain. He could be upset for a few weeks but this is where they would need him. So frustrating because that means Winters will continue to be an issue for this team ranking 65th out of 90 Guards in the league right now. Had Ford and Feliciano finally showed up the offense may finally have been able to run the ball but now we will never know.

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

This is why you just dont dump Quinton Spain. He could be upset for a few weeks but this is where they would need him. So frustrating because that means Winters will continue to be an issue for this team ranking 65th out of 90 Guards in the league right now. Had Ford and Feliciano finally showed up the offense may finally have been able to run the ball but now we will never know.

Spain sucked this year too. He’s no loss other than depth.

Im guessing Boettger starts at LG and Feliciano at RG.

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Spain sucked this year too. He’s no loss other than depth.

Im guessing Boettger starts at LG and Feliciano at RG.

I dont know how you can say he sucked considering he started 2 games this year and played a half game in the Vegas while missing the Rams game in between. He didnt have any penalties nor sacks in the 2 and half games he played for the bills so to me I think he is a lot better then what Winters has been offering for us. Some of the moves they are making are head scratches like a healthy scratch for Morse before the bye week and McD didnt come out and say that Morse will be starting this week until Ford went down with the injury on Wednesday. To me they dont know what they are doing with the constant shuffling on the inside and struggled with it last year by having Ty and ford go in and out. I wouldnt be surprised that they have Feliciano at LG and Winters at RG over Ike playing. I think if ford wasnt hurt we would be watching ford feliciano and winters starting leaving morse on the bench