candyman93

Who wins?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• The Good Guys
    • The Bad Guys
    • Horny
    • Nobody

My guess is that the refs and the NFL collude to keep games close for advertising revenue and thus do stuff like this (and the phantom hold on Tretter and the incidental helmet-to-helmet that would have ended the game for most watching butt instead kept viewers for another round of two of commercials). 

And gambling odds, of course.

Edited by NudeTayne
@cynicalTayne
  • Like 2

Well that was a tough loss

After the game was over and tv went away Jerome Booger brought the teams back on the field. He said the teams will play until Jacksonville scores and wins the game.  It just happened. 

Bummer 

/s

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

My guess is that the refs and the NFL collude to keep games close for advertising revenue and thus do stuff like this (and the phantom hold on Tretter and the incidental helmet-to-helmet that would have ended the game for most watching butt instead kept viewers for another round of two of commercials). 

And gambling odds, of course.

that is meaningless. They get the revenue for advertising before the game is even played. Doesnt matter if the game is 2 hours long or 4 hours long.

36 minutes ago, buno67 said:

that is meaningless. They get the revenue for advertising before the game is even played. Doesnt matter if the game is 2 hours long or 4 hours long.

I understand that, but I would also guess the advertisers expect the games to be stretched out as well. This ish happens too often to just be bad officiating. I saw missed penalties all game (on both sides) and then a bunch of nonsense at the end against whoever is winning (happened to be us). I won't die on this hill, but the companies advertising with the NFL have incredibly low ethics as well, so I absolutely don't put it past them.

9 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I understand that, but I would also guess the advertisers expect the games to be stretched out as well. This ish happens too often to just be bad officiating. I saw missed penalties all game (on both sides) and then a bunch of nonsense at the end against whoever is winning (happened to be us). I won't die on this hill, but the companies advertising with the NFL have incredibly low ethics as well, so I absolutely don't put it past them.

im not putting it on the ad people. If anything it be refs betting on games

36 minutes ago, buno67 said:

im not putting it on the ad people. If anything it be refs betting on games

I think some refs just hold grudges and our fans have treated them as baldy or worse than any other. Maybe they don't even do it on purpose, just hold resentment in the back of their minds and it it looks like a possible infraction when it matters they act.

They should be graded and removed if there is a history of actions like those. Where something looked like it may be a penalty and they throw a flag. Flags should only be thrown when you see a penalty, not when you suspect one.

As far as the 1st down, they have said many times that the final link in the chain represents 10 yards I'm not sure why they use that rule sometimes and not others but I think they need to get their story straight.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think some refs just hold grudges and our fans have treated them as baldy or worse than any other. Maybe they don't even do it on purpose, just hold resentment in the back of their minds and it it looks like a possible infraction when it matters they act.

They should be graded and removed if there is a history of actions like those. Where something looked like it may be a penalty and they throw a flag. Flags should only be thrown when you see a penalty, not when you suspect one.

As far as the 1st down, they have said many times that the final link in the chain represents 10 yards I'm not sure why they use that rule sometimes and not others but I think they need to get their story straight.

I also believe the theory that refs are less flag happy when you’re a good or big market team.

It’s probably because good team -> more views -> more people knowing you screwed up

Edited by candyman93