Week 12: Dolphins vs Jets

Bobby816

Last time we played they worked us. I don't expect it to be that easy this time. But I do expect us to still lose. Miami has a tough defense that we couldn't even score on last time we played. They didn't have to do much on offense to beat us easily. They will have to do more this time though. I expect us to at least get a couple passing TDs in this one. But the run game I think will be rather non existent.

MIA: 31

NYJ: 20

It is never easy to sweep a divisional opponent year over year, so I too expect a tight one. Very curious about the Miami decision to "bench" Tua last week. Very curious. He probably balls out this week in response, but still.

I am also curious as to who starts for us this week. The way Flacco is throwing the ball, I kinda want Darnold back in. I think Flacco gives us the best chance to win a game right now, which is the last thing we want.

In all honesty, it is going to be very very hard to stay ahead of Jacksonville. Mike Glennon is now starting for them. They have COVID issues. They placed a number of defenders on regular IR. 

I would feel a heck of a lot more comfortable with a two-game cushion but I don't think we are going to get that anytime soon.

Hopefully, once Minshew II returns, he will have a little bit of magic left and he can lead them to win a game...maybe.

We probably should have known that even this wasn't going to be easy. We have never been the masters of anything, so why would losing be the first thing we master?

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

It is never easy to sweep a divisional opponent year over year, so I too expect a tight one. Very curious about the Miami decision to "bench" Tua last week. Very curious. He probably balls out this week in response, but still.

I am also curious as to who starts for us this week. The way Flacco is throwing the ball, I kinda want Darnold back in. I think Flacco gives us the best chance to win a game right now, which is the last thing we want.

In all honesty, it is going to be very very hard to stay ahead of Jacksonville. Mike Glennon is now starting for them. They have COVID issues. They placed a number of defenders on regular IR. 

I would feel a heck of a lot more comfortable with a two-game cushion but I don't think we are going to get that anytime soon.

Hopefully, once Minshew II returns, he will have a little bit of magic left and he can lead them to win a game...maybe.

We probably should have known that even this wasn't going to be easy. We have never been the masters of anything, so why would losing be the first thing we master?

Cleveland is banged up right now, Garret and ward are both out which is huge for them. Here's to hoping glennon balls out after not playing for a while and mayfield has a bad turnover or two. 

• Like 1

I'm hopping a healthy Sam, with a full compliment or healthy WRs leads to a big game for him. Ideally he balls, but the defense sucks and maybe Gore has a key fumble that costs of the game. Whether you want Sam to be our QB long term or not, you should be rooting for him to look as good as possible so that he can attract strong trade offers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Sam not playing for weeks isnt going to magically make him good.  Miami needs this game to stay in the hunt. I do think it will be closer till the end.

NYJ - 16

MIA - 27

Remember last year against the cowboys. It’s exactly what happened. Book it; we will win tomorrow. I hope I’m wrong obviously!

The last I heard Tua, was the starting QB for Miami. If he is starting there is no way he puts up thirty point on the Jets, if it is Fritz starting that is another story. Tua was so bad last week he was yank form the game. If Darnold, starts Sunday it will be a good test for him to see whether he really is our future.

What happens If Darnold, throws for 350 yards and three TD passes and the Jets wins ?? 

Edited by doumeyer

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

The last I heard Tua, was the starting QB for Miami. If he is starting there is no way he puts up thirty point on the Jets, if it is Fritz starting that is another story. Tua was so bad last week he was yank form the game. If Darnold, starts Sunday it will be a good test for him to see whether he really is our future.

What happens If Darnold, throws for 350 yards and three TD passes and the Jets wins ?? 

Nothing. Doesn't change how abysmal hes been and how much hes regressed. If we win we just need the Jags to win a game.