THE Aaron Jones Thread

incognito_man

12 minutes ago, Slinky said:

It took 2 guys getting hurt (Ty, Jamaal) before our brilliant head coach was forced to use him.

Just amazing. 

not just 2 injuries to guys this season, but literally MM's entire coaching career in GB...

make no mistake MM loves bigger 'workhorse/every down' type backs to a fault most of the time... not that its a bad style of RB to have in your offense.

but this is not the first time the packers have had a RB on the roster with a similar skillset that Jones has. however its one of the first times MM has truly embraced that back by feeding significant touches throughout a game.

& when he finally comits to that guy, look what happens (behind a shuffled OL no less)

i just hope the staff rides this horse as long as its functional. because Jones brings a great dynamic to this offense

29 minutes ago, Slinky said:

It took 2 guys getting hurt (Ty, Jamaal) before our brilliant head coach was forced to use him.

Just amazing. 

Yea, this is what was troubling for me. You'd like to think our staff can spot talent but they missed it badly here. I've been saying for weeks (and caught some grief earlier) that Jones is light-years better than Williams as a runner. I could see that after they each carried the ball a few times in preseason and I'm just a no-nothing fan. For that matter, Jones is a better runner than Monty as well. No way in hell does Monty have the game yesterday that Jones had, period. Monty is a good No. 2 punch for sure and should be used and moved around a lot bc you can get creative with the guy, but Jones is the RB in terms of running ability that Monty wants to be. Feed the kid. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, this is what was troubling for me. You'd like to think our staff can spot talent but they missed it badly here. I've been saying for weeks (and caught some grief earlier) that Jones is light-years better than Williams as a runner. I could see that after they each carried the ball a few times in preseason and I'm just a no-nothing fan. For that matter, Jones is a better runner than Monty as well. No way in hell does Monty have the game yesterday that Jones had, period. Monty is a good No. 2 punch for sure and should be used and moved around a lot bc you can get creative with the guy, but Jones is the RB in terms of running ability that Monty wants to be. Feed the kid. 

Monty's game against CHI was insane, and those were yards he made for himself, not blocked for him. What's a RBs #1 job in GB? Not get #12 killed. Williams and Monty were clearly better than Jones in that regard, it wasn't even close watching TC reps (and TyMon isn't really that good either). Jones got on the field and made the most of his opportunities, but lets not act like everyone other than our coaches saw this coming. He was far better than I anticipated in pass pro. I think we have 3 nice RBs moving forward, I hope we have a committee down the stretch. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

No one is perfect. I mean they took heat for keeping all of the runningbacks, but now we are mad at them for not knowing what they had? Packer fans are something else.

Also Troy mentioned they dumbed down the gameplan for him very simple stuff instead of throwing him to the wolves, so Ty go the nod clearly because he know all or most of the plays.

5 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

We have a hundred yards rusher who was a mid round pick and the usual suspects still complain.

He’d already be AT LEAST at 500 yards rushing on the season if he had been playing from week one.

#HottestofHotTakes #FACT

8 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

He’d already be AT LEAST at 500 yards rushing on the season if he had been playing from week one.

#HottestofHotTakes #FACT

Maybe. Who knows. I just think it's funny first it was omg why three running backs in one class. And one was a damn 7th. Then they dropped that and it's how didn't he play above Williams... Williams has 9 carries before this week. It's not like he was in there a ton. They have to always find the negative in everything to prove whatever their preconceived notions are.

25 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

We have a hundred yards rusher who was a mid round pick and the usual suspects still complain.

Was going to say something similar. A rookie 5th round pick misses the first couple games before he was able to prove himself. What an awful, awful coaching staff we must have. :)

9 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Maybe. Who knows. I just think it's funny first it was omg why three running backs in one class. And one was a damn 7th. Then they dropped that and it's how didn't he play above Williams... Williams has 9 carries before this week. It's not like he was in there a ton. They have to always find the negative in everything to prove whatever their preconceived notions are.

yep, these are the same people whining that 3 RBs were drafted and are now whining that one of them is actually good, but wasn't good IMMEDIATELY enough for the staff to construct the season around him. It's so absurd, you just gotta laugh.

10 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

. Williams has 9 carries before this week. It's not like he was in there a ton. They have to always find the negative in everything to prove whatever their preconceived notions are.

You know Williams has been hurt, right?

People are criticizing the fact that it took 2 other RBs to get injured before Jones got a shot. I don't see anything wrong with that. 

Just now, Slinky said:

People are criticizing the fact that it took 2 other RBs to get injured before Jones got a shot. I don't see anything wrong with that. 

you don't see anything wrong with complaining about it taking a couple injuries for the 4th string RB to get reps?

Does BB suck because Brady wouldn't have been if Bledsoe hadn't gotten hurt? This is absurd logic.

Just now, incognito_man said:

you don't see anything wrong with complaining about it taking a couple injuries for the 4th string RB to get reps?

Does BB suck because Brady wouldn't have been if Bledsoe hadn't gotten hurt? This is absurd logic.

Jones is 4th string now? That's news to me!

And I see a problem that McCarthy didn't see his potential before now. No reason Ty should've been carrying the load that he was before he got hurt. 

Then he gets hurt, and Mac turns to Williams, who is terrible.

It then took Williams getting hurt to give Jones a shot, DESPITE me and other Joe Blows calling for Jones, knowing he's better than Williams. 

5 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Williams was active afaik. 

You don't like Mac right? Just seemed like low hanging fruit to use at ammo against him. He was a 5th round pick we didn't force into playing time for a few weeks. I was slurping Jones was everyone else. I don't think it was some massive oversight mistake. He lost very few carries to Williams. Mostly to Ty who was up and down but far more trusted. It's a comfort thing not our coaches are brain dead drooling morons like these guys wanna pretend.

Archived