THE Aaron Jones Thread

incognito_man

not sure why the chatter is an excitement for when Monty gets back so we can platoon them...  Jones is the far better runner.

There's a place for Monty on this team, but it's as a special package player like Cobb in the backfield.  Monty is a little more physical, but has next to no vision.

Still, much of today's success was based on a speedy back facing some extremely light fronts, along with some great playcalls by Mac which sprung some yards.  The final drive play was a gutsy call from Mac, and good on Rodgers for  not checking out of that when you're facing 5 in the box.  Great execution by Linsley and Evans to get the combo block on the DT and then Evans to reach the 2nd level.

Very impressed with his vision to see the backside on the outside zone play.  It's clear he knows how to run that play really well, knows what to look for, and reads the blocking well.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Any serious injuries or stamina/weardown issues with Jones? Can he be a bellcow from now until February and hold-up?

Good question.  Would assume a healthy Monty reduces the carries some for Jones.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Any serious injuries or stamina/weardown issues with Jones? Can he be a bellcow from now until February and hold-up?

No, I think he's too small for that.

One of Monty or Williams or Mays needs to demonstrate some ability with the 2-3 TE 2 RB offense and allow us to play a more physical style against the softer fronts.  Get a few "offenses" going which serve as a change of pace to the 3 WR offense which should be featured for the packers and feature Jones at RB.

Man, if i had watched his highlight reel before the draft I would have been all over him. LOVE this type of back. Haven't been this excited for a guy since we drafted Cobb I don't think. I loved Cobb at Kentucky.

This guy is legit. 1000yd season is on the table. (75/game rest of way)

It's pretty evident he's better than Jamaal Williams. Looked better than him in preseason and obviously shined today. While on the topic of RB's, I was also impressed by Devante Mays in preseason as well, but doubt we see him getting any playing time

You have to start him at least next week to see what he can do. If he replicates that play against a much better Vikings team I think you have to give the majority of the carries to him and forget about splitting with Montgomery. Find other ways to use Montgomery. 

Archived