Moretti's Mock draft post military

moretti19

Hey everyone, pretty big week for my family as I as I just finished up my enlistment with the US Coast Guard. Just want to thank everyone, you provided me with a ton of material to read on many boring BORING days lol. Thought I would post a celebration mock.

Thats me!

28911775001_5835525133001_5835522331001-

Prediction:

The packers have not played a complete game yet this season and as we get closer and closer to the playoffs we start to see the team coming together. The Pack get hot and earn the 1 seed and make it to the Super Bowl. The Packers then defeat the Chiefs in a showdown between Mahomes and Rogers.

Resign:

LT David Bakhtari

Jamaal Williams:

USATSI_13965930.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Lane Taylor:

Cheap and solid lineman plus I love his Instagram page with his BBQing. 

hz2gemsxsurat7rfo84d

Not Resigned:

Corey Linsley: Linsley has been amazing and will get more money than we can afford.

Kevin King: I have always had a grudge on King because I wanted Watt. He flashes potential but also screams BUST with how much he is hurt and in my opinion plays very soft.

Tyler Ervin: I appreciate Swervin but he is someone that should be replaceable in the draft.

Aaron Jones: Get your money Aaron, hate to see you go but will always be a fan.

Will Redmond:

Montravious Adams: I thought he was going to be a stud.

Mercedes Lewis: Unless we can turn you into a backup LT.

Cut:

Christian Kirksley: He has looked decent but with our promising young linebackers we are willing to eat the cost of cutting Kirksley.

Preston Smith: Slowly but surely Gary is starting to come along making Smith not worth the $$$.

Free Agents:

Corey Davis WR Titans: He has the size and speed we desire in our Receivers and has looked damn good this year. 

1283394220.0.jpg

John Jenkins DT Bears: We steal a cheap run clog from the Bears.

usatsi_10471687.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

NFL Draft: we receive a 4th for Martinex, 5th for Bulaga and 5th for Fackrell. 

Round 1:

Alabama_logo.gif DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
Height: 6-1. Weight: 175.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Projected Round (2021): 1-2.
View Ranking History

11/7/20: Smith has dominated in 2020 showing off he is a pure football player that does everything well. If Smith were 20 pounds heavier, he would be a top-10 pick. The only knock on Smith is his thin build, but otherwise team sources rave about him and say he is a natural football player.

090719_MFB_SmithDe_NMSU_AMB2547.JPG

Round 2:

Clemson_logo.gif Derion Kendrick, CB, Clemson
Height: 6-0. Weight: 190.
Projected 40 Time: 4.5.
Projected Round (2021): 2-4.
View Ranking History

11/14/20: Kendrick was inactive in the 2020 season opener, but Clemson did not reveal the reason for him not playing against Wake Forest. Since then he has played well for Clemson this year and has been sound in coverage.

derion-kendrick.jpg

Round 3:

Louisville_logo.gif Jared Goldwire, DT, Louisville
Height: 6-6. Weight: 305.
Projected 40 Time: 5.16.
Projected Round (2021): 2-4.
View Ranking History

11/21/20: Goldwire has played really well for Louisville this season, showing good ability to control his gap at the point of attack. He also has flashed some ability to contribute other pass rush. Goldwire is significantly improved over his 2019 and 2018 performances, having almost matched those seasons of production after only five games this season.

8678738.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=1200:630,off

Round 4:

OleMiss_logo.gif Royce Newman, G, Ole Miss
Height: 6-5. Weight: 305.
Projected 40 Time: 5.25.
Projected Round (2021): 3-5.
View Ranking History

11/14/20: Newman had an impressive junior year as Ole Miss' left guard. He did a very good job in pass protection, being credited with only one sack allowed on 416 pass blocks. It was his first season as a starter, so Newman could be even better now that he has some experience. He could stand to get stronger and fill out his frame for the NFL. In 2020, Newman is starting at right tackle for the Rebels, and thus far, he has held his own.

maxresdefault.jpg

Round 4 Comp:

Missouri_logo.gif Larry Rountree III, RB, Missouri
Height: 5-10. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.5.
View Ranking History

11/7/20: While Missouri has struggled to open 2020, Rountree has been running tough. He needs more support from the rest of the offense.

1182130443-850x560.jpeg

Round 5:

collegecap.png Zach Davidson*, TE, Central Missouri
Height: 6-7. Weight: 245.
Projected 40 Time: 4.79.
View Ranking History

11/7/20: Central Missouri isn't really playing this fall.

8/29/20: Davidson plays tight end and punter for Central Missouri, but NFL teams' advance scouts have him listed as a tight end on their preseason watch list. Davidson had some dominant games as a receiver in 2019, going over 170 yards in back-to-back games with six touchdowns against Missouri Southern State and Central Oklahoma. He is a red-zone weapon, as his 15 scores from 2019 illustrates. Davidson will be an interesting prospect to watch, especially if he goes to an all-star game and takes on tougher competition.

Zach_Davidson.jpg

Round 5 Comp:

Florida_logo.gif Evan McPherson*, K, Florida
Height: 5-9. Weight: 180.
Projected 40 Time: .
Projected Round (2021): 4-6.
View Ranking History

10/31/20: McPherson has been superb in the early going of 2020 (5-of-5), including a 55-yard field goal with room to spare. McPherson was very good as a sophomore and freshman, duplicating his numbers of hitting 90 percent (17-of-19) each season. He had a long of 48 in 2018 and a long of 50 in 2019

McPhersonEvan_180908_160_MattStamey.jpg

Round 6:

Colorado_logo.gif Nate Landman, ILB, Colorado
Height: 6-3. Weight: 230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
Projected Round (2021): 4-6.
View Ranking History

11/21/20: Landman has 20 tackles and one tackle for a loss so far this season.

9/5/20: Landman had an excellent sophomore season in which he did a good job defending the run and produced a lot of big plays in pass defense. His production was down in 2019, but it can be hard for linebackers to duplicate huge stat lines. Landman needs to show pass-coverage skills with NFL speed and athleticism.

233E8934-DEF6-4D99-93F8-17D1E41C5028-580

Round 6:

BYU_logo.gif Khyiris Tonga, NT, BYU
Height: 6-4. Weight: 321.
Projected 40 Time: 5.48.
Projected Round (2021): 5-7.
View Ranking History

11/21/20: Tonga has played well for BYU this season, clogging running lanes and contributing in the pass rush. He is a run-stuffing nose tackle for the next level.

Khyiris3.jpg?h=9094a4fb&itok=G1_gJWn6

Round 7

Hawaii_logo.gif Rico Bussey Jr., WR, Hawaii
Height: 6-2. Weight: 190.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round (2021): 5–7.
View Ranking History

11/7/20: Bussey is averaging almost 11 yards per catch this season.

busseycelebrates.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Welcome back! I gotta say I love your dogs! I had a basset hound for 15 years and am looking for one again.

I'd like to see more DL, otherwise I like the ideas.

Haha we had 15 basset hounds down their we set free. Thanks, I figured if we win it all Pettine wouldn’t be fired and we know he hardly uses DL.

43 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Congrats and thanks for your service!

Honestly just way too much investment at WR that's not needed. I'm totally fine with Adams, Lazard, MVS, Funchess, EQ, 1-2 mid round guys going into camp.

In this scenario I'd spend more capital on DB/OL and lose Davis/Smith.

Thank you! I am honestly ready to turn WR into a strength again and we know what we have in our guys which isn’t much outside of Jones and Lazard.. We will need to offset somehow for the big plays we are going to lose from losing Aaron Jones.

Edited by moretti19

Great picture...and THANK YOU for what you DO!

Regarding the off-season.  Any off-season that does not include cutting Lowry just doesn't work for me.

I'd be thrilled with the first 3 selections.  Especially the first selection.  No argument from me.  Lazard and MVS are here, but I don't know how much you invest in them long term.  I put Funchess in the "easy to cut if you have to" boat.  And he's a one year guy if he stays on the roster.  So yah, we need to backfill that position.

Hadn't thought about bringing Taylor back.  But that makes a lot of sense.

Hadn't thought about moving on from Crosby.  He's been very, very good.  But if your thought is that he could retire, then yah, I get the kicker selection.

Nice job.

41 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Great picture...and THANK YOU for what you DO!

Regarding the off-season.  Any off-season that does not include cutting Lowry just doesn't work for me.

I'd be thrilled with the first 3 selections.  Especially the first selection.  No argument from me.  Lazard and MVS are here, but I don't know how much you invest in them long term.  I put Funchess in the "easy to cut if you have to" boat.  And he's a one year guy if he stays on the roster.  So yah, we need to backfill that position.

Hadn't thought about bringing Taylor back.  But that makes a lot of sense.

Hadn't thought about moving on from Crosby.  He's been very, very good.  But if your thought is that he could retire, then yah, I get the kicker selection.

Nice job.

Thank you! Lowry slipped my mind but Keke def could take his spot.

I love the Smith pick. I don't think Corey Davis would be a good signing though (tolling Funchess... too similar).

I'd personally like Jones over Williams just because of fit (Dillion kind replicates what Will does), but I get it money wise.... In a dream world Jones will just want Eckler money.

Wagner probably gets cut

I'd like a KR option somewhere.

Good job though and thanks for the service!

One of my old co-workers was Coast Guard so I can definitely appreciate the work you do and how hard you work.

As for the mock. I like the direction, but DeVonta Smith is off the board by the time we pick IMHO. I also think we go OT as well sometime early as RT is really still at ? given Turner's struggles against speed rushers. The biggest gripe I have is the first 4th round pick. It makes zero sense to draft a Guard when you just drafted two the previous year, one who has played significant time now, and you've resigned Lane Taylor who has missed at least 20 games within the past two seasons. I too would go DB over K and go Mike Rose over Nate Landman as well. Rose is essentially Brian Urlacher, an oversized SS that was moved to ILB at Iowa St. and has done nothing more than make plays. Other than that, I have no comment for the other players, but again, like the direction you took overall, I disagree with letting Kirksey and Smith walk and I don't think Corey Davis is a viable FA target. Jenkins' injury history does make me worry a bit, but if he's cheap enough why not. 

Edited by Joe

38 minutes ago, Joe said:

One of my old co-workers was Coast Guard so I can definitely appreciate the work you do and how hard you work.

As for the mock. I like the direction, but DeVonta Smith is off the board by the time we pick IMHO. I also think we go OT as well sometime early as RT is really still at ? given Turner's struggles against speed rushers. The biggest gripe I have is the first 4th round pick. It makes zero sense to draft a Guard when you just drafted two the previous year, one who has played significant time now, and you've resigned Lane Taylor who has missed at least 20 games within the past two seasons. I too would go DB over K and go Mike Rose over Nate Landman as well. Rose is essentially Brian Urlacher, an oversized SS that was moved to ILB at Iowa St. and has done nothing more than make plays. Other than that, I have no comment for the other players, but again, like the direction you took overall, I disagree with letting Kirksey and Smith walk and I don't think Corey Davis is a viable FA target. Jenkins' injury history does make me worry a bit, but if he's cheap enough why not. 

In all honesty, the mullet really helped me pick the guard. I’ll have to look into Rose I had not seen him yet.