Week 12 GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I don't think that you would keep him as a developmental 3rd...I think you would just keep him as a guy who knows the system and can help out in the room. Specifically if your top two are new guys. My assumption is that your new starter or back up would be a young guy 

Yeah, I've just never been a fan of keeping a 3rd QB on the 53 unless it is a young guy you don't want to lose. Especially since you can keep a handful of vets on the PS now. I wouldn't mind him being the PS QB, but he doesn't deserve an active roster spot IMO

Just now, struby3 said:

Yeah, I've just never been a fan of keeping a 3rd QB on the 53 unless it is a young guy you don't want to lose. Especially since you can keep a handful of vets on the PS now. I wouldn't mind him being the PS QB, but he doesn't deserve an active roster spot IMO

Neither have I, but with the expanded rosters and Shanny's existing preference for it, I"m assuming that we do it moving forward.