Week 12 GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Clearly he is well respected and teams are interested in him for a reason. It's okay though, he needs to go take his shot at being the GM somewhere else if it isn't going to happen here. 

Oh no doubt but i also have the feeling our coaching staff is heavily involved in the scouting and our FO actually listens and acts on the things our coaches want. I have no doubt a guy like Baalke had a eye for talent but when your coaching staff wants a square peg and you give them a round one your might be able to fit it in but it will never be as good as if you had the square one. Our FO and coaching staff clearly has shown to be on the same page. You will always have misses and for how many high picks we have missed on its pretty insane how quickly they have turned this roster around.

We have gotten fortunate on some DPI calls tbh. We've been very handsy, but I think the Rams receivers are not using it to their advantage at all. I think if Reynolds even looks like he's trying to catch a pass (or looking for one) he probably gets a call there. 

Just now, Justone2 said:

Oh no doubt but i also have the feeling our coaching staff is heavily involved in the scouting and our FO actually listens and acts on the things our coaches want. I have no doubt a guy like Baalke had a eye for talent but when your coaching staff wants a square peg and you give them a round one your might be able to fit it in but it will never be as good as if you had the square one. Our FO and coaching staff clearly has shown to be on the same page. You will always have misses and for how many high picks we have missed on its pretty insane how quickly they have turned this roster around.

Definitely, Peters has even commented on that. He's said that he specific traits to look for from Shanahan and then he goes out and tries to find those players late in drafts or in free agency. 

You're not getting nothing over the top on Moore, not happening. 

I just freaking love this safety duo. Harris should have NEVER played over Moore after Tartt went down. 

Honestly feel it was one of those situations where they where so set on replacing someone one for one instead of getting the best players on the field.

Just now, Justone2 said:

Honestly feel it was one of those situations where they where so set on replacing someone one for one instead of getting the best players on the field.

Tell me about it, I've been so depressed at the disrespect Moore has received from the coaching staff. Embarrassing. 

5 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Pretty wild that our 1st and 2nd rounders in 2017-2018 were Thomas, Foster, McGlinchey, & Pettis. That's 3 busts and 1 average player

It helps when you get players like Kittle, Warner, Moore, etc in the later rounds of those drafts. And to a lesser extent, Bourne, Moseley, DJ Jones, James. 

Kentavius Street has also been playing better lately. 

2019 & 2020 drafts have been way better in talent acquisition.Also made some good bargain bin FA's (Verrett, Hyder, etc)

Edited by 49ersfan

Tell me about it, I've been so depressed at the disrespect Moore has received from the coaching staff. Embarrassing. 

Yeah its like they only focus on the things Moore doesn't have instead of finding a way to get him to do what he is really good at. First with putting him at Corner and then just not playing him unless Ward was out.