Week 12 GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pssh, beat Buffalo next week, Jimmy returns vs Washington and we run off a 10-6 or 9-7 season and make the playoffs...And then anything is possible!!!!!!

Cards with that damn hail mary against Buffalo is a killer. 

Yeah, I just said the same in Gen. Honestly with 7 teams we are still in the running if Jimmy comes back sooner rather than later. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep. Pieces (draft picks) will fall where they may and tanking doesn't equal successful picks. Win or lose we are probably picking in the middle of the round, it's not like we are in the Lawrence sweepstakes or we are giving up MG again 

Picking later mostly affects QB where if you have any smidge of a franchise QB you are going to be pushed up higher than pure talent(compared to others at the same position) would dictate. Other spots you have a drop off depending on the draft but in general you have to hit on the picks you have and a higher pick doesn't make a player better just gives you a better chance at grabbing the guy you want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mullens is just so so so maddening. Literally average QB play and this team is a threat. 

Missed some tough ones, and looked shaken at times. Considering how thoroughly Donald dominated our OL at times, I think he did alright. I think what we saw WAS an an average QB in Mullens today. Samuel made him look real good too, at times. 

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Picking later mostly affects QB where if you have any smidge of a franchise QB you are going to be pushed up higher than pure talent(compared to others at the same position) would dictate. Other spots you have a drop off depending on the draft but in general you have to hit on the picks you have and a higher pick doesn't make a player better just gives you a better chance at grabbing the guy you want.

If we miss the top 4, I'd guess cb in round 1 with Jones in round 2. And ultimately, that could work out way better than drafting Wilson in the first tbh. You just never know

3 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Missed some tough ones, and looked shaken at times. Considering how thoroughly Donald dominated our OL at times, I think he did alright. I think what we saw WAS an an average QB in Mullens today. Samuel made him look real good too, at times. 

I give Mullens credit for the last two drives for sure. But he is just pretty bad. Two dropped INTs helped him and he missed on Reed multiple times.

Whatever, we won and that's all that matters. Gotta get one against Buffalo now. 

Just now, Forge said:

If we miss the top 4, I'd guess cb in round 1 with Jones in round 2. And ultimately, that could work out way better than drafting Wilson in the first tbh. You just never know

Honestly depends on who we decide to keep and where the cap will land. As long as we don't start reaching for needs i am good. Anything not DT,WR,RB or LB i am down for with our first depending how the rest of the offseason goes. Usually start looking at the draft after the season finishes or around the senior bowl so no idea what this class looks like outside a few guys.

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

We're definitely out of range for Lawrence, probably out of range for Fields/Wilson barring a massive trade-up. I guess Trey Lance is the most realistic option, but even then we'd likely have to trade up. It might be more manageable though, something like a 1st/2nd and a future 1st (which is acceptable if you believe he's the QBOTF)

Of course, this is all spitballing here. Lots of things could happen. Maybe we get the 7 seed, maybe we lose every game here on out, etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, 49ersfan said:

We're definitely out of range for Lawrence, probably out of range for Fields/Wilson barring a massive trade-up. I guess Trey Lance is the most realistic option, but even then we'd likely have to trade up. It might be more manageable though, something like a 1st/2nd and a future 1st (which is acceptable if you believe he's the QBOTF)

Of course, this is all spitballing here. Lots of things could happen. Maybe we get the 7 seed, maybe we lose every game here on out, etc. 

Honestly way to early to predict what will happen with the QB's. Around this time usually they get pushed up the boards by fans and media and then around the bowl season and combine it settles more towards where guys will really go. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Real shame about Taylor. Assuming he's done for the year. Sucks. He was having a quality season. Had shut Kupp out today too. Pretty sure all kupps damage was against eman 

Kupp just basically had one catch on EMan. 

But we're still fine at corner. Sherm and Verrett are a top duo in the game. 

33 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I think it’s more like it could be Trask rather than Lance. They have us at 15 right now with the win.  

8 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I think it’s more like it could be Trask rather than Lance. They have us at 15 right now with the win.  

It depends on how much we like and want the QB. Honestly, picking 14-18 wouldn't hinder  us that much. You just have to be willing to pay. 

I'm honestly not sure who our best defender was today between Sherman, Ward, Givens and Hyder. I'll give the edge to Ward for not only the two forced fumbles, but his coverage was amazing as well.

The last two weeks we're really turning back to the defense of last season with not giving up any plays over the top. Of course some bad tackling angles and just bad tackling led to two big plays from the Rams in the 2nd half, but that was about it. 

Is Blair expected to return this season at some point?