Week 12 GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

@49ersfan I believe it was you that asked yesterday if Kinlaw was playing since he seemed pretty quiet in the first half. Well, he only played 21 snaps and it probably had to do with him not being able to practice all week due to Covid. Should be playing much more next week against the Bills. 

I'm very pleased with our interior DL yesterday. Kinlaw, Armstead, Givens, Street, Daniels, i think they all made plays. Looks like we're set there for the forseeable future. Guessing we wont bring back DJ Jones

On a personal note, it will be kind of cool having some games here in Arizona.  That stadium is like 5 minutes of freeway from me.  It takes longer to get out of my neighborhood.  lol

Not that I'm going to the games, but still cool to have them here.

30 minutes ago, Ataal said:

On a personal note, it will be kind of cool having some games here in Arizona.  That stadium is like 5 minutes of freeway from me.  It takes longer to get out of my neighborhood.  lol

Not that I'm going to the games, but still cool to have them here.

Don't sneak into the team hotel either! 

• Like 1

Robert Saleh was so creative this game. He had at times Johnson and Sherman playing FS while bringing Moore closer to the box on 3rd downs and Ward covering the slot. I don't know if it was just opponent dependent, but I'm interested in seeing how often he goes to these packages the rest of the season. Played a lot of man coverage which you need to do against the Rams and man our DBs had sticky coverage all game long. 

Love Moore, but he bit on a early PA that left Woods open for a 30 yarder and then he was a big reason Akers ran off the big run...Even contributed on the Kupp long gain. The problem he has is not just taking bad angles, but often times he is flat footed and he waits for the runner to come to him and when they make a move he can't recover. He needs to get on his toes and attack the runner instead of waiting for the runner to come to him. If he gets that figured out, he legit has potential to be a pro bowl safety. He just doesn't allow any passes to be completed over the top and he's a play maker. I expect him to come up with a INT very soon, and possibly against the Bills. 

I've been very impressed with how well this DL has played the run the last few weeks. I mean they allowed that one big run to Akers which hurt their numbers but these guys are getting after it and making a lot of plays around the LOS. Greenlaw was a force coming down hill all game long. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Robert Saleh was so creative this game. He had at times Johnson and Sherman playing FS while bringing Moore closer to the box on 3rd downs and Ward covering the slot. I don't know if it was just opponent dependent, but I'm interested in seeing how often he goes to these packages the rest of the season. Played a lot of man coverage which you need to do against the Rams and man our DBs had sticky coverage all game long. 

I only saw the Sherman centerfielder thing on one play, but I did make a mental note of it as well. 

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Love Moore, but he bit on a early PA that left Woods open for a 30 yarder and then he was a big reason Akers ran off the big run...Even contributed on the Kupp long gain. The problem he has is not just taking bad angles, but often times he is flat footed and he waits for the runner to come to him and when they make a move he can't recover. He needs to get on his toes and attack the runner instead of waiting for the runner to come to him. If he gets that figured out, he legit has potential to be a pro bowl safety. He just doesn't allow any passes to be completed over the top and he's a play maker. I expect him to come up with a INT very soon, and possibly against the Bills. 

Agree with this whole heartedly. I was actually thinking about this yesterday and that was my exact thought...he needs to attack. He's sitting back on his heels and is far too passive. The moment the offensive player gets to make that free first move, the defender is at such a disadvantage its basically over. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I only saw the Sherman centerfielder thing on one play, but I did make a mental note of it as well. 

I've only seen it one time so far but Johnson also was in at FS for one play. Sherman was even used in some blitz packages. Ward was the key to all this though. He was legit used all over the field. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agree with this whole heartedly. I was actually thinking about this yesterday and that was my exact thought...he needs to attack. He's sitting back on his heels and is far too passive. The moment the offensive player gets to make that free first move, the defender is at such a disadvantage its basically over. 

That is fixable but he needs to be coached up on that. Moore never has an issue when he is coming down hill and attacking. He only has trouble when he waits for the runner to come to him. 

His potential is crazy though. It's a shame that some of these issues probably can be fixed by just playing more, but the man has been sitting on the bench for the majority of the last two seasons. That's just a bad look on the coaching staff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've only seen it one time so far but Johnson also was in at FS for one play. Sherman was even used in some blitz packages. Ward was the key to all this though. He was legit used all over the field. 

That is fixable but he needs to be coached up on that. Moore never has an issue when he is coming down hill and attacking. He only has trouble when he waits for the runner to come to him. 

His potential is crazy though. It's a shame that some of these issues probably can be fixed by just playing more, but the man has been sitting on the bench for the majority of the last two seasons. That's just a bad look on the coaching staff. 

As much as people were wondering why we were never playing him...maybe this is why lol. I wouldn't at all be shocked if we offered a contract extension this off season. 3 years, nothing too long, but really "gambling" on the upside moving forward before he gets to put a ton of tape out there showing he's great. Give him a pretty good raise, but also us getting a steep discount if he turns out to be a really good safety 

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

As much as people were wondering why we were never playing him...maybe this is why lol. I wouldn't at all be shocked if we offered a contract extension this off season. 3 years, nothing too long, but really "gambling" on the upside moving forward before he gets to put a ton of tape out there showing he's great. Give him a pretty good raise, but also us getting a steep discount if he turns out to be a really good safety 

That's definitely possible, but you would rather play someone who is terrible in coverage and allows a bunch of plays over the top? The coaching staff completely over thought this. Play your best talent and go from there.

If you are Moore, do you take that extension or ride it out and see if you can start next year and get a bigger deal?