Ravens/Steelers postponed till Tuesday now

MikeT14

23 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

lmao bruh it's a global pandemic. stop acting like the team is doing a bad job because these players may have gone grocery shopping at the wrong time or something. it's still on the NFL, imo

Literally no reason for anyone in the team to ever go grocery shopping, you can have that stuff delivered now for very cheap.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Like who exactly? Postponing the game actually HELPS the Steelers in this game. More prep time for one. What’s more the Ravens have already had more positive tests... we would have had them regardless, but now we’ll likely be down additional players that would’ve otherwise played. Whereas what exact players would we have been getting back from injury this Sunday that we wouldn’t have got back on Thursday regardless?

I'm sorry but this is an absolutely terrible spin. You want to argue the Steelers are better off in the long run because of being protected by being safe from COVID, then sure. But any Ravens fan trying to pretend that the Ravens are not benefitting from this more than anyone else in this situation are absolutely lying to themselves.

Benefits from a Ravens viewpoint of this happening right now include an increase likelihood of the 16-team playoff scenario in which, as things stand, they are currently the last team in under that format. Additionally, it would arguably screw over the Chiefs or Steelers if one of those two were to get the #1 seed as they lose the post-season bye to play another game. If postponed until Week 18, the Ravens would likely get their injured and COVID players back on the active roster for that game whereas, to date,  all other teams had to play without them.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

This feels like deja vu from the Titans Covid thread.

It is funny to me how the Steelers players are complaining about spending Thanksgiving with their families after complaining about losing family time when the Titans game was canceled.

Ahh... Yes. I am sure that their plans for Thanksgiving were very easily shiftable, especially with the precautions being laid down by the governor. Seriously, the lazy arguments that people put out on this forum are getting ridiculous. I'm not even disagreeing with your general premise, but this is a lazy argument.

Edited by BlaqOptic

43 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

There’s a lot of stuff being thrown around by other Steeler fans that I wouldn’t defend, but the virtue grabbing needs to stop. 

The players are allowed to be angry. Full stop. You can be angry about the pandemic and how some things may affect you. Being angry about negative situation changes and not understanding the full scale of the pandemic are not exclusive of each other. 

But stop the “they don’t get it” narrative. You ever complain about a burger not being cooked well? Well, better get over it, there's kids starving all over the world. Ever send a drink back at a bar? How dare you! There’s thousands without clean, drinkable water.

Just imagine having had plans to see your parents - brother, sister, cousin, whoever - this Saturday and Sunday and then because of Susan at work gets Covid and half the office having to quarantine - you now have to work Friday and Saturday because it’s coming up at the end of the month and now you can’t go spend time with your family you haven’t seen in months. Your not allowed to be mad? You can’t get upset, but also understand the pandemic affects things? No, miss me with that. You don’t live your life that virtuous so stop selling that other people have to. 

I wonder why your posts keep getting ignored? No, I don't. It's clear why. Let's just virtue signal because being edgy and failing to offer any critical thought gets us football likes. I am immediately reminded why I don't speak about COVID at work or with friends when going through this thread.

Edited by BlaqOptic

21 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I wonder why your posts keep getting ignored? No, I don't. It's clear why. Let's just virtue signal because being edgy and failing to offer any critical thought gets us football likes. I am immediately reminded why I don't speak about COVID at work or with friends when going through this thread.

Most people shouldn't speak about Covid. You can talk about how it affects you or whatever but way too many "experts" throw their two cents in when they don't know what they are talking about. Hell, this is new, the real experts aren't even experts with it but you should trust the research that is available so far, much more than the opinions of people who feel one way or another.

I'm certainly no expert but I've had losses and have a spouse battling it right now so I can talk about how it affects me but I certainly shouldn't be trying to give advice to people about the pandemic as a whole, there are much more intelligent people with credentials giving it away for free and all we have to do is listen.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I'm sorry but this is an absolutely terrible spin. You want to argue the Steelers are better off in the long run because of being protected by being safe from COVID, then sure. But any Ravens fan trying to pretend that the Ravens are not benefitting from this more than anyone else in this situation are absolutely lying to themselves.

Benefits from a Ravens viewpoint of this happening right now include an increase likelihood of the 16-team playoff scenario in which, as things stand, they are currently the last team in under that format. Additionally, it would arguably screw over the Chiefs or Steelers if one of those two were to get the #1 seed as they lose the post-season bye to play another game. If postponed until Week 18, the Ravens would likely get their injured and COVID players back on the active roster for that game whereas, to date,  all other teams had to play without them.

That second paragraph of this being somehow beneficial to the Ravens is really stretching it IMO.

40 minutes ago, Xenos said:

That second paragraph of this being somehow beneficial to the Ravens is really stretching it IMO.

The idea that if the game is postponed the Ravens get guys back healthy and the NFL's already planned contingency would get enacted which would put the currently 8th seeded Ravens into the post-season  is "stretching it"... 😅

12 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

The idea that if the game is postponed the Ravens get guys back healthy and the NFL's already planned contingency would get enacted which would put the currently 8th seeded Ravens into the post-season  is "stretching it"... 😅

The guys we’d get back healthy are Calais Campbell and Brandon Williams 

*checks notes*

oh wait they tested positive so now can’t  play the next two games. Great planning by us and the NFL. 

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

The guys we’d get back healthy are Calais Campbell and Brandon Williams 

*checks notes*

oh wait they tested positive so now can’t  play the next two games. Great planning by us and the NFL. 

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just now learning that COVID would hold all those players out for *checks notes* 5 additional weeks if the game were moved to a Week 18 contest...

2 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

What are you even talking about? Are we not referring to this game? It’s the game you have your panties in a bunch about correct? The Steelers are able to get in more practice time while the Ravens aren’t practicing. Advantage Steelers.

As time goes by the Ravens will have more people test out of the game that may have been able to play otherwise. Advantage Steelers.

If the Ravens continue to have positive tests through until Sunday, its very possible that the NFL enforces the Ravens to forfeit this game, thus the Steelers would ultimately get that bye week they’ve been complaining about (or wait, practicing will probably mean they never got a bye week so they’ll still complain). Advantage Steelers.

In terms of all the other stuff, you’re talking about long term ramifications...  when we don’t even know the full extent of the short term ramifications. The Ravens had one of the easiest remaining SOS left in the NFL, finishing the season was to their benefit. So even if I took your weird assumptive narrative to heart, how would the Ravens being the 8th seed benefit them? Means they’ll likely have to go through BOTH the Steelers AND Chiefs, in order to get to the SB. Whereas finishing the season, there’s a strong enough chance that they could’ve ended up with the 5th/6th seed or so... which would’ve potentially allowed them a slightly “easier” path... depending on the opponent. But that’s assuming we travel down some weird hypothetical that we can’t be sure of.

But hey, lets assume the NFL shuts the season down. The Ravens could very easily be seeing two L’s back to back. They’ll be significantly depleted regardless and it’s possible they could even be further depleted. It’s all the teams own fault, I’ll add, but how would that benefit them in a race where the #9 seed is tied in record? None of what you’re saying makes sense.

But if the Steelers lose to a Ravens team that literally didn’t practice at all and is heavily depleted because they were more worried about complaining about how screwed they are by this and not focusing on their game plan, well that’s would be on them, not the NFL, nor the Ravens.

Edited by diamondbull424
Changed “likely” to “possible”, connotes slightly different. More accurate to what I meant while typing. Likely would mean almost guaranteed, whereas possible means, its within reason... which is where I was going with that.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

Literally no reason for anyone in the team to ever go grocery shopping, you can have that stuff delivered now for very cheap.

So delivery drivers can’t have covid either, I suppose? I mean they’re handling a bunch of groceries and touching a bunch of surfaces, more than the average shopper would. But I guess, you’re right, its a fool proof plan. 😂

6 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

So delivery drivers can’t have covid either, I suppose? I mean they’re handling a bunch of groceries and touching a bunch of surfaces, more than the average shopper would. But I guess, you’re right, its a fool proof plan. 😂

Surface transmission is virtually non-existent, as is transmission from food. Having an infected person drop groceries at your front door, then you picking them up and putting them in your fridge then washing your hands carries virtually a zero percent chance of transmission.