Ravens/Steelers postponed till Tuesday now

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Screw it. Let’s play and infect the Steelers. Seems that’s what their fans want. 

Well then the blame will shift to, “we only lost because Big Ben, TJ Watt, Cam Heyward, etc. etc were out because those Ravens infected us. They couldn’t get their situation under control and it ruined our perfect season.” Did I do that right? 😂

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Cleveland is getting hammered by covid, but there’s no hint of their game being postponed. I get that they’re playing Jacksonville.

What exactly is the criteria for postponing games?

Probably comes down to multiple cause ways and exposure patterns. For instance, when the team discovered that Ingram/Dobbins had it, lets say they trace their interactions in the team facility to include Brandon Williams (maybe they all work out together). That’s probably enough info for the NFL to feel comfortable in feeling as though, the exposures are under control and within reason, that should be it.

However in this situation, same as the Titans, the Ravens compliance was terrible. Just as the Titans had off facility practices/meetings or what have you, the Ravens staff member could have been exposing himself to different players on all sides of the ball for days? Perhaps a couple weeks? If you’re gathering that data, it’s not nearly as easy to feel as though you’ve identified the likely end to the strand, but rather like a tree has roots, this situation could splinter into many more directions. So now they feel its their duty to HAVE to monitor the situation to see where those roots are leading to and then hope they can best identify the end strand once positives stop rolling in.

The Browns having two tests is one thing, but if their’s no organizational compliance issues to be found, it wouldn’t make sense to push their game back, when they’re confident (enough) that the situation is “under control”. I don’t think this is a situation as simple as positive tests or even exposures. It’s more complex. It’s that the exposure patterns aren’t as easily traceable because of the compliance negligence found in this circumstance.

The Browns shouldn’t WANT to get their game postponed as I think that would be a sign that the NFL will levy significant penalty on their team for its non-compliance.

21 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

What are you even talking about? Are we not referring to this game? It’s the game you have your panties in a bunch about correct? The Steelers are able to get in more practice time while the Ravens aren’t practicing. Advantage Steelers.

As time goes by the Ravens will have more people test out of the game that may have been able to play otherwise. Advantage Steelers.

If the Ravens continue to have positive tests through until Sunday, its very likely that the NFL enforces the Ravens to forfeit this game, thus the Steelers would ultimately get that bye week they’ve been complaining about (or wait, practicing will probably mean they never got a bye week so they’ll still complain). Advantage Steelers.

In terms of all the other stuff, you’re talking about long term ramifications...  when we don’t even know the full extent of the short term ramifications. The Ravens had one of the easiest remaining SOS left in the NFL, finishing the season was to their benefit. So even if I took your weird assumptive narrative to heart, how would the Ravens being the 8th seed benefit them? Means they’ll likely have to go through BOTH the Steelers AND Chiefs, in order to get to the SB. Whereas finishing the season, there’s a strong enough chance that they could’ve ended up with the 5th/6th seed or so... which would’ve potentially allowed them a slightly “easier” path... depending on the opponent. But that’s assuming we travel down some weird hypothetical that we can’t be sure of.

But hey, lets assume the NFL shuts the season down. The Ravens could very easily be seeing two L’s back to back. They’ll be significantly depleted regardless and it’s possible they could even be further depleted. It’s all the teams own fault, I’ll add, but how would that benefit them in a race where the #9 seed is tied in record? None of what you’re saying makes sense.

But if the Steelers lose to a Ravens team that literally didn’t practice at all and is heavily depleted because they were more worried about complaining about how screwed they are by this and not focusing on their game plan, well that’s would be on them, not the NFL, nor the Ravens.

There is 0 chance the NFL enforces the Ravens to forfeit this game given they've literally already said they won't make teams forfeit but would add the first of two possible makeup weeks and create an additional playoff seed. It's almost as if in that entire rant you completely ignored that the NFL has taken a stance of not having teams forfeit games and not shutting down as a whole...

26 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Screw it. Let’s play and infect the Steelers. Seems that’s what their fans want. 

Nah, not at all. Literally two Steelers fans of the 7+ who have posted in here have made mention about a "need' to play today or Sunday. We're merely calling Ravens fans out on being completely disingenuous here trying to pretend as if the Ravens are the ones getting screwed here (solely from a footballing perspective).

Edited by BlaqOptic

12 minutes ago, pwny said:

Surface transmission is virtually non-existent, as is transmission from food. Having an infected person drop groceries at your front door, then you picking them up and putting them in your fridge then washing your hands carries virtually a zero percent chance of transmission. 

Would you be able to DM me a link indicating this? I'm only asking because I've seen no where saying this (granted I don't care enough to look) but this was a huge point of contention from a certain coworker during my forced quarantine from work the last two weeks.

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Nah, not at all. Literally two Steelers fans of the 7+ who have posted in here have made mention about a "need' to play today or Sunday. We're merely calling Ravens fans out on being completely disingenuous here trying to pretend as if the Ravens are the ones getting screwed here (solely from a footballing perspective).

From a solely football perspective, the Ravens are the ones that is screwed most by this.

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

From a solely football perspective, the Ravens are the ones that is screwed most by this.

Not sure how that can be. The Ravens are probably more likely to make the playoffs if they miss this week’s game (an almost certain L) and subsequently help push for an 8th playoff seed.

Just now, Xenos said:

In what way? Should the Ravens have any additional test all indications from past procedures from the NFL as well as their own statements are that the game would be moved. Given that both teams have already had their bye week, the only place it could be moved would be to the first of two possible additional weeks which the NFL has already planned as a contingency because of such an incident. This would result in them getting back any players who were ruled out due to COVID reasons as well as any player who was ruled out due to injury. It also increases their odds of making the post-season drastically given the NFL has said that if they add an additional week they will also add an additional 8th seed as the Ravens are currently on the outside looking in. Please tell me how they're being screwed should those protocols be followed and the game moved again?

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Surface transmission is virtually non-existent, as is transmission from food. Having an infected person drop groceries at your front door, then you picking them up and putting them in your fridge then washing your hands carries virtually a zero percent chance of transmission. 

Virtually non-existent doesn’t refute the point, that you could still get it. A delivery driver sneezing on their hand (not knowing their sick), driving to your location (forgetting that they sneezed because that’s their natural hygiene) and grabbing the plastic bag does have a chance of transmission. The chance of transmission in that scenario isn’t going to be so much greater than a person going to the grocery store themself with an N95 mask on and avoiding crowded areas. But that person might go to get groceries because they enjoy the social dynamic of seeing other people or just getting out of the house.

So acting as though NFL players should all be forced to do online grocery shopping (even if all the items they want aren’t available and offered) because they could get sick, is nonsensical. Would it be smart and the least likely way to reduce your chances or catching covid? Absolutely. But logical and sensical aren’t necessarily one and the same. It would also be logical to go and get your own groceries because its actually cheaper to do so and if protected, your chances of exposure are quite low. It’s an educated risk. But in a global pandemic, any decision is an educated risk. Going to the gas pump is an educated risk.

9 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Not sure how that can be. The Ravens are probably more likely to make the playoffs if they miss this week’s game (an almost certain L) and subsequently help push for an 8th playoff seed.

That’s assuming that that playoff scenario even happens. I’m also not talking about the potential long term ramifications. It’s about this game which solely from a football perspective, the Ravens are the most screwed and disadvantaged.

11 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

In what way? Should the Ravens have any additional test all indications from past procedures from the NFL as well as their own statements are that the game would be moved. Given that both teams have already had their bye week, the only place it could be moved would be to the first of two possible additional weeks which the NFL has already planned as a contingency because of such an incident. This would result in them getting back any players who were ruled out due to COVID reasons as well as any player who was ruled out due to injury. It also increases their odds of making the post-season drastically given the NFL has said that if they add an additional week they will also add an additional 8th seed as the Ravens are currently on the outside looking in. Please tell me how they're being screwed should those protocols be followed and the game moved again?

Once again, you’re talking about potential long term ramifications that may or may not happen. I’m referring to this upcoming game.

Yeah... People are kidding themselves if they think this game is being played on Sunday. I truly want to know what the discipline was for this coach internally from the Ravens. Getting to remain with the team would be a slap in the face to the players who otherwise have been doing the right thing.

23 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

There is 0 chance the NFL enforces the Ravens to forfeit this game given they've literally already said they won't make teams forfeit but would add the first of two possible makeup weeks and create an additional playoff seed. It's almost as if in that entire rant you completely ignored that the NFL has taken a stance of not having teams forfeit games and not shutting down as a whole...

Unless there’s been some new declaration that I missed. On the second page, third to last paragraph it states:

Protocol violations that result in virus spread requiring adjustments to the schedule or impacting other teams will result in additional financial and competitive discipline, the adjustment or loss of draft choices or even the forfeiture of a game.

This is something the NFL has actually come out and said. All the other talk about two additional weeks being added to the season has been speculation by unnamed sources of what the NFL could do. However since THAT speculation, we’ve since seen the NFL approve a plan for 8 playoff teams if the season were to be cut short. Thus it stands to reason that the NFL debated between extending the season to complete the season OR shortening the season with two additional playoff teams and the latter concept won out.

Either way, all we know for sure is that the NFL approved a covid scenario for 8 playoff teams and that they have also stated a team COULD be provided a forfeiture for a game. So if I’ve missed some additional information on this topic thats “official” (and not just speculation) then I’m definitely willing to be educated here.

30 minutes ago, Xenos said:

thursday screws both teams though, the short week is just wrong  no matter how people look at it.   Ravens are getting a raw deal with  a lack of practice , but if they win, maybe they talk the coaches into not practicing anymore :P

I am waiting for a staring QB that is high profile to get covid in the playoffs, what will the league do? 

• Like 2