Ravens/Steelers postponed till Tuesday now

MikeT14

As a fan of a team that went through this I totally understand how this feels.

Waking up wondering who is going to be next and when it will finally stop.

Even if the strength coach broke protocol ,I think compassion should still be shown. 

This is a pandemic And if you are a fan of another team and want to throw stones, be careful, it might be your squad next. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

As a fan of a team that went through this I totally understand how this feels.

Waking up wondering who is going to be next and when it will finally stop.

Even if the strength coach broke protocol ,I think compassion should still be shown. 

This is a pandemic And if you are a fan of another team and want to throw stones, be careful, it might be your squad next. 

I think it can be somewhere in between.  Compassion for the individuals; anger at the failure to follow rules and protocols.  I feel bad with all the individuals involved, but as an organization to not ensure everyone is wearing the tracking, wearing their masks, and allowing someone who feels ill to come in is all somewhat an issue that fans should have.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Sounds unlikely given the reports that they do expect more positives.

Yeah, if there’s more positives then you can't play it even on a Tuesday. 

If the game is moved to week 18 then that screwed Pittsburgh since there won't be any first round bye if they get the #1 seed. Even if the game is canceled you may get a 8 team playoff from each conference and no team gets a bye week. 

Obviously more importantly hopefully avery player testing positive fully recovers and there's no lingering effects. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I think it can be somewhere in between.  Compassion for the individuals; anger at the failure to follow rules and protocols.  I feel bad with all the individuals involved, but as an organization to not ensure everyone is wearing the tracking, wearing their masks, and allowing someone who feels ill to come in is all somewhat an issue that fans should have.

I get it.

Anger and disappointment is natural and I think understandable. 

But i think it just illustrates that no matter what you do, there is a crack in the system. All the players can do what they need and then a clerk or assistant coach can slip up.
or
A player slip up by not wearing their mask to the store one day. 

I won't blame an organization for the failure or one or even a few. 

All it takes is one moment. 

Now again, this situation sounds like it was a coach that was sick and then the team maybe didn't have the tracking. But even with that information I'd be careful before making angry conclusions.

A lot of the "facts" that came out about the Titans situation was not true at all or very skewed. 

I just implore people to keep in perspective. Yes it sucks a game is not played that you were looking forward to.

Worst case scenario, you don't play it. Most likely situation it is played at a later date.

The "fairness" of not playing it at the time schedule I feel should be eased, not thrown, but eased out the window onto a pillow because it is now irrelevant.  
If i was a coach, I'd say "play them today, Sunday, Wednesday or Friday, don't matter, we gonna strap up and be ready, because we are pros and we believe in our team and system of preparation."

22 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Nope. According to this thread there can be no critical thinking; have to be all in on the compassion train unless you're a player who complains because then you knew what you signed up for...

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But i think it just illustrates that no matter what you do, there is a crack in the system. All the players can do what they need and then a clerk or assistant coach can slip up.
or
A player slip up by not wearing their mask to the store one day. 

This wasn't a slip up of like walking in the door and leaving the mask in the car.  It's 3 modes of tracking and possibly containing an outbreak and all 3 were not performed.  Didn't say home when sick, didn't wear a mask, didn't wear his tracking device.

• Like 1