Ravens/Steelers postponed till Tuesday now

MikeT14

Just now, warfelg said:

This wasn't a slip up of like walking in the door and leaving the mask in the car.  It's 3 modes of tracking and possibly containing an outbreak and all 3 were not performed.  Didn't say home when sick, didn't wear a mask, didn't wear his tracking device.

As I said, even if that is the case, I still feel the same. 

Anger, frustration...cool.  

But changes nothing in the grand scheme of things unless the NFL enforces it's first forfeit. 

I guess it's hard for me to put in words, but not like the players said, Let me get this Rona real quick. 

With every situation of someone getting the virus there is going to be a situation like "They did what?"

Whether someone went to a friends house, store, dinner and didn't wear a mask, or in this situation came to work sick.
It's going to be a moment where the person infected made a decision that wasn't smart in the grand scheme of things.

Or maybe a person did everything right and still got it, but lucky it was contained like with just about every other team in the league. 
Maybe a person tested negative in the morning then positive in the afternoon. 

I guess it's just when it hits home,  you have more understanding and perspective about it. 

But I get if others want to be mad and demand a forfeit or action because they feel their team was wronged. 
I personally don't subscribe to that, knowing that this virus thing is crazy and doesn't always play be the rules..

Yes the protocols are designed to eliminate much of the risk, but they aren't air tight. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Out of curiosity, were there any reports of Titans players who tested positive prior to last Sundays game or any Titans players who have tested positive afterwards? I only ask because I think I heard in this thread there hasn't been any cases of transmission between teams from a game.

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I think I heard in this thread there hasn't been any cases of transmission between teams from a game.

That would just be speculation. 

To my knowledge that hasnt been an in game transmission reported but it's almost impossible to contact trace during a game while they play. It remains a strong possibility but hard to prove. 

9 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

Steelers were going to get a mini-bye out of this game and no longer will. So, yea, they get one day off with their families on a holiday. They'd probably prefer to play the prime time game and then have the extended stretch off.

What's really important is that those poor, down trodden Ravens don't have to play an away prime time game in Pittsburgh again. You know, one less thing for Harbaugh to cry about.

I eagerly wait to hear how it's no disadvantage for the Steelers when they postpone this to a week 18.

awkward lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

If it isn't played, the Ravens should forfeit. I hate to see that with the undefeated season on the line, but the NFL needs to take a stand with punishment.

Another option would be to try and push it to Tuesday, but I don't see that happening. Outside of those two, you'd have to move them to a week 18. Maybe try and figure out a way to push some other games down the line as well so everyone gets an additional bye.

If I had to guess, the NFL will have them play this week Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

If it isn't played, the Ravens should forfeit. I hate to see that with the undefeated season on the line, but the NFL needs to take a stand with punishment.

Another option would be to try and push it to Tuesday, but I don't see that happening. Outside of those two, you'd have to move them to a week 18. Maybe try and figure out a way to push some other games down the line as well so everyone gets an additional bye.

If I had to guess, the NFL will have them play this week Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday.

The problem with forfeiting is players don’t get payed if that occurs. Plus it’ll affect any player with incentives in their contracts.  Why the NFLPA agreed to that idk, but if you thought Steelers players were upset now...

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

The problem with forfeiting is players don’t get payed if that occurs. Plus it’ll affect any player with incentives in their contracts.  Why the NFLPA agreed to that idk, but if you thought Steelers players were upset now...

Also the NFL and owners lose $$$ too