Ravens/Steelers postponed till Tuesday now

MikeT14

Just now, -Hope- said:

the obvious example is the raiders. for all the chaos they've had this year and discipline they've faced, there hasn't been an actual outbreak in their facility and they haven't had to reschedule any of their games (aside from a precautionary measure where their game against the bucs was taken out of the sunday night slot, but still ended up being played that sunday because the raiders' quarantined players tested negative). lots of players have been put on their covid list as close contacts but their positive tests have largely been isolated- nothing like what happened with the titans or even what's happened with the ravens this week in terms of actual positive test numbers.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Raiders have player(s) who violated tracking procedures which lead to their initial concern of having to isolate players for close contact status which lead to their initial round of issues? Wouldn't that, in and of itself, count as a bigger blunder than most teams who haven't either had that issues or - worse - not reported it?

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Raiders have player(s) who violated tracking procedures which lead to their initial concern of having to isolate players for close contact status which lead to their initial round of issues? Wouldn't that, in and of itself, count as a bigger blunder than most teams who haven't either had that issues or - worse - not reported it?

...yeah. that's my entire point. they had all those issues and still have had fewer actual positive tests than the likes of the titans and ravens. that's exactly the scenario i was talking about.

19 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

...yeah. that's my entire point. they had all those issues and still have had fewer actual positive tests than the likes of the titans and ravens. that's exactly the scenario i was talking about.

Alright, now I get what you're throwin down and understand.

You know, in my humble opinion, the Ravens can go to hell.

There are still no cases tied to in-game transmission. So spare me the story about how this protects the Steelers. Outside the RB's, the Ravens haven't lost anyone for this game they  weren't already going to be without.

Ravens should definitely be penalized for this incident considering the S&C coaches blunder. Max team fine available and take away at least a 5th round pick. Such a blunder is absolutely unacceptable, especially considering the Marlon Humphrey outbreak should’ve placed the team and its staff on high alert for this... If we had a 3rd available I’d recommend that. I’d be down if they snatched our 2022 3rd round pick though.

A message should be sent to the organization over this nonsense.

Having said that though, Steelers whining over this is quite annoying. I don’t recall these same complaints after their 2008 squad beat the Ravens in the AFCCG... after they hadn’t had a bye week all season and had even less notice that their bye week was being moved than Steelers players. Big whoop. No bye week. Did it ever occur to Steelers fans that perhaps not having a bye week is actually a positive in a covid season? Less time for idiots to get around family and friends and potentially be exposed to the virus. Bye weeks and colder months were always going to present the NFL with its biggest issues with covid and so far we’ve definitely seen an uptick since the bye weeks came along in the season.

But in terms of the Ravens and their culpability, we’ll see what the punishment ends up being, but if its just what the Raiders got, its definitely far less than I would have done. This impacts a high revenue Thanksgiving primetime game. I’d fine the organization $1m, fine Harbaugh 75k for the error in his staff, and fire the S&C staff member who did this. Whoever the person is new the seriousness of these rules and how it could hurt the team, yet they continued with non-compliance. I’d fire them and the NFL should suspend them for a season. In addition to a 4th/5th round pick in the draft.

32 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

You know, in my humble opinion, the Ravens can go to hell.

There are still no cases tied to in-game transmission. So spare me the story about how this protects the Steelers. Outside the RB's, the Ravens haven't lost anyone for this game they  weren't already going to be without.

Um... Calais Campbell and Brandon Williams were getting close last week, their was a chance they played this game. Pernell McPhee is a starter most weeks and consistently plays about 50-60% of defensive snaps.

Patrick Mekari, our starting center, is a positive case and will be down. Matt Skura the backup will be down. That’s just the players that we KNOW. Also the backup center portion isn’t even something accurate. Skura very well might have recovered this week enough to snap... in which case its our starting center and starting RG.

What’s more, there’s also no way to know who else is infected. You’re also ASSUMING there are no cases tied to in-game transmission. How do we know that Ingram didn’t get Covid and then pass it along to Dobbins who was sharing the same football? How do we not know that Mekari who was snapping said ball wasn’t spreading it to Ingram?

Thus if it spreads amongst the team in such a way, how do we not know that if the Steelers cause a turnover and take it to the house... that said player also wouldn’t be infected. Said player practices for multiple days and exposes your other players... and the Steelers are then faced with a serious covid outbreak.

Edited by diamondbull424

9 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I hear that people are saying that it was inconsistent with the Packers-49ers decision. That was 1 positive and no other positives that week. The Ravens are up to 7 players positive and more staff testing positive every day since Sunday. If the Ravens just had the 2 on Sunday and no new positives after that, they would have played the game like they did the 49ers.

This delay is not about buying time for the players to clear the protocol and come back. It's waiting for new positives coming on. It's very possible there may be more people out by Sunday.

These are my thoughts as well, as a niners fan, although I am certain the majority of niners fans would not agree with me. 

The reality is, with more positives everyday, they NFL didn't have a choice 

• Like 1

The players and coaches should be able to sue the league for royally sh1tting the bed in regards to Covid.

The NFL looks for every reason to steal money from players.    Why the **** are they never held accountable?   

Im not happy the game is being moved, but Im not blaming the Ravens....just like I didn't blame the Titans.    I blame that POS Goodell and his merry band of mental midgets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 43M said:

The players and coaches should be able to sue the league for royally sh1tting the bed in regards to Covid.

The NFL looks for every reason to steal money from players.    Why the **** are they never held accountable?   

Im not happy the game is being moved, but Im not blaming the Ravens....just like I didn't blame the Titans.    I blame that POS Goodell and his merry band of mental midgets.

wtf are you even talking about 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

^ FYI for those comparing this situation to others. Those players are NOT coming back by Sunday or even next week. 

Starting center, backup center, starting running back, backup running back... yea, there is no case to be made that Lamar shouldn't be considered a close contact.

As I understand it, only Brandon Williams would be eligible to come back on Sunday.  The only contact trace added to the list on Monday.  Any positive cases are out for 10 days from the positive test.

Edited by jebrick

20 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

moved this back but couldn't move the niners/packers back 3 days or 4 days smh 

This is the right call, but the NFL is so inconsistent 

The Raiders game against the Buccaneers actually got moved forward with our entire OL not practicing all week, different rules for different teams as usual............ 

(I appreciate there is a difference between actual positive tests and close contact but consistency is all we ask) 

• Like 1

So a second time this year our team is having their schedule altered at the last second because another team is having issues following a rule and some people are struggling to understand why players and fans are a little ticked?  Seriously? The biggest issue I have with the moving of schedule from a Steelers fan standpoint is that there are players out with injury that won't be by the time we actually play, so in a way the Ravens might benefit from having the game rescheduled.