How about a Football's Future POKER TOURNAMENT?

Uncle Buck

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Her name is Shana Hiatt.  She was the original spokesmodel for the World Poker Tour back when it came on tv about 15 years ago.

Whats taking you so long to set this up homie? With free games you could probably run one every couple days. 

Might want to set up a discord for us all as well. I am itching to kick @Malfatron's arse. 

@Beavis @ET80 @Fresh Prince @TheKillerNacho @Ty21 @swoosh @bigbadbuff @Pickle Rick @kingseanjohn @Matts4313 @Malfatron @The Orca @Outpost31 @TENINCH

OK everybody, sorry for the delay in getting things started.  The people above are the ones so far who have shown interest.  (Actually TENINCH has only shown interest in the girl in my signature, but I'm going to add him and hope we can rope him into playing too.  Hahaha). 

At this point, I was thought I would start the proceedings with a game tomorrow night (Saturday, December 4th) and another one next Wednesday, (December 9th).  We probably have people in a number of different time zones, so how about if we go for a start times of 3:00 PM Eastern Time for the Saturday game and 8:00 PM Eastern Time for the Wednesday game?  We can use these first two games as experimental games to see what could be changed to make the games better for everyone as much as possible. 

What I've been thinking might be fun, is to actually create a league, where we assign points for where each player places over a set number of games.  After 10 games, we could declare a league winner. 

If you guys are up for playing tomorrow night, just let me know.  If this isn't enough notice, I understand.  If it doesn't work, we can start with the first game on Wednesday and then go for the second one next Saturday. 

Where we will be playing:

Place:  Pokerstars.net
Date:  Saturday, December 5th
Time:  3:00 PM Eastern Time
Club Name*:  3710507
Password:  Super_Royal_Flush_Bowl

* The club name will eventually be "Football's Football Poker Club", but they said it may take 5 business days to get that approved, so in the meantime, just enter the number 3710507 in the club name box.

You have to sign up through your Pokerstars account, but it looks like it will let you enter the name you want to go by at the table.  I thought it would be nice if everyone could just use their Football's Future Screen Name
so we know who we are talking to.

When you log onto your Pokerstars account, just click on the "Home Games" icon on the tool bar on the right side of your screen.  I have set up the first tournament for Saturday afternoon at 3:00 PM Eastern Time.  

Entry for the tournament will cost 20,000 play money chips.  One thing to remember is that if you are out of play money chips at Pokerstars, you can just click on the "Free Chips" button in the top right corner of the lobby next to your avatar.  They want to sell you play money chips, so you can buy them if you want to do it that way.  Otherwise, you can just click on the "Free Chips" button and that will give you 15,000 free chips.  You can click the button every 4 hours for another 15,000 chips.  Just an FYI for people who are starting up a new account. 

Good luck, and I hope to see you all there!  If you can't make it, we will be doing another one next Wednesday night, and then set up a regular schedule thereafter.

• Like 2

@Beavis @ET80 @Fresh Prince @TheKillerNacho @Ty21 @swoosh @bigbadbuff @Pickle Rick @kingseanjohn @Matts4313 @Malfatron @The Orca @Outpost31 @TENINCH

It looks like the Saturday game tomorrow isn't really going to work for anybody, so I think I'll just cancel that one and we can start up on Wednesday.  PokerStars is currently having some technical issues anyway, so it might not even be able to take place tomorrow for that reason.  I've been a member of PokerStars for many years and they are usually very reliable.  Maybe it's just a sign for us to wait until Wednesday.  :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

It looks like the Saturday game tomorrow isn't really going to work for anybody, so I think I'll just cancel that one and we can start up on Wednesday.  PokerStars is currently having some technical issues anyway, so it might not even be able to take place tomorrow for that reason.  I've been a member of PokerStars for many years and they are usually very reliable.  Maybe it's just a sign for us to wait until Wednesday.  :)

We could just hop on zoom with our own cards. I promise I won’t give myself a royal flush every time 

• Like 1

Here is the information for tomorrow's game.

Club ID: 3710507
Tourney ID: 3068674576
Date: 2020/12/09 19:00 CT
Game Type: Hold'em
Betting Structure: NL
Buy-in: Play Money 20000
Tourney Structure: 2RnoA (2 Rebuys, no Add-ons)
Payout Structure: Top 20%

NOTE:  When I set up the game, PokerStars sent me an email with the information above.  It said that all club members will be sent the same email, so you might want to join the club.  You might actually need to join the club to play.  I've never set one of these up before, so I'm not sure.  The club name is currently just a number (3719507), but they said it will be changed to "Football's Future Poker Club" in the next week.

I will plan to be online a little early to help people get signed in.  If you have any problems, maybe just PM me here at Football's Future and I'll guide you in getting you in.  Otherwise, I'll look forward to seeing as many of you as possible - GOOD LUCK!!!!!   :D

• Like 1