JJ Watt Out for Season with Tibial Plateau Fracture

incognito_man

Ouch.

First published article I found on this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23118120

CONCLUSION:

The majority of patients could not return to their previous level of activity, and for patients playing competitive sports, this injury can be a career ender.

Edit: Source was live interview on SNF. Out for season per NFL.com headline

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Oh no.

If he can't come back from this it's a legitimate tragedy for the NFL. Dude was, without hyperbole, the best defensive player I've ever seen.

who knows the severity, but dez bryant came back from this in a pretty short amount of time. Not sure where it being a career ender started but it isnt true.

8 minutes ago, Starless said:

Oh no.

If he can't come back from this it's a legitimate tragedy for the NFL. Dude was, without hyperbole, the best defensive player I've ever seen.

Wow, really had the chance to be the modern day Reggie White. 

Meh it sucks but he should be fine for next season. At least it's not a re-aggravated back injury cause that would probably be a career killer.

There's no replacing him though, the NFL is at it's best when it's franchise players are playing.

This sucks. Not only as a football fan but he is a legitimately good dude from what I’ve seen. Hope the best, the guy could’ve been one of the GOATs. Still can be, just gotta stay healthy. Prove me right, JJ! 

This honestly is beginning to unravel as a tragic sports story... He's going to be this era's Bo Jackson. I pray I'm wrong, but 2 missed seasons in a row for equally serious, unrelated, injuries? Just not fair. It's like he shined too bright as a star for his own good and burned out.

and I know he's already probably a HOFer and had a lot more times to produce than Bo, but we were looking at a career that could have been so much more than just a HOFer. It very well could have been the greatest career ever, at least for a defender. Heading into 2016 he was a 27 year old coming off his 3rd DPOY.

Archived