JJ Watt Out for Season with Tibial Plateau Fracture

incognito_man

39 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This honestly is beginning to unravel as a tragic sports story... He's going to be this era's Bo Jackson. I pray I'm wrong, but 2 missed seasons in a row for equally serious, unrelated, injuries? Just not fair. It's like he shined too bright as a star for his own good and burned out.

and I know he's already probably a HOFer and had a lot more times to produce than Bo, but we were looking at a career that could have been so much more than just a HOFer. It very well could have been the greatest career ever, at least for a defender. Heading into 2016 he was a 27 year old coming off his 3rd DPOY.

He's much more than Bo ever was.

4 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

That and Roids.

Yawn.  The roids (and really, fault him for getting caught for them, a solid 1/3 of the league uses PED's) weren't what did Merriman in as much as his own stubbornness (insisting on trying to heal the injury via rehab and avoiding the surgery which was recommended by the first and second opinions because he was hunting a massive 2nd-contract and ended up being more susceptible to the Achilles rupture that ultimately sapped all his explosiveness) and a dirty hit from Kevin Mawae (which caused the initial knee injury) did.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Ouch, NFL.com is saying he's out for season. That's gotta be an awful sign...

Looks like they're opting for surgery - might be the smarter long term move vs letting it heal on its own.

Just hoping - HOPING - Whitney Mercilius didn't tear his pec. That would be cruel to lose both in a single drive.

Edit - torn pec for Mercilius. Done for year, per Aaron Wilson.

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Looks like they're opting for surgery - might be the smarter long term move vs letting it heal on its own.

Just hoping - HOPING - Whitney Mercilius didn't tear his pec. That would be cruel to lose both in a single drive.

Edit - torn pec for Mercilius. Done for year, per Aaron Wilson.

gross, man.

I'm assuming it's not a hairline fracture for JJ then?

But man, if there's a guy you can trust to rehab right in the entire world, I think I pick JJ over anyone else.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

gross, man.

I'm assuming it's not a hairline fracture for JJ then?

But man, if there's a guy you can trust to rehab right in the entire world, I think I pick JJ over anyone else.

Don't think so - pretty sure there's a lot of damage in that leg. There's probably additional damage that needs to be tended to (meniscus, IT bands, LCL, etc).

Not a good injury at all. I know Watt has the work ethic to get back to the field next season, but I'm wondering what kind of player he's going to be upon return.

On the plus side, he's not rehabbing alone:

The couple that rehabs together, stays together... right?

50 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Yawn.  The roids (and really, fault him for getting caught for them, a solid 1/3 of the league uses PED's) weren't what did Merriman in as much as his own stubbornness (insisting on trying to heal the injury via rehab and avoiding the surgery which was recommended by the first and second opinions because he was hunting a massive 2nd-contract and ended up being more susceptible to the Achilles rupture that ultimately sapped all his explosiveness) and a dirty hit from Kevin Mawae (which caused the initial knee injury) did.

c8_TUww_N.gif

Didn't they have 1 or 2 other LBs that got caught too?

This is a major blow to the entire NFL game. A player like this only comes around once in a blue moon. This is too bad.

On the bright side, he'll have the absolute best rehab available and will be with the trainers constantly, so I feel good about his chances to return at a high level.

JJ will be back, and back strong!! 

Very sad to see. I got the notification from bleacher report and it seemed emotional with J.J. Watt devastated with his injury, he said "I'm very sad to not play I just want to be out there and play for my city, I'm sorry." It seems like the hurricane has some effect in why he is so sad, or it's because he's out for another season and his contract could go down. J.J. Watt is still a legend in my book probably a first ballot he just needs to try and stay healthy out their but knowing J.J. He probably won't quit until he gives out and won't let injuries stop him, and that's a problem because if he pushes himself to hard and injures himself severely and ruin his career or cripple himself.

Best luck on recovery Watt hoping to see you best as ever next season, on the chargers 

Archived