JJ Watt Out for Season with Tibial Plateau Fracture

incognito_man

Wait, didn't Steve Smith break his leg in 2004 and come back? I remember Bryant Young did in 1998, and came back afterward too in 1999 with 11 sacks. Played until 2007 at the age of 35 as a pretty good player. Of course, BY was never as good as Watt was. 

My money is on Watt coming back strong though. 28 ain't old. 

7 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Terrible news. I feel bad for him. Such an amazing talent. Hiss loss is a blow to all football fans.

It's not really a loss for fans of teams who compete with Houston for a playoff spot. 

I get that the league is better with its stars playing and I don't wish injury on any player. However, if I were a Jags fan (for example), I'd be pleased that my team has an easier road to the division title. I can't imagine any Titans fans feeling like this is a loss to them either. 

11 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Wait, didn't Steve Smith break his leg in 2004 and come back? I remember Bryant Young did in 1998, and came back afterward too in 1999 with 11 sacks. Played until 2007 at the age of 35 as a pretty good player. Of course, BY was never as good as Watt was. 

My money is on Watt coming back strong though. 28 ain't old. 

Depends where in the bone the break is and how severe the fracture is. A hairline tibia fracture is different from a broken femur. 

This particular injury can be a career altering one or a fairly minor one depending on the severity

I hope he heals and we get a chance to see one of the best defenders to come into the league in the last 10 years finish out a stellar career. 

If this is the end for JJ Watt, does he make the HOF? 

53 minutes ago, The LBC said:

No.  Not sure where you're getting that from or are you just making crap up to justify continuing a poor and tired narrative?

I think it was Stephen Cooper. My brother is a Chargers fan, so I constantly peg him with the Merriman and roid references. Cooper tested positive for Ephedra in 08. Oh and Luis Castillo who did it before the draft.

Stay chill tho. I get that its pretty common with players using PEDs, but with certain players its the only legacy they had. Much like Merriman and his off the field stuff too.

Awful. just awful news for JJ and the Texans.

Almost reminds me a little of Gronk and his situations.. best player at their respective positions, and always seem to keep getting hurt.

Hope he has a good recovery. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

you have to wonder about juice. 

I don't. He's a freak athlete at an enormous size who plays with a motor running at 1000%. Imo, it's just age telling his body that he can't do the things he did in his prime anymore.

If JJ was ever busted for juicing, I don't know of I could ever trust a human again. He's pretty much the epitome of a perfect NFL player, on and off the field.

58 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I don't. He's a freak athlete at an enormous size who plays with a motor running at 1000%. Imo, it's just age telling his body that he can't do the things he did in his prime anymore.

If JJ was ever busted for juicing, I don't know of I could ever trust a human again. He's pretty much the epitome of a perfect NFL player, on and off the field.

Lance armstrong was an all american guy. 

37 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Why? Roids don't equal broken bones. Or am I missing something?

People like to correlate with no real evidence. You could make the case for Brian Cushing - ligament damage all over the place before his 2nd positive. Watt doesn't really have that against him, but when in doubt - steroids. 

On the plus side, Watt had his surgery yesterday and they're stating no ligament or soft tissue damage - which is huge for overall recovery. Ultimately, the pressing issue is going to come down to pain management - full range of motion and strength should return, but that leg is going to hurt a lot, and probably go full arthritic soon. If Watt can push through the pain, we should see a return to some level of prominent play.

Archived