Trubisky to start vs GB

Pool

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Good. Foles is literally painful to watch. He is so unathletic and does everything they told us he doesn’t do.

I doubt the QB play gets much better, but at least it will be somewhat watchable.

I feel like people already forgot about how Mitch was missing 10 yard passes by 5+ yards in the first few games.  Kid's shoulder looked shot earlier in the year, and he hasn't done anything to actually get it fixed. Whether he had potential to be something or not, we likely RG3'd him (or Andrew Luck'd, for that fact)

It's actually my largest concern with trying to trade up for my QB target, Zach Wilson, given his frame, and injury/surgery history. Unless our line is completely overhauled with him coming in, the poor kid might die in the backfield, whether he's the "next Mahomes" or not.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Pool said:

This was a very tongue-in-cheek post. Apologies if I offended you. Another apology for misinterpreting what I believed to be just some friendly back and forth posting.

No offense taken. It was tongue in cheek back at you because all the Bears QBs stink. 

So the bears lied about the extent of Mitch’s injury a few weeks ago?  Was he even hurt in the first place?  How do you go from having structural damage to play a few weeks later?  Anyone else find this not believable? 

Personally I’m starting think the management made up the injury to shield Foles  poor play and more importantly Pace/Nagy’s poor poor decision making.  

2 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

So the bears lied about the extent of Mitch’s injury a few weeks ago?  Was he even hurt in the first place?  How do you go from having structural damage to play a few weeks later?  Anyone else find this not believable? 

Personally I’m starting think the management made up the injury to shield Foles  poor play and more importantly Pace/Nagy’s poor poor decision making.  

That might not necessarily be the case.  It depends on the extent of the damage.  There are guys who play every year across the NFL with pretty significant injuries that fans don't know about.  I use to work for a rehab center in Chicago that did a lot of IMEs for the NFL.  It would blow your mind to see just how much damage these guys take to their bodies.  

4 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

After the doctors in Chicago told Mitch he might need surgery, he went out to LA and got a second opinion.  The other doctors said he didn't need surgery, and Mitch hasn't practiced in about four weeks, so it's conceivable.  It's still possible that they are shielding Foles though and hiding from more negative press

17 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Good. Foles is literally painful to watch. He is so unathletic and does everything they told us he doesn’t do.

I doubt the QB play gets much better, but at least it will be somewhat watchable.

It's a prime time game. Versus the Packers. I'd be willing to bet Haywire Mitch shows up early, and often.

The QB play will get worse.

6 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

Foles has a pretty bad hip pointer. I don't think this is purely a healthy scratch kind of deal, although it doesn't make a lot of difference if it is. Just means it's another desperation move.

We're probably looking at a QB carousel now...and the good possibility of a death spiral by the Bears. 

43 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think I saw Coward is questionable and I know Leno is a gametime decision. They're in trouble.

Maybe they can just roll the sled out there as the OL. Probably offers more protection in the pass game and will open more holes in the running game. More consistent, too!

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I think I saw Coward is questionable and I know Leno is a gametime decision. They're in trouble.

Yeah but Coward was full practice the last three games, I think he'll be good to go.

If Leno can't go looks like it'll be Spriggs... fun stuff.