Rookie OTs - Thankful for Big Ticket!

rdelaney89

I had Thomas as my top guy for a while, but I LOVED Becton by December. I remember mentioning him and people assumed he was too slow or couldn't play LT on this level. I'm glad he's killing it. We really have a 21 year old franchise rookie LT leading in Pro-Bowl votes right now. On top of that, he speaks like a hungry leader that no one is going to try in the locker room. lol I still remember the confidence he had when talking about protecting his QB. More players with his mentality is exactly what we need. 

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

Me and @rickyt31 were on the Becton train from night one!!! 😎

Nice call. I was late on the Becton train. Managed to put him second on my list. But still not the same as those that were touting him from the beginning.

Same with those that were calling for Mims. I’m just as happy with him as I am with Becton. This draft class is looking nice.

Edited by SDotNova

10 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Nice call. I was late on the Becton train. Managed to put him second on my list. But still not the same as those that were touting him from the beginning.

Same with those that were calling for Mims. I’m just as happy with him as I am with Becton. This draft class is looking nice.

I think I mentioned it at the time but I really couldn’t think of a better first draft for us to go get a LT for the next decade than JD’s first time at the helm. His speciality was the o-line so in truth we should of had a leg up on everyone from the start. The results have proven that. 

It certainly is. And it’s encouraging moving forward. However I’m hopeful that we mix a perfect blend of building through the draft but also spending money wisely in FA. We are a NY based franchise so FA will always be a chance to steal a player or two away from other cities. 

21 hours ago, xenajets said:

Me and @rickyt31 were on the Becton train from night one!!! 😎

21 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

lol Good times. Time to find our next prospect to go to war for. 

*cough* BS *cough*

I remember questioning about big and heavy OL's efficient tenure in NFL. After the combine and finding out about body fat percentage, I began to welcome him.

I liked Andrew Thomas but UGA never coached up in technique term so I expected some struggle from him in rookie but a whopping 32 blown?  Jesus!

11 hours ago, JetsandI said:

*cough* BS *cough*

I remember questioning about big and heavy OL's efficient tenure in NFL. After the combine and finding out about body fat percentage, I began to welcome him.

I liked Andrew Thomas but UGA never coached up in technique term so I expected some struggle from him in rookie but a whopping 32 blown?  Jesus!

LMAO