SNES Games.

Beavis

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I've been on a retro gaming binge lately bought a SNES off Ebay.

I have Donkey Kong Country, Beavis & Butthead, Super Mario World, Street Fighter and Chess: Grandmaster edition.

Was wondering if any longtime gamers had any reccommendations for games I'm missing that are good would be appreciated.

Edited by Beavis

10 hours ago, Beavis said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I've been on a retro gaming binge lately bought a SNES off Ebay.

I have Donkey Kong Country, Beavis & Butthead, Super Mario World, Street Fighter and Chess: Grandmaster edition.

Was wondering if any longtime gamers had any reccommendations for games I'm missing that are good would be appreciated.

Legend of Zelda is a must

tecmo super bowl III

Sim City

On 11/26/2020 at 10:59 AM, Beavis said:

Legend of Zelda

Mega Man X

All the Square stuff (Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger)

Super Mario RPG

Super Punch Out

Legends of Gaia 

• Like 1

Honestly, instead of grabbing an snes off of eBay, you should have grabbed the snes classic(official nintendo one) off eBay. It runs about 100 bucks and normally comes with 21 games installed( though it can be modded very easily to hold every single snes game. It also has two controllers and hdmi output. I'd go as far as to recommend trying to get that then re-selling the snes console and equipment. The snes classic is also pretty small. Like the size of two snes carts taped together.

As far as must play games that are not already listed.. zombies at my neighbors is an awesome single player or co op game. Turtles is time is also terrific. Super Mario RPG was already listed but I want to reinforce it's awesomeness. Pilot wings is also a pretty solid, though short game. Killer instinct was an awesome 2d fighter. I'm sure I'll think of other games later.

• 4 months later...
On 11/26/2020 at 10:59 AM, Beavis said:

I used to have that game and loved it!  Sadly, my nephews absconded with my SNES and all the games and I never saw that game again.

Aside from the classics which have been mentioned several times....

Aladdin, Knights of the Round, Space Megaforce, Lost Vikings, Spider Man Maximum Carnage and Act Raiser.   

SNES is loaded with great games....many Ive never even played.     Best console ever IMO.