Gardner Minshew

Vladimir L

On 11/26/2020 at 10:25 PM, Vladimir L said:

Minshew is legit and better than Haskim

his rookie year was as good as mayfield

He’s a legit back up. He’s not taking any team to the playoffs based off his play alone, he’s not a top half of the league starter there’s no reason to give up draft capital for a player who really doesn’t improve our QB situation.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

While it’s not my favorite idea, at least Sam Darnold has untapped elite QB potential. He reminds me of Brett Favre from when Favre was stuck on the Falcons as a young QB.

Brett Favre was on the Falcons for a single season, played in just two games, and attempted 4 passes (didn't complete one). You make the argument no one had a clue who Brett Farve would become because he had barely had a chance to do anything in Atlanta.

Prior to today, Sam Darnold has started 33 games. He is 640-1073 (59.6%), 7131 yards (6.6 ypa), 39 TD, 36 INT, for a passer rating of 77.6. The league has had two and a half years to look at Darnold. He is a known commodity.

Yes, maybe he'll benefit from a change of scenery a la Ryan Tannehill, but do you really want Washington to give up something to acquire him in trade on the off chance he could benefit from said new location? Also, why do you think bringing him to this dumpster fire of a franchise would be the successful change of scenery Darnold needs?

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He just needs more development and better talent put around him.

Why do you think he'd get this here?

12 minutes ago, Woz said:

Brett Favre was on the Falcons for a single season, played in just two games, and attempted 4 passes (didn't complete one). You make the argument no one had a clue who Brett Farve would become because he had barely had a chance to do anything in Atlanta.

Prior to today, Sam Darnold has started 33 games. He is 640-1073 (59.6%), 7131 yards (6.6 ypa), 39 TD, 36 INT, for a passer rating of 77.6. The league has had two and a half years to look at Darnold. He is a known commodity.

Yes, maybe he'll benefit from a change of scenery a la Ryan Tannehill, but do you really want Washington to give up something to acquire him in trade on the off chance he could benefit from said new location? Also, why do you think bringing him to this dumpster fire of a franchise would be the successful change of scenery Darnold needs?

Why do you think he'd get this here?

Maybe he will maybe he won’t. As I said, it’s not my favorite idea but it’s a far better idea than trading for Gardner Minshew.

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe he will maybe he won’t. As I said, it’s not my favorite idea but it’s a far better idea than trading for Gardner Minshew.

Well, okay. The firing squad is also preferable to being drawn & quartered. Neither is what I would call a good outcome, though.

Edited by Woz
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Doing both aren't very good ideas, and they are the kind of ideas that organizations without an established identity and direction would make.  

Which means it is the perfect move for us to make, so yeah, there's that too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Doing both aren't very good ideas, and they are the kind of ideas that organizations without an established identity and direction would make.  

Which means it is the perfect move for us to make, so yeah, there's that too. 

For me it depends on the draft choice they’d give up, it’s not going to happen but Darnold could still have a bright future ahead of him in the NFL on a better team with better talent around him. I could see him 2 years from now being the next Ryan Tanehill if, Darnold goes to the right situation.