TRADE PROPOSALS

Slick Sophistication

I Know we need offensive line.  I think we could get JJ Watt for Akiem Hicks and Robert  Quinn . What do you think I don't post a lot but I love my fellow bear fans. I also would cut Bobby Massie and Charles Leno Jr. I think Cody Whitehair and James Daniels try to over compensate for the other 3 lineman they have which are Garbage. I think Spriggs will audition for Left tackle if Leno doesn't play. If we fire pace I would Love the Alex SMITH Harbaugh tandem with Quarterback learning.  Which give Leverage to focus strictly on the o line.

The problem with trading Quinn would be that we still owe him so much due to his guarantees. They cut him next offseason then they will still owe him almost $24 mil. Plus JJ will want to still be paid a premium so that can't happen.

Losing Hicks frees up $10 mil, cutting Leno and Massie are both needed (I'd trade them for 7th rounders if anyone would take them, but they will likely get signed cheap in FA. Graham needs kicked to the curb to save the $7 mil we get by doing so.

My concern is actually that Fuller refuses to rework and extend his deal in a power move, due to being frustrated about the constantly inept offense. Reworking his deal will be a top priority IMO.

Edited by Sugashane

On 11/27/2020 at 9:35 AM, Slick Sophistication said:

If we fire pace I would Love the Alex SMITH Harbaugh tandem with Quarterback learning.  Which give Leverage to focus strictly on the o line.

The only way I'd put up with Harbaugh as HC is if the Bears didn't have a lot of other good options. He ran a college offense in SF, and went whining to the league office about Kaepernick getting hit all the time. When the league office told him where he could stick his ridiculous complaints, it was back to the NCAA for Harbaugh, and Kaepernick hasn't played since. (And since I don't want to waste time here debating the controversy surrounding Kaepernick, I'd just like to point out that if Kaepernick was actually really good, there would be no controversy surrounding him.)

Obviously, as a Bears fan, my preference for how this season ends is a complete rebound by the team, and they do have enough talent that certainly is a possibility.

As things stand now, I wouldn't rate that possibility as a very high one. 

Too many things have gone wrong too quickly, and as long time football fans we've all seen this story before. What began as a season full of possibilities is headed into near certain disaster. The best case scenario for the team is if ownership realizes that there is still a lot of potential with the core of this Bears team and goes with more of a reload, rather than a rebuild.

Obviously that scenario would probably still involve a trade up for a quarterback, but as the 2020 win total will most likely be low, that trade up won't be as costly as I, and many others, feared it would be (just as @beardown3231 predicted). As to other trades, hopefully the next GM and coach prefer the 4-3 defense as the season long loss of Goldman pretty clearly demonstrates the biggest weakness of the 3-4. In that scenario, trading Hicks and Goldman becomes a must. (By the way folks, trading Quinn would be a very bad move, regardless of circumstances.) Johnson has been playing well, and Jackson is still young and just coming into his new contract...therefore I'd keep Skrine as the nickel back and trade Fuller--because of the cap situation. 

The Bears would likely be able to get a nice haul in return for ARob, but I think he's simply too good and too important to the team to trade him. In fact, I think a pretty good argument could be made that he's one of the few untouchables on the team. Pay him, get his head back into the game, keep him. I'd trade Cohen in a crackhead heartbeat, though. If someone is willing to give us a first for Whitehair, you simply have to do that, too. Leno and Massie obviously have to go, but I don't think anyone would be dumb enough to trade for either one. 

If the Bears go with a total rebuild, then trading Mack becomes absolute priority number one, regardless of the cap hit. 

Robinson, Mack, Hicks, A. Miller, Goldman, and Fuller can all be on the block. 

Fuller is the only one of those that I'd be inclined to keep unless the offer was very good. 

Robinson I think wants to leave regardless. 

Mack is simply worth the most. 

Hicks won't last a rebuild, and still has value

Goldman is good, but this is also a spot where the defense can trim $. McCullers seems fine. 

That leaves A. Miller. I'm not going to sugar coat this... The kid has been a liability for an offense that can ill afford liabilities. He can, however, get open consistently, and might be worth something on that merit alone. My concern here is that I see the potential in the kid, and I think much of his struggles are scheme fit related...which might favor keeping him around for the rebuild. That said, I've also seen him have constant miscommunication with qbs where it appears he's running the wrong routes, seen him completely half effort blocking, seen him drop numerous passes, and generally be unreliable enough to almost want him cut outright...and perhaps he's a player where if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now, and constantly chasing but not living up to his potential is just who he is. 

47 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Fuller is the only one of those that I'd be inclined to keep unless the offer was very good. 

I LOVE the idea of a 4-3 with Mack and Quinn as the ends. However, if the rebuild is going to be extensive, then Mack should go and Fuller should stay.

47 minutes ago, Epyon said:

That leaves A. Miller. I'm not going to sugar coat this... The kid has been a liability for an offense that can ill afford liabilities. He can, however, get open consistently, and might be worth something on that merit alone. My concern here is that I see the potential in the kid, and I think much of his struggles are scheme fit related...which might favor keeping him around for the rebuild. That said, I've also seen him have constant miscommunication with qbs where it appears he's running the wrong routes, seen him completely half effort blocking, seen him drop numerous passes, and generally be unreliable enough to almost want him cut outright...and perhaps he's a player where if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now, and constantly chasing but not living up to his potential is just who he is. 

Miller has gotten worse (mindset and effort) with each season he's been on the roster. Which suggests to me that there is something really wrong with how the staff is handling that kid. Now, that doesn't mean he's necessarily a keeper, but if you could give him a fresh start at a reasonable salary...it would be something to seriously consider. 

• Like 1