Week 12 - Rams vs 49ers

RamRod

Sorry. Late getting up a thread.

We've lost three straight to the 49ers so I'm eager to beat them again. They've had a lot of injuries but Shanahan and a division opponent shouldn't be taken lightly.  Regardless I feel good about getting a win. 

These last two wins have got me feeling optimistic. We're looking like an 11 win team.

• Like 1

I got the Rams winning 30-17. The only reason I have the Niners scoring 17pts is out of respect for Kyle ability to muster up some offense even with 2nd and 3rd stringers. I still think the Rams win by double digits though and Goff makes up for his bad game in the first meeting where he was missing easy throws. The defense will get after Mullens for most of this game. I expect Donald to get back on track with getting a sack or two and frustrate Mullens. 

Ill point this out too the Saints have to travel to Denver with still an unproven QB in Hill. That could be a tricky game for them in that high altitude in Denver. The Rams could very well be tied for the top seed in the NFC by the end of the night. 

Everything points to us winning this game but, the 9ers seem to be a problem for this team lately. I'm concerned about who will play mlb now that kiser is out. Granted, hes not amazing but i know what I'm getting from him. Hopeful this team keeps rolling and we get that W tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Car_Ramrod said:

Everything points to us winning this game but, the 9ers seem to be a problem for this team lately. I'm concerned about who will play mlb now that kiser is out. Granted, hes not amazing but i know what I'm getting from him. Hopeful this team keeps rolling and we get that W tomorrow.

He’s out for 3 weeks or so, and Lewis is also out this week. Hopefully Obo can play and fill in for Lewis, but we need someone to step up for Kiser. Last time I believe Reeder filled in and had a 3 sack game. Wouldn’t mind that again even though outside of those 3 sacks it didn’t look good. 

4 hours ago, MDY10 said:

He’s out for 3 weeks or so, and Lewis is also out this week. Hopefully Obo can play and fill in for Lewis, but we need someone to step up for Kiser. Last time I believe Reeder filled in and had a 3 sack game. Wouldn’t mind that again even though outside of those 3 sacks it didn’t look good. 

Reeder should help against the run. But he should be no where near Kittle 

4 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Reeder was a nightmare outside of those three sacks...I haven’t seen a Rams player be good and so bad all in the same game.

Lewis being out really hurts. This defense had a different feel when he stepped in for Obo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RamRod said:

49ers getting a bunch of guys back just in time.

How is Williams back? I thought he just tested positive for COVID a few days ago?

19 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Reeder should help against the run. But he should be no where near Kittle 

Kittle is injured. I kind of hope Hollins can play inside. Reeder limits us big time.

14 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

How does us winning benefit you? Other than draft status 

Just Draft status. 

And I know that you guys all directly impact the game results, so I'm holding you guys responsible if we win. 

I mean, not really. I don't much care about winning or losing. On the surface it's better long term to lose, but the draft is a crapshoot and it could easily not mean anything and it's hard to get upset about your team winning a game (unless you're the jets this year)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just Draft status. 

And I know that you guys all directly impact the game results, so I'm holding you guys responsible if we win. 

I mean, not really. I don't much care about winning or losing. On the surface it's better long term to lose, but the draft is a crapshoot and it could easily not mean anything and it's hard to get upset about your team winning a game (unless you're the jets this year)

you guys are in a tough spot. Mediocre record. Not enough for a top 10 draft slot and not enough to reach playoffs. 

If I were a Niners fan, I would still be hoping for a win but if the losses start piling up then def would be more towards a better draft spot. 

20 hours ago, Car_Ramrod said:

I wont say the Niners have been a problem. They are a problem WITH Jimmy G. They havent beaten the Rams without him playing. So unless he plays (which we know he isnt), I cant see Mullens beating the Rams. Last time Mullens played the Rams he threw 3 ints, the offense fumbled once so 4 turnovers, Mullens got sacked 3 times and it was 31-10 at halftime. Basically game over. It was at the Colliseum too when the Rams played their home games there. So unless Mullens channel his inner Jimmy G I cant see the Rams losing the him. If they somehow do, its going to be demoralizing to beat Wilson and then Brady only to turn around and lose to Mullens. Then even worse to get swept by this Niners team. Like its understandable to get swept by last seasons Niners team because they were dominant and shouldve won the Superbowl up by 10pts with like 7 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. This Niners time is not just banged up but Covid hit them hard too. They dont have their best player on defense in Bosa, dont have their best player on offense in Kittle and dont have the most important player on really every team and thats the QB for them its Jimmy G whom again has never lost to the Rams. So I expect the Rams to win for sure. Lets just hope everyone comes out healthy. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I wont say the Niners have been a problem. They are a problem WITH Jimmy G. They havent beaten the Rams without him playing. So unless he plays (which we know he isnt), I cant see Mullens beating the Rams. Last time Mullens played the Rams he threw 3 ints, the offense fumbled once so 4 turnovers, Mullens got sacked 3 times and it was 31-10 at halftime. Basically game over. It was at the Colliseum too when the Rams played their home games there. So unless Mullens channel his inner Jimmy G I cant see the Rams losing the him. If they somehow do, its going to be demoralizing to beat Wilson and then Brady only to turn around and lose to Mullens. Then even worse to get swept by this Niners team. Like its understandable to get swept by last seasons Niners team because they were dominant and shouldve won the Superbowl up by 10pts with like 7 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. This Niners time is not just banged up but Covid hit them hard too. They dont have their best player on defense in Bosa, dont have their best player on offense in Kittle and dont have the most important player on really every team and thats the QB for them its Jimmy G whom again has never lost to the Rams. So I expect the Rams to win for sure. Lets just hope everyone comes out healthy. 

I definitely disagree with the first part. The niners almost always give us a hard time regardless if it’s Jimmy G or not. Starting in 2016 with fisher we were swept. Not looking before that and even 2016 is probably irrelevant but just for argument purposes. then 2017 was Mcvays first year where Hoyer was QB and we won by 3 in a shootout. Second game that year we were resting starters and were blown out. 2018 we swept them 39-10 and 48-32. Then with Jimmy G they’ve won the last 3. 

I have said it soooo many times. The niners are the best coaches team in the league. Losing close to 80 mil in players and still putting up fights and even winning is insane. It doesn’t matter who their QB is, they will play us well way more often than not. This COULD be a blow out, but I don’t think they’re expecting it this time around. Last time they got punched in the mouth and embarrassed and that was with a hurt Jimmy G.