Drew Brees - 29 or 30

Philip Rivers - 27

Tom Brady - 30

Matt Ryan - 27

Matt Stafford - 27

Ben Roethlisberger - 27

Kurt Warner - 28

Alex Smith - 27

It's very common for pocket passers to hit their stride and become much more consistent between 27 and 30 years old. Jared Goff just turned 26 a couple months ago.

Goff isn't going to get any better, dude..just face it. 

31 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Goff isn't going to get any better, dude..just face it. 

I dont get what you are saying.

The first month or so of the season PFF had Goff as one of its highest graded QBs in the NFL. Before the Dolphins game Goff was the best QB in the NFL on playaction passes which is the biggest part of the Rams offense. So Goff was actually executing the main thing to make this offense work extremely well. He goes through a 4 game slump and all of a sudden he isnt getting better and everything he was doing the first part of the season just goes completely away. I dont get it. Thats the equivalent of you being there for someone everytime they need you then just because once or twice you cant be there they all of a sudden tell you that you never be there for them. Its like have they forgotten how many times you were there for them and just because you werent there for them once or twice doesnt erase all the times you were there for them. All it takes for Goff to just get out of this slump and he will be back to playing as well as he was at the beginning of the season when PFF had him as one of their highest graded QBs in the NFL. Now I will admit you was right if he continues to play like this the rest of the season but history has shown me that Goff will have his slumps or individual bad games in a season but he always bounces back. 

10 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I dont get what you are saying.

The first month or so of the season PFF had Goff as one of its highest graded QBs in the NFL. Before the Dolphins game Goff was the best QB in the NFL on playaction passes which is the biggest part of the Rams offense. So Goff was actually executing the main thing to make this offense work extremely well. He goes through a 4 game slump and all of a sudden he isnt getting better and everything he was doing the first part of the season just goes completely away. I dont get it. Thats the equivalent of you being there for someone everytime they need you then just because once or twice you cant be there they all of a sudden tell you that you never be there for them. Its like have they forgotten how many times you were there for them and just because you werent there for them once or twice doesnt erase all the times you were there for them. All it takes for Goff to just get out of this slump and he will be back to playing as well as he was at the beginning of the season when PFF had him as one of their highest graded QBs in the NFL. Now I will admit you was right if he continues to play like this the rest of the season but history has shown me that Goff will have his slumps or individual bad games in a season but he always bounces back. 

Simply answer to this question. 

Goff Year 1 with Mcvay

Goff year 4 with Mcvay

What's the main difference ? 

31 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Simply answer to this question. 

Goff Year 1 with Mcvay

Goff year 4 with Mcvay

What's the main difference ? 

The main difference is teams made adjustments to McVay system thus McVay has made adjustments. 11 personnel 95% Year 1 and that has went down a good bit Year 4. Goff is not running a lot more bootlegs and the last 2 games spending more time in the shotgun which he really never has done in Year 1, 2, 3 and the first 9 games of this season. 

I gather you acting like everything is the same except for Goff. It’s not as I just pointed out. Goff constantly is improving his game again throwing on the run is something Goff has greatly improved. He is going through a slump right now let’s see if he either stays this way or gets out of this slump. But he has come a long way from Year 1 to now imo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

The main difference is teams made adjustments to McVay system thus McVay has made adjustments. 11 personnel 95% Year 1 and that has went down a good bit Year 4. Goff is not running a lot more bootlegs and the last 2 games spending more time in the shotgun which he really never has done in Year 1, 2, 3 and the first 9 games of this season. 

I gather you acting like everything is the same except for Goff. It’s not as I just pointed out. Goff constantly is improving his game again throwing on the run is something Goff has greatly improved. He is going through a slump right now let’s see if he either stays this way or gets out of this slump. But he has come a long way from Year 1 to now imo. 

I'm not talking about Mcvay scheme but Goff improvement over the year. 

So between Year 1 and year 4, he just improve about throwing when running ? I don't know what to say...

22 minutes ago, Flounch said:

I'm not talking about Mcvay scheme but Goff improvement over the year. 

So between Year 1 and year 4, he just improve about throwing when running ? I don't know what to say...

You should be saying GREAT! He was asked to learn how to improve throwing on the run because McVay wanted to throw bootlegs into his adjustments on offense and Goff did. Aside from the past 4 games Goff has been the best playaction pass QB in the NFL. Not my opinion just facts. Again that is what is asked of Goff to do in this offense which is run the ball then playaction pass. So again we can say turnovers is an issue I agree but the past 4 games is the slump because it’s not like he has turned to ball over 10 every 4 games games. I get that there is great concern over the past 4 games but take a step back, take a big deep breath and let’s see how these last 5 games play out. When Goff went through that stretch in 2018 where he didn’t look good against the Lions, laid an egg against the Bears, and then struggled against a banged Eagles defense lead by Foles and the Rams lost that game everyone was freaking out. All Goff and the Rams did was reel off 4 straight wins in which Goff was impressive and they went to Superbowl. So you can take whatever you want to from the slump Goff is in but for ME and only ME it’s just a slump and him and McVay will figure things out and the Goff and the Rams will be alright. 

As Colin Cowherd said yesterday and he has a clear perspective of the Rams. He said if Goff is the Rams only issue the Rams have a chance to go to the Superbowl. In other words he is saying he trust Goff and McVay to figure things out. Plus he said the Rams are (0-2) against the Niners because the Niners have their number but they are (7-2) against everyone else. One of those losses was due to a bad DPI call in Buffalo that Goff led 4 straight td drives to give the Rams to lead and they should’ve won. So really the Rams should be (8-1) against every other team not named the Niners. Can you tell me is that good? I’m trying to keep it real simple. 

Edited by stl4life07

What’s crazy is pretty soon we will find out either way. 

Wonder how those who think he’s gonna suck feel once he starts killing it and gets everything figured out? 

Also, how would those defending Goff feel  if someway, somehow McVay cuts ties with him 

Let’s make sure we really analyze him as a whole before we go either side 

the question is not if he’s good. He is def good. The question is: is he already or will he become good enough to be the franchise QB of this team for the foreseeable future 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

What’s crazy is pretty soon we will find out either way. 

Wonder how those who think he’s gonna suck feel once he starts killing it and gets everything figured out? 

Also, how would those defending Goff feel  if someway, somehow McVay cuts ties with him 

Let’s make sure we really analyze him as a whole before we go either side 

the question is not if he’s good. He is def good. The question is: is he already or will he become good enough to be the franchise QB of this team for the foreseeable future 

Before this season started, I truly thought this was the year we’d finally know what Goff is about. I can’t really think of any reason as to why a quarterback shouldn’t perform well under this scheme, coach, team etc.. Also The team has been healthy. This is now yet another year with Mcvay and this isn’t a league where teams have patience to wait until a QB is 29-30 to play better. Especially when their CAP situation is tight and teams are in win now mode and the biggest inconsistency is the QB position. 

im critical of Goff.. but I also praise him when he has good games and still have hope he turns it around this year. What drives me nuts is that people still make excuses for him. I want him to succeed. I hope he goes on a monster tear. Nothing would make me happier than to finally see that franchise QB. The dude can seriously look special when he’s playing well and I don’t think anyone would deny that here. The thing is it’s really not that often we see him shine bright. He does have mediocre games, especially when we’re running over teams and he can just throw when needed. He’s proven he’s not the guy that can just drop back 30-40 times and play well with no turnovers.
I know people are sick of the Goff Discussions but the truth is it’s easy to see why people still have faith in Him. It’s tough not to when you see what he’s capable of. Sadly, people have good reason to not trust Goff as well. He isn’t a rookie, and is on a second contract. A team shouldn’t have to wait until he’s 30 to figure it out, especially in the same system with a great cast and great coach. The excuses started to wear thin on many, especially this year. 

• Like 1

Love Goff’s attitude towards the criticism he received from McVay. 

As long as he’s coachable, he should be getting better.

Goff started along the year playing really well. Wonder about O’Connells roll in all this. Hope he’s giving him the proper coaching and feedback and not holding back 

5 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Love Goff’s attitude towards the criticism he received from McVay. 

As long as he’s coachable, he should be getting better.

Goff started along the year playing really well. Wonder about O’Connells roll in all this. Hope he’s giving him the proper coaching and feedback and not holding back 

I wish I was as collected when defending him as he is taking the criticism. He's got such a level head and that calm demeanor is exactly what a QB needs to succeed (and honestly probably just a better way to live). Anyone who confuses that with not having passion doesn't know the guy. 

27 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I wish I was as collected when defending him as he is taking the criticism. He's got such a level head and that calm demeanor is exactly what a QB needs to succeed (and honestly probably just a better way to live). Anyone who confuses that with not having passion doesn't know the guy. 

Yeah I never understood why people say he isn’t passionate just because he isn’t very vocal or loud. He’s a calm person with a low key personality. Always has been. Doesn’t mean he isn’t passionate lol 

• Like 1