Lane Johnson's ankle collapsed.... out for the season.

TheRealMcCoy

I hate this team so much right now I swear to god. I've never felt such disgust with the Eagles and there has been plenty of dumb **** over the years.

Like............ a collapsed ankle? How does that even happen? You know how bad his ankle probably had to be for something like this to happen? Best part is I'm 99.9% sure the blame for this lays at the feet of our coaching and training staff. 

Nobody tell me that I'm overreacting, because I just posted this **** in our draft thread hours before this broke.

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I also worry about Lane and his ankle. He's had surgery and it seems to still be giving him problems. I hope its not something that he'll always have to deal with, but he already turned 30 this spring and is no spring chicken. Get it? lol. We need to start thinking about his replacement too.

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I kinda wish we didn't give Johnson a 4 year deal and kept it to 3 if I knew he would be one of those injury riddled guys. I love Lane, but that **** is annoying lol.

Literally hours before this news broke man!!!! I knew the ankle was bad, but not this bad. The Eagles really deserve to be either fined by the league or have a draft pick or something taken away. This is pure negligence on the part of the team. I can't believe this. We've had like 3 different training staffs in like 5 years and they've all failed to keep players healthy, but this is just the icing on the cake.

Here let me explain my statements above of why this is on the Eagles and why I am so pissed off right now. We waited until like more than halfway into a shortened training camp when his ankle was getting worse and worse to the point he had to get surgery. It doesn't end there. His ankle has been a problem dating back to last season and they didn't have him get surgery after the season was over. Tra Thomas (former Eagles tackle and now Eagles podcast host) was the one who brought to my attention first just how dumb it was they didn't have him get the surgery for the ankle done in the offseason way before training camp started. Did we do that? Of course not. Thomas was pretty frustrated that they let this happen when they finally made him get surgery for it.  He also has preached constantly that Lane Johnson needs to be wearing a knee brace. You know who didn't? Our dumb coaching/training staff. Anyways, so back to story time. So, instead they got the surgery when it got so bad that they had no choice. But, wait.... there's more! If that wasn't already a level of incompetence that should never be shown by a sports team. They had him get a surgery that is supposed to get him back on the field quicker instead of playing the long game and being careful with him which they already did an awful job of. But, wait there's more.... the Eagles then proceeded to rush him back onto the field in like half the time of the recommended recovery time for this kind of ankle surgery which was already a surgery that was supposed to get him back on the field in less time than the other type of surgery that he could've gotten for his ankle. They rushed him into a surgery with a shorter recovery time and then put him on the field in like just over half the recovery time. I thought maybe Lane just heals quick as hell. To provide some more context on it. As everyone knows the only game he missed was week 1 against Washington. A game in which we blew a lead in stupendous fashion to a bad team in our division that should've been a win. Instead of making sure he fully recovered and followed the timetable of the surgery they threw him out there early against the Rams in week 2. Smart idea, right? Lane toughed it out and played in the next 3 games.... a loss, a tie, and a win. Then, the ankle was getting bad again and he couldn't go for the Ravens game in week 5. Instead of doing the smart thing and shut him down and have him get surgery. What do they do with the team sitting at a record of 1-4-1 feeling the pressure of a season going down the drain? Yep! You guessed it! They threw him back out there the next week after the Ravens game he missed against the Giants and we managed to barely pull out a 22-21 win and guess what? Lane's ankle was so bad that when he tried to see if he could go on that ankle the morning of the Cowboys game and couldn't do it they had to pull him right before the game and  messed up again and he was a last game scratch, because he just couldn't go on the ankle. But, wait there's more! Then, after he misses that Cowboys game the Eagles somehow think his ankle will magically be healed and they throw him back out there again against the Giants and then the Browns last Sunday. 

Now, after all the Eagles incompetence his ankle collapsed this week. Something like that doesn't just happen. That isn't a normal football injury. They ****ed up his ankle and he might never be the same. He just turned 30 this year. They may have shortened this mans career and for no good reason.

I'm absolutely sick to my stomach. Disgusted with both the coaching staff and training staff. This was pure negligence like I said and we deserve to be punished.

How often do you hear a fan say that his team should be fined or have a draft pick taken away for mismanaging a players injury?

I'll help you with that........... today is probably the first day you've seen it.

I'm absolutely fuming. I've never been so disappointed in the Eagles and they've let me down countless times in the past and you don't even have to look back much further back than my NFL Gen thread I started right before the season to see that. But, this is the most disappointed I've been in this franchise as my time as a fan.

I feel so bad for Lane Johnson who is one of the toughest SOBs in the league. Dude would play with a broken femur if he could. He's a warrior and was always gonna try and play to help the team, because that is the kind of man/player he is. I have the utmost respect for him and basically no respect for the Eagles in regards to this negligence.

Lane doesn't deserve this. Our organization should be penalized.

I feel so bad. His face in that screenshot from his presser today says it all. Dude had anxiety from trying his best to get on the field for the team when he shouldn't have ever been out there in the first place. Wishing my dude the best on his path to recovery, because I highly doubt coming back from a collapsed ankle that has been through so much damage the past years at what will be 31.5 years old almost by the time next season starts.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

There is nobody I'm more disgusted in than the whole Eagles organization right now, but a close second would have to be scummy Patriots fans.

I'm not necessarily talking about the Patriots fans on here. Just the stuff I see all over Twitter from their fans in response to this news.

Here are some examples....

Patriots fans are just as bad as those Eagles fans back in the day that cheered when Michael Irvin got injured.

Like I said I'm not talking about all Patriots fans. Just the scumbags.

These kinds of fans are the worst.

Posted this in the NFL News thread.

I was probably one of the most optimistic Eagles fans heading into this season on FF.

My NFL Gen thread will live in infamy. It was such a bad backfire that @ET80 had to give it a mercy killing/lock.

Now, I think I'm at the point after this where I'm basically ready to just clean house from the front office to the coaching staff to the training staff.

I was pretty close before this news. This pushed me over the edge.

We are a joke. We deserve to suck for a while.

• Like 2

I was probably one of the most optimistic Eagles fans heading into this season on FF.

My NFL Gen thread will live in infamy. It was such a bad backfire that @ET80 had to give it a mercy killing/lock.

Now, I think I'm at the point after this where I'm basically ready to just clean house from the front office to the coaching staff to the training staff.

I was pretty close before this news. This pushed me over the edge.

We are a joke. We deserve to suck for a while.

We have a good owner just have to hope he sees whats going on and has to make the tough decisions this teams needs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

it says its  a 5 month recovery after the surgery, I hoping it works. 

yeah I know we will probably be worse next year.

I don't care if the recovery timetable is less than ACL or Achilles. 

That isn't the point.

The Eagles are idiots who easily could've prevented this if they had any brain cells.

Tra Thomas knew way before anybody that they were messing up or at least he was the first to publicly speak on it.

It took a lot of us smart fans a little time to catch up and agree with Tra that they were horribly mismanaging his ankle.

After going through 3 training staffs and this **** still happening. I'm at a loss for words and extremely disappointed and other fans should be as well.

I don't care if the recovery timetable is less than ACL or Achilles. 

That isn't the point.

The Eagles are idiots who easily could've prevented this if they had any brain cells.

Tra Thomas knew way before anybody that they were messing up or at least he was the first to publicly speak on it.

It took a lot of us smart fans a little time to catch up and agree with Tra that they were horribly mismanaging his ankle.

After going through 3 training staffs and this **** still happening. I'm at a loss for words and extremely disappointed and other fans should be as well.

There has been too much concern for a window that was already probably closed. I think it even goes down to the players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

We have a good owner just have to hope he sees whats going on and has to make the tough decisions this teams needs.

I agree. I like Lurie and it starts at the top, but some heads need to roll. This is absolutely unacceptable.

As much as I have had love for Roseman and Pederson and everything they've done..... their seats need to be so hot they can't sit down for more than a second at a time without getting 2nd degree burns on their *****. If Lurie doesn't fire them after this season, then there needs to be some sort of big shake-up.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I agree. I like Lurie and it starts at the top, but some heads need to roll. This is absolutely unacceptable.

As much as I have had love for Roseman and Pederson and everything they've done..... their seats need to be so hot they can't sit down for more than a second at a time without getting 2nd degree burns on their *****. If Lurie doesn't fire them after this season, then there needs to be some sort of big shake-up.

Remember we fired Chip when it seemed like it might not happen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not my first mercy kill, not my last mercy kill - but perhaps my best mercy kill.

I appreciate the mercy killing.

I didn't really need it, because I deserved to face my take that backfired on me, but I guess that thread wasn't really going anywhere at that point, so I get it.

• Like 1