Lane Johnson's ankle collapsed.... out for the season.

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

You don't consider it, you absolutely take him. He is the #2 overall prospect this year, IMO. 

Even with the not awful LT situation we have? I'd rather gamble on having a starter caliber LT between Mailata and Dillard than pass on grabbing the 1st or 2nd WR off the board. The team is riddled with holes, yet tackle is one of the few spots where the situation is not horrible. 

Granted, I wouldn't be mad taking a blue chip LT and showing Dillard and Mailata the door or stashing them to replace Lane.

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

You don't consider it, you absolutely take him. He is the #2 overall prospect this year, IMO. 

Yeah, I agree even though it would be boring. Assuming Mailata could play RT as well as he has LT lately, then those are your tackles for the rest of the decade hopefully. 

1 hour ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Sewell isn't getting passed the Bengals anyways and there are no other linemen worth a top 6 pick. I'm glad they can get a top talent somewhere else like WR or CB or maybe even LB.

Was hoping the Bengals could’ve finished off the Phins. We can still easily pick in front of them if they win a game. We has an easier SoS.

But yeah if it’s Jets/Jags/Bengals it’ll be pretty much be a lock Lawrence/Fields/Sewell.

10 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Sewell isn't getting past the Bengals anyways and there are no other linemen worth a top 6 pick. I'm glad they can get a top talent somewhere else like WR or CB or maybe even LB.

I can actually see the Bengals taking Chase but there's no way he makes it past LAC at 4, so you're right that he won't be there at 6. 

44 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

If the Bengals pass on Sewell that is straight neglect to Borrow. 

They have a decent amount of cap space, I think it's possible they go the route of signing some offensive lineman vs drafting them high. 

Either way, it doesn't matter to me what they do. I don't think he makes it to 6.