USMNT Thread: Wandering in the Wilderness

LeeEvans

Just now, LeeEvans said:

Yeah Ngolo Kante is a ****e defensive midfielder.

Lol it was more than a bit facetious. I've just never been a huge fan of his game. To be fair, it has been a lot of January camps which are just a complete waste of time.

Just now, rcon14 said:

Lol it was more than a bit facetious. I've just never been a huge fan of his game. To be fair, it has been a lot of January camps which are just a complete waste of time.

Ha that's okay, I was just giving you a hard time. I agree with you, he's never really impressed. I don't know why so many older players and known qualities got called up. I suppose that it won't really matter since there will be a new manager anyway. 

8 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Ha that's okay, I was just giving you a hard time. I agree with you, he's never really impressed. I don't know why so many older players and known qualities got called up. I suppose that it won't really matter since there will be a new manager anyway. 

The fact that Zardes and Morrow started made no sense. I would have gone:

Hamid

Polster-Glad-Oparra-Acosta

Canouse

Adams-Roldan

Arriola-Ramirez-Rowe

My six subs would be: Steffen for Hamid, Lennon for Arriola, Morris for Ramirez, Delgado for Roldan, Vincent for Acosta, and then leave the final sub up to situation/injury/etc

48 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Just playing the future game, cuz last night was so bad. A starting XI for March friendlies:

Hamid

Yedlin-Miazga-Brooks-Antonee Robinson?

Parks

Adams-McKennie

Pulisic-?-Saief

Zardes

Zardes Zardes Zardes Zardes

Zardes Zardes Zardes Zardes

Zardes Zardes 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So who are we all hoping for in the federation presidential election? I'm pulling for Kyle Martino.

I think anyone other than Carter, Cordeiro, or Solo would probably be a step in the right direction.

Edit: This thing is rigged, Carter and Cordeiro take the first round in a landslide.

Edited by Imarobot

43 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

So who are we all hoping for in the federation presidential election? I'm pulling for Kyle Martino.

I think anyone other than Carter, Cordeiro, or Solo would probably be a step in the right direction.

Edit: This thing is rigged, Carter and Cordeiro take the first round in a landslide.

Reading through the bios, I actually thought Winograd was the most intriguing - but he just got stomped on. I'm with you on the "please no" list of Carter, Cordeiro, Solo, and I'll add Gans. We want someone with at least SOME playing experience, even if it's just collegiate. 

19 minutes ago, chillparsi1 said:

Reading through the bios, I actually thought Winograd was the most intriguing - but he just got stomped on. I'm with you on the "please no" list of Carter, Cordeiro, Solo, and I'll add Gans. We want someone with at least SOME playing experience, even if it's just collegiate. 

Looks like Cordeiro wins. I guess between my 3 'do not want' candidates he's probably the easiest one to swallow. Hopefully just because he's from the previous administration he's not blind to the problems that need to be addressed. 

Edit: Gulati just said with a straight face that he doesn't understand where all the criticism towards the federation comes from. xDxD

Edited by Imarobot

On 2/15/2018 at 5:23 PM, Woz said:

Are we surprised that the USSF didn't change? I mean everything is working SO well ...

After I've settled down a bit, I think I can say that I'm actually not super upset with the election. After I heard he's going to use a general manager setup I kind of jumped on board. He knows he's a money guy, not a soccer guy. Let him run the federation and make money while his GMs sort out the soccer stuff.

On 2/18/2018 at 3:37 PM, Imarobot said:

After I've settled down a bit, I think I can say that I'm actually not super upset with the election. After I heard he's going to use a general manager setup I kind of jumped on board. He knows he's a money guy, not a soccer guy. Let him run the federation and make money while his GMs sort out the soccer stuff.

We'll see. I have little to no faith in the USSF making the changes necessary. Then again, being one of the Redskins moderators might be coloring my cynicism.

• 2 weeks later...

What do your guys' 23 man rosters for March look like? For me:

GK: Steffen, Hamid, Gonzalez

DEF: Yedlin, Miazga, Brooks, Antonee Robinson, Shaq Moore, CCV, Chandler, Opara

MID: Pulisic, McKennie, Adams, Keaton Parks, Saeif, Lletget, Arriola, Danny Williams

FWD: Johannsson, Weah, Wood, Sargent

Probably roll out a first XI like so:

Steffen

Yedlin-Miazga-Brooks-Robinson

McKennie-Adams

Pulisic

Arriola-Johannsson-Saeif

• 2 weeks later...

23 man roster for this friendly:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Alex Bono (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland/DEN; 5/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 1/0)

DEFENDERS (8): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Ipswich Town/ENG; 1/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 14/1), Matt Miazga (Vitesse/NED; 4/1), Shaq Moore (Levante/ESP; 0/0), Erik Palmer-Brown (Kortrijk/BEL; 0/0), Antonee Robinson (Bolton Wanderers/ENG; 0/0), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 15/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 49/0)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 2/0), Marky Delgado (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 1/1), Darlington Nagbe (Atlanta United FC; 24/1), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 2/0), Kenny Saief (Anderlecht/BEL; 1/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 3/0), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA; 0/0)

FORWARDS (3): Andrija Novakovich (Telstar/NED; 0/0), Rubio Rubin (Club Tijuana/MEX; 4/0), Bobby Wood (Hamburg/GER; 36/10), Kekuta Manneh (Colombus Crew SC, 0/0)

Probably gonna see a 4-1-4-1. Probable lineup:

Hamid

Yedlin-Miazga-CCV-Robinson

McKennie

Nagbe-Adams-Roldan-Saeif

Wood

I'd probably prefer Novakovich out of curiosity. I really don't need to see Villafana or Lichaj play in this one. If both Adams and McKennie aren't starting centrally I am going to be livid.