USMNT Thread: Wandering in the Wilderness

LeeEvans

7 minutes ago, teamorange said:

At least they will get the blame now. I could see USA losing and the other teams lose as well and every says, "whew that was a close one but now we need to keep the same people so there is consistency going into the world cup!" At least the spineless admins will have to fire them this time. 

I definitely agree. They've needed a shake up for a while now and it will certainly happen now. There is a zero percent chance Gulati is back when he is up for reelection next year. 

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

If you ignore the fact that the USMNT couldn't even muster a draw against Trinidad & Tobago, maybe

Honestly no one who has even remotely been following the team will be saying anything like this. It's despicable that we couldn't be the top four in CONCACAF and we absolutely deserve to be watching the WC from home. 

16 minutes ago, drd23 said:

If you ignore the fact that the USMNT couldn't even muster a draw against Trinidad & Tobago, maybe

TBH USA got pretty unlucky. Should never have put themselves in that spot but a pretty fluky own goal and wonder shot from 40 yards out. Again, not trying to justify USA going out but some surreal events had to happen.

Just now, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I has so much sad. 

So what happens now? How long do we have to wait before wholesale changes are made? 

Well Gulati can't go until he is up for reelection next year unless he resigns. Arena was only contracted through to the WC so he'll be gone and will almost certainly resign. I can't see any way anyone in any sort of power keeps there spot. This is absolutely disastrous for US Soccer as a whole, no WC money, no exposure from the WC for it's own fans and they have a superstar to build around for once and can't even get him to the World Cup. This is an embarrassment for the entire organization and I can't see how anyone gets out of this. 

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Came here to post this. I’m not much of a soccer fan myself, outside of major tournaments, but the dude has a point.

Soccer is a great sport and I definitely appreciate it, but it doesn’t get the love from the top down like was mentioned. Something has to change.

And I LOVED when he looked at Bucci and called him out saying he won’t be talking about this in two days. That’s the problem. Imagine our basketball team not qualifying for the Olympics. There’d probably be riots.