USMNT Thread: Wandering in the Wilderness

LeeEvans

10 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

How has a manager still not been selected? 

It became pretty clear with Sarachan getting extended through the rest of 2018 that this wasn't going to be a quick appointment. I fully expect Sarachan to be the manager through the fall friendlies, and then a new manager be hired to start 2019.

15 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

How has a manager still not been selected? 

I said this almost two months ago regarding hiring Osario:

On 7/9/2018 at 11:33 AM, Woz said:

The only question is: would he agree to the new GM/manager structure US Soccer is implementing?

I wonder if other candidates want to see what powers Ernie Stewart has and/or US Soccer is trying to see if this split in powers will work.

5 hours ago, rcon14 said:

I fully expect Sarachan to be the manager through the fall friendlies, and then a new manager be hired to start 2019.

Barring Sarachan falling flat on his face, I wouldn't assume that there's going to be a new guy in 2019.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, BaltimoreTerp said:

Friendship ended with Pulisic, now WESTON MCKINNIE is my best friend. 

Are my eyes deceiving me (or due to the choppiness of the video), but was he playing CAM and/or DM at various points? The USMNT is not allowed to have good players at those positions. That's in the FIFA bylaws, somewhere. I know it is.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...