USMNT Thread: Wandering in the Wilderness

LeeEvans

1 hour ago, PAW said:

So the USMNT now has CBs signed with Man City, Chelsea, and Tottenham.  Now if only we can get some mids and forwards signing with clubs of that caliber. 

The fact that the talent level in the squad is so low shows how big of a failure the whole academy system has been. 

IMO I doubt anyone but CCV plays for their team in any meaningful way, and even that is far from a sure thing.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Just as bad and dumb as Jurgen's team selections. We can *probably* manage 4 points from these last two games but even that's gonna be iffy.

Even with this roster, which is really just missing an out-of-form Fabian Johnson, should get six from these two games. That doesn't mean I'm super confident, but that should still be the expectation.

I wonder if we could go with a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 tonight. People talk about Jozy being out of place as a lone forward, but the US has never really had a 10 that could interplay with him like we have in Pulisic. I imagine we'll see a traditional 4-4-2 or a 4-1-3-2, but I'm hoping Bruce tries to press the issue in the MF with a 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1.

5 hours ago, rcon14 said:

I wonder if we could go with a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 tonight. People talk about Jozy being out of place as a lone forward, but the US has never really had a 10 that could interplay with him like we have in Pulisic. I imagine we'll see a traditional 4-4-2 or a 4-1-3-2, but I'm hoping Bruce tries to press the issue in the MF with a 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1.

I was momentarily ticked off as I have to work late tonight ... then I realized the game isn't until tomorrow.

On Tue Sep 12 2017 at 4:20 AM, rcon14 said:

IMO I doubt anyone but CCV plays for their team in any meaningful way, and even that is far from a sure thing.

Spurs are hopeful that CCV will be able to make the grade. With the 3 CB formation we play, there's defintiely opportunities. He's likely 5th in the pecking order when he comes back. Behind Sanchez, Toby, Vertonghen and Dier. The loan was definitely the best thing for him, he needs game time to progress. I haven't read anything about his loan, but he has played a few games and scored, which is a good sign at least.

On 10/8/2017 at 5:13 PM, amac said:

Hope we switch to a 3-5-2 long term. Seems like our attack is best w/ Pulisic behind 2 strikers but I have doubts the 4-1-3-2/442 will hold up against better teams

I think the formation against weaker teams will continue to be that 4-1-3-2 but agree that against stronger opposition it probably should be a 3-5-2 with a Bedoya/McKennie/Adams/Acosta next to Bradley