From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

why do you all assume we'd be paying him $15 million?  If he is getting traded or even remotely joining this team it would be for a mid round pick and a pay cut. 

well, i think his contract for next is like 17 million, and if if we aquire him via trade, it has to be for his current salary.. dont think we would trade for him at 17 million via  giving up a draft pick or any other compensation. he cant take a pay cut for us, while he's still under contract with the texans.. so he would have to get cut before joining us.

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy regarding Corey Davis:
"Rumblings Corey is giving thought to joining the Ravens next year. with the Lions close 2nd(would have been first if Arthur went there.) Titans remain first choice if possible."

Why the Lions?

He's a Chicagoland guy...Detroit's close but still.....

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Why the Lions?

He's a Chicagoland guy...Detroit's close but still.....

I'm assuming because of Arthur and QB situation with Stafford being much better than what possibly lays with Chicago. 

Just remembered he did go to Western Michigan. 

All not far from Chicago.

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm assuming because of Arthur and QB situation with Stafford being much better than what possibly lays with Chicago. 

Just remembered he did go to Western Michigan. 

All not far from Chicago.

Honestly if we lose Corey Davis it isn't the end of the world I mean sure we are better with him but I feel we can find an adequate replacement in free agency for less money or find one in the draft.

As a team that wants to be physical and establish the run we can't justify shelling out a lot of money to Davis when AJ Brown is our true number 1 WR and will need to be paid like one soon.

I don't know why we got away from him so much but to me Jonnu Smith we need to re-sign before Corey Davis. Smith to me is a true match up nightmare TE which is harder to find.

I would like Davis back sure but I don't see how we can justify the money when we need to address the defense badly.

Edited by Titan89