From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

I respect it.. he's come through more than not so... I guess I can give him a pass.. it happens.. Buck Reising was wrong on so much of his reporting this off season also.. 

Lol 

All good. I don't know what aspect he works with the team or around the team. 
Definitely not in the building like he used to be before the virus.  Not as many close encounters and meetings. Prospects used to be brought in the building meet people. Could get a good sense of who liked who.

Just different. 

Sounds like I'm making excuses but i know he hates when it comes up wrong. I do find out some things after and don't post too much because it will sound like revisionist history or trying to cover a wrong.

But they did try to sign a WR and was pretty much told nah. 

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Lol 

All good. I don't know what aspect he works with the team or around the team. 
Definitely not in the building like he used to be before the virus.  Not as many close encounters and meetings. Prospects used to be brought in the building meet people. Could get a good sense of who liked who.

Just different. 

Sounds like I'm making excuses but i know he hates when it comes up wrong. I do find out some things after and don't post too much because it will sound like revisionist history or trying to cover a wrong.

But they did try to sign a WR and was pretty much told nah. 

I wonder who the WR was. I bet it is hard to convince a WR to come here knowing Henry and AJ are going to get most of the touches when they could go somewhere else and get more targets.

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

I wonder who the WR was. I bet it is hard to convince a WR to come here knowing Henry and AJ are going to get most of the touches when they could go somewhere else and get more targets.

Emmanuel Sanders. 
Wanted to play in a passing offense. Not a run first one. 

That's the only one I was given. Sure it wasn't the only one they went after or had talks with. Only name mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Emmanuel Sanders. 

That's the only one I was given. Sure it wasn't the only one they went after or had talks with. Only name mentioned. 

Yea I could see a lot of guys passing us over for a passing offense where they’d get more targets.

18 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Emmanuel Sanders. 

And here's a great example: the guy can tell us who our targets are, but it takes both sides to get a deal done. So I don't doubt we went after the players he said, just got outbid or they had reasons to go elsewhere.

I'm sure most teams don't actually sign most of the guys they target. I still appreciate any information the guy can give us.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 9:23 PM, KingTitan said:

Can take it for what it's worth

The Guy:
Titans are trying to dip into the trade market.

Albert Wilson
Anthony Miller
Jamison Crowder

Inquired about Micheal Gallup.

Guy said we were interested in Miller.
Was before Reynolds I think but still. Worth keeping an eye on.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Guy said we were interested in Miller.
Was before Reynolds I think but still. Worth keeping an eye on.

My bears fan friends can’t stand miller

I watch a bit of the bears. He lacks consistent focus and overall just isn’t a very good football player imo

cue the “he’d be a #3 here and thrive” crowd 

Edited by deeluxx3

19 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

My bears fan friends can’t stand miller

I watch a bit of the bears. He lacks consistent focus and overall just isn’t a very good football player imo

cue the “he’d be a #3 here and thrive” crowd 

I think we could find something better in the draft. But finding a slot in the draft that is a stamp to contribute is a gamble. After watching some of Miller’s play, he shows flashes at times. The past two years I believe he has managed to stay on the field, which is a substantial upgrade to Humphries. It probably didn’t help that his quarterbacks were Trubisky and Foles. I watched pass catchers on the bears continuously be frustrated with Trubisky and Foles, rightfully so. I think he has a skill set that can be impactful when utilized. The combination of Tannehill and us just having a better offense could open things up for him as he does have some speed. I wouldn’t be mad at the pickup, depending on how much we would have to spend.

I hope we close up holes on the offense with moves like this before the draft. Maybe a TE pickup too. It would be nice to spend most of our draft capital on defense and flip the script on that garbage we carted out there last year. I am not as worried about the falloff from our offense. It would be nice to round out this team.

29 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

Miller would be almost our number 2 or are we sold on replacing CD with josh

My hope is we find another gem high at WR. If we trade for anyone I want a corner lol

Cutting adoree was so odd still to me

I dont think they ever really liked adoree's nonchalant, laid back attitude or approach. I think they thought thats why he was so inconsistent. That, and the fact that many believed he could've come back from that knee injury a lot sooner than he did factored into it. they constantly say they want guys who arent afraid to play banged up.

• 2 weeks later...

Guy:

Pretty tight lipped.

Vibe is that Bateman and Marshall are the WRs they'd take at 22.  Don't see Robinson taking one of the smaller ones unless trade down. 

Love Horn. 

More comfortable at CB than people account for, view Fulton as a more of a certainty then an unproven. Feels he was on a good improvement arch before injury. 

Samuel they like. 

Molden from Washington has really impressed in conversations. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yikes if they’re comfortable in Fulton, Jenkins, and Johnson as their top 3 CBs. Gotta draft one relatively high regardless with two of those players on 1 year deals.

Complacient and Comfortable I think would be two different things.
I take it as, do they think they HAVE to take a CB at 22? No. I also think they penciling Fulton and Jenkins as their boundaries and starters. 

Newsome, Horn, Surtain, maybe Farely are the ones they'd take in the 1st. Likely all are gone or they pass on Farley if medicals don't add up. 

I think one of two picks will be CB. 

Also i think the 5th year option will factor in. Which position do they think they'd need that 5th year the most?
Will AJ's upcoming deal make them take a WR early so they can have a hopeful starting WR in the future on a cheaper deal, opposed to trying to pay one in FA next year.

Johnson isn't stopping them from doing anything. But they like Borders enough to bring him back. Jackson is serviceable in limited role.  

Again I take it as them saying it's not "CB no matter what."

Especially if they like Samuel and Molden like the guy says who could be in play in the 2nd.