From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

21 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

do in-house demotions like this ever actually happen? i feel like fans speculate about it all the time but i’m not sure i can recall any actual examples

Doing a quick search. Seems like Dan Campbell took duties from Anthony Lynn. 

Jerry Jones took duties from Jason Garrett. 

But yeah rumor from guy are rumors. We shall see 

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Cant wait for our offensive playcaller to be a mystery all season

and our O really, really sucks

and Vrabel goes "i dont think not having a single playcaller is the issue"

Bowen was the playcaller in 2020. He was the play caller this year too, but Schwartz made a huge difference in how we schemed.

I don't forsee something like that happening for offense/the OC though. It's rare you can get a guy as good as Jim Schwartz to come coach without the title/pay. He did it because he wanted to step away from the game some.

Also saw this in 2013 with the Titans when we hired Gregg Williams as senior defensive assistant but he wound up having a huge hand in how the defense was called with Jerry Gray at DC. May have even took over as play caller at some point as I wanna say I remember seeing him holding play sheets with a headset on on the sideline. This was due to it being Williams' first job since the bountygate suspension(well he was technically the Rams DC in 2012, but was never able to actually work for them due to the suspension).

Whoever would be hired in this situation is either named OC or given some kind of like "pass game coordinator" title, I imagine.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:11 PM, titans0021 said:

I’ll say this, if Downing can keep the OC title and salary, it’s not impossible he’d take it. It’s not like he’d have a list of teams beating down his door for anything better than TE coach.

If someone wanted to pay me the same money to have less responsibility I'd happily take it and not look back. 

• 3 weeks later...

(Something a lot of us are predicting)

From the Guy:

Saffold and Jenkins not in Titans plans going forward. 
Easier to replace an OG. Farley going to have to sink or swim at Corner. Also going to pick up a player or two at CB. 
David Bell is a WR they like. Consistently gets open.
Doing homework on RB's in the draft. Won't pay Foreman to come back, asking price has started around $2-3 million per year. 
Brian Robinson Jr from Alabama has caught the eye. 
Tannehill is the QB.
Undecided on Juilo, likely to be the last resort to cut him in order to keep people like Landry and fit Cunningham going forward. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

(Something a lot of us are predicting)

From the Guy:

Saffold and Jenkins not in Titans plans going forward. 
Easier to replace an OG. Farley going to have to sink or swim at Corner. Also going to pick up a player or two at CB. 
David Bell is a WR they like. Consistently gets open.
Doing homework on RB's in the draft. Won't pay Foreman to come back, asking price has started around $2-3 million per year. 
Brian Robinson Jr from Alabama has caught the eye. 
Tannehill is the QB.
Undecided on Juilo, likely to be the last resort to cut him in order to keep people like Landry and fit Cunningham going forward. 

yea we all knew Jenkins and Saffold were prolly gone which I guess is why Radunz has been a Guard.

throwing Farley out there scares me but hopefully he holds his own.

I knew we would like David bell. He’s definetly a Titans type WR. He isn’t fast but definitely knows how to get open..We’d have to take him in the 1st.

Isn’t Robinson a big back? Guessing we like having 2 big backs for the offense. Evans gets one more chance as the change of pace back 

Edited by 615finest

We just love for our receivers to block. Screw someone who can outrun the defense downfield.

Also one major thing missing from that update KT… TE. They have to know they can’t go into this offseason neglecting the position again.

Throwing Farley out there terrifies me and it shouldn’t with how he was talked about during the draft process. I mean he should be able to start. He’s not even the #1 guy. He should at least be able to take over for Jenkins but I’m hoping they at least get a decent veteran. 

Robinson is intriguing but unless they trade up, I can’t see him falling that late in the 3rd.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

20 minutes ago, 615finest said:

yea we all knew Jenkins and Saffold were prolly gone which I guess is why Radunz has been a Guard.

throwing Farley out there scares me but hopefully he holds his own.

I knew we would like David bell. He’s definetly a Titans type WR. He isn’t fast but definitely knows how to get open..We’d have to take him in the 1st.

Isn’t Robinson a big back? Guessing we like having 2 big backs for the offense. Evans gets one more chance as the change of pace back 

I personally see them try to trade back 3-4 spots or out of 1st all together. I think there is more value in the 2nd round this year. Not really a lot of sure fire 1st rounders at spots we could use. (OG, TE, #2 WR)

Robinson is a big back, but I just watched him really for the first time and he has some wiggle and he catches the ball very smoothly. If they want a Foreman replacement, he would be perfect and he can catch. More I watch him, the more I like him. lol

I personally think Evans gets cut. Get a UDFA or cheap vet to be a change of pace. But honestly, do we really need one? I think another quality back is just as good or better. 

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

We just love our receivers to block. Screw someone who can outrun the defense downfield.

Also one major thing missing from that update KT… TE. They have to know they can’t go into this offseason neglecting the position again.

Throwing Farley out there terrifies me and it shouldn’t with how he was talked about during the draft process. I mean he should be able to start. He’s not even the #1 guy. He should at least be able to take over for Jenkins but I’m hoping they at least get a decent veteran. 

Oh I think TE is a given. 
With the FA's and Draft class, a TE room for sure has to be revamped. I see 2-3 new players at that spot. 

EDIT: I can't help but hear Robinson/Vrabel replayed in my head. Yes you'd love a WR that is fast, but if he's just fast then you aren't getting quality. Someone that can get open and catch the ball is a priority to them. 

25 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Oh I think TE is a given. 
With the FA's and Draft class, a TE room for sure has to be revamped. I see 2-3 new players at that spot. 

EDIT: I can't help but hear Robinson/Vrabel replayed in my head. Yes you'd love a WR that is fast, but if he's just fast then you aren't getting quality. Someone that can get open and catch the ball is a priority to them. 

We don’t need to draft speed when we got mr. 4.4 himself in Dez 😂😂.

but I really hope we trade back( we wanna trade back every year). I think it will be more likely this year without a 2nd round pick.

I think we can draft a WR with speed for once, every other wr we got can block, we don’t need anymore lol. I like David bell but with all the other explosive WRs coming out it would be nice to switch it up for once