From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

8 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Here's my thing though. Robinson has shown in multiple situations that he will target a guy and trade to get him. He did it with Conklin, he did it with Taywan Taylor. I have a strong inkling that he will target someone for this front seven and I would not be surprised to see us trade up to get the front seven player he covets particularly if there's a early run on the position. I could also see Dline and center, not guard, being considered as well if the value falls right on those positions. 

But I can't see us taking a running back at #25. Not on luxury. Not with RB class as deep as it is. And a relative strong RB class. (Several teams have already grabbed backs and Lewis and McKinnon are still around). You only take a round 1 RB if you're done with Henry. And if that's the case, might as well move him now for a pick. 

Also, depending on personal opinion of the draft picks. One could argue JRob has drafted need with all of his 1st round picks. in 2016 we had a need at tackle, he got in position to take his top tackle. Last year we needed a #1 WR and a starter at corner. He got what he thought was the top WR and corner on his board. But we're those guys truly the best players available when they were taken? I think that's a healthy debate. I do think there's some merit to saying JRob drafts need in the early rounds. 

He moves around to match need and BPA... Thats what I said. 

I feel the value of pass rusher just isn't there at 25. Chubb's going top 10 and Davenport probably top 15... Of the Key, Landry, and Hubbard trio, I'm just not sold they're the type of pass rushers that warrant that 1st round pick (Key would be my pick if I had to choose). Maybe he trades up for Davenport if he falls to a good trading spot, maybe he trades down and acquires more picks while still taking a pass rusher in the 2nd. Maybe he targets someone like Murphy as the eventual replacement to one of the current guys. Or maybe he's got aid round target, someone like Byard who he clearly targeted in the 3rd.

Its all about value... And I just dont see it for a pass rusher there at that spot.

12 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

@KingTitan does your source ever text you at night time at all? Obviously I don’t expect a text saying we signed a particular guy tonight but if the Titans were in on anyone else is there a chance you get a text tonight?

It's normally just during the work day. If he is 100% on something he will text whenever. 

But I think draft, hiring a coach or first few nights of Free agency they work extra, with whatever he does. 

I still don't know what department this guy works in. Pretty much a contact through a co-worker. So still a lot of unknowns about "the Guy" lol 

2 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

He moves around to match need and BPA... Thats what I said. 

I feel the value of pass rusher just isn't there at 25. Chubb's going top 10 and Davenport probably top 15... Of the Key, Landry, and Hubbard trio, I'm just not sold they're the type of pass rushers that warrant that 1st round pick (Key would be my pick if I had to choose). Maybe he trades up for Davenport if he falls to a good trading spot, maybe he trades down and acquires more picks while still taking a pass rusher in the 2nd. Maybe he targets someone like Murphy as the eventual replacement to one of the current guys. Or maybe he's got aid round target, someone like Byard who he clearly targeted in the 3rd.

Its all about value... And I just dont see it for a pass rusher there at that spot.

So if you agree that he moves around to match need to BPA

And pass rush/LB help is a need

Then you can understand that if the value isn't at #25... I believe he's going to move around to match need to BPA. 

I'm not saying it has to be a pass rusher, thats just what I prefer. But I am saying I don't believe it will be a RB.

IMO Landry won't make it to #25. I believe he's more valued in FO's than on the mock draft circuit.  I want nothing to do with Key. It seems about every pass rusher to comeout with red flags recently has succumb to them.

I just have a hunch he's not going to sit at #25 and just take who ever is best still on the board. His history says he'll try to match need/ BPA with his top pick and I could see him moving to do that.

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy of the Guy has emerged with his first rumor....

Dion Lewis is one the Titans top targets.

Word is Butler is looking at least $13-14 Million a year. Not sure how hot the Titans are on him.

Forgive me if I feel like a proud papa. :)

I just like knowing we have someone that beats all the local and national guys to some news/rumors.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

It's normally just during the work day. If he is 100% on something he will text whenever. 

But I think draft, hiring a coach or first few nights of Free agency they work extra, with whatever he does. 

I still don't know what department this guy works in. Pretty much a contact through a co-worker. So still a lot of unknowns about "the Guy" lol 

Pretty sick that you can pass along information straight from JRob.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...