From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Sorry if I get everyone’s excitement up for seeing this thread but i did want to bump it up since the Deadline is tomorrow but wanted to also ask any chance the Titans make any trade at all? I don’t see them really doing anything 

You monster.... got me excited lol

Lol my bad 

I still think we could use help on the D-Line bacuse our pass rush isn’t getting home. Williams Johnson Klug Jones ans King are kind of non existent to this point. Part of me wishes the Titans got involved on Richardson weeks ago or even Darius last week. I know the ask his probably high but wish the Titans would poke around on Wilkerson

Wish the guy had been right on Robiskie, but not sure if Jason Michael or anyone else could do any better. We need a refresh there outside the org after this season. The likelihood of Mularkey doing that as a mandate from Robinson or ownership is low though.  

• 4 weeks later...

Has the guy heard any grumblings about Henry v Demarco split? Knowing Demarco's diva past, you wonder if Mularkey is worried about upsetting the locker room balance they have going on. Demarco has been a good team guy but if Henry jumped him in line I'm not certain he'd stay that way. There has to be people pushing for more of Henry at this point I'd think. And honestly, he's earned more run.

24 minutes ago, VY said:

Has the guy heard any grumblings about Henry v Demarco split? Knowing Demarco's diva past, you wonder if Mularkey is worried about upsetting the locker room balance they have going on. Demarco has been a good team guy but if Henry jumped him in line I'm not certain he'd stay that way. There has to be people pushing for more of Henry at this point I'd think. And honestly, he's earned more run.

Everytime someone other than KT bumps this thread to the top, I get irrationally frustrated.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, VY said:

DeMarco has a diva past? What happened? Not aware of it.

• 5 weeks later...

The guy of the guy.......
As always take it as rumor.....but the guy bats a pretty good average.

After some back and forth....asked if he had anything solid about Murlakey.

The Guy of the guy: "Last game won't determine HC fate."

Me:  "A lot of talk around town that fans want to lose so Murlakey is fired."

The Guy of the guy: "Decisions will be made after season ends, and this one game won't determine his fate, is the word around there."

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The guy of the guy.......
As always take it as rumor.....but the guy bats a pretty good average.

After some back and forth....asked if he had anything solid about Murlakey.

The Guy of the guy: "Last game won't determine HC fate."

Me:  "A lot of talk around town that fans want to lose so Murlakey is fired."

The Guy of the guy: "Decisions will be made after season ends, and this one game won't determine his fate, is the word around there."

Dammit.

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Dammit.

That could be good or bad. He could win + make the playoffs and still get canned. Or he could lose + miss playoffs and keep his job. My hope is that J-Rob is given authority to do what he needs to do. 

This job would be pretty enticing with the talent we have. Even with a crap year / injuries, Marcus is still over 3k yards for the 2nd straight year. At the very least hope OC gets upgraded.

41 minutes ago, VY said:

That could be good or bad. He could win + make the playoffs and still get canned. Or he could lose + miss playoffs and keep his job. My hope is that J-Rob is given authority to do what he needs to do. 

This job would be pretty enticing with the talent we have. Even with a crap year / injuries, Marcus is still over 3k yards for the 2nd straight year. At the very least hope OC gets upgraded.

33 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Don't take it as safe or fired. 

But just from feel. It's more about where they been to where they are and how they project to go in the future. 

Everything about this franchise screams safe. Especially since the Mularkey hiring process. He's staying (but I truly hope I am wrong). Based off of, "this one game won't determine his fate" it's screaming safe once again. If we get blown out on Sunday he deserves to be gone and this one game I would hope atleast goes towards determining his fate. Lose and you begin the offseason, win and you make the playoffs. There's not a bigger game we've played in all year...it's all or nothing. It should absolutely decide his fate.

You can't convince me if he wins he won't stay. Idk who said it around here already, but it's gonna be viewed as progress, yet in reality, (compared to last season) we played an easy schedule, in a bad conference, in a bad division and regressed offensively and are going to end up with an equal or worse record.

If we lose and he stays even after finishing with a worse record, ending the season on a 4 game losing streak, and degressing offensively.......well I won't be surprised because we are the Titans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by dtait93