From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Less than 6 hours from the deadline. Still don’t see anything happening. Robinson is just going to continue sitting on his *** shuffling practice squad players. 

That’s obviously not true. Multiple reports state we are trying to make a move for a WR. He’s negotiating right now and if he has to overpay then he should just sit on his ***. I’m all for bringing in help at WR, in fact I may be the biggest advocate for that on here but the deal has to be right. 

• Like 2

Not that Pitt would have done it but Titans should have tried to offer Henry in a package for Bell. I know they wouldn’t of accepted it straight up but would of been nice to see an attempt to work out the other stuff that could have made that trade work but I wouldn’t pay anyway RB a monster contract anymore 

• 2 months later...

As always please take this as rumor. Not from me but... From the Guy of the Guy.
He didn't give any names.

In summary:

1. An in house promotion isn't out of the way. Arthur Smith someone that has been with the team for a while, well respected. 
  2. Don't expect a crazy change in offensive philosophy. Running game will still be important.
  3. Look past the "names."  Think Fit.
  • Like 4

On 1/19/2018 at 12:18 PM, KingTitan said:

I got a text late last night/early this morning....Been sitting on it most of the day because I feel some type of way passing some of it along, just because i have no idea how accurate it is. Even though he has had some success with his info, also some misses.

Well take it for what it's worth....stuff from a guy of a guy....

Summarizing from The Guy of The Guy:

The overall thing is that Vrabel fit in like a glove. Wilks was a great guy. The feeling is Wilks' staff would be a more traditional staff, while Vrabel would mix with college and Pro coaches. 

Vrabel was very personable. Charismatic and appeared as a sincere and genuine person.
Wilks also very personable, but didn't have the same feel as Vrabel. (Maybe interview fatigue?)

The feeling is the meeting with Vrabel was almost natural. They didn't appear to talk like one was interviewing, more like catching up and brainstorming (at least what was visible)  Robinson and Vrabel are thinking exactly the same. From the way they want to gameplan to the the type of football players they want. 
Said it was weird. Wilks overall is a great candidate and had just as many positives as Vrabel but Vrabel just felt like a fit, culture wise and building wise.

Sidenote: Murmurs about luring Lafleur here as an OC. 

As always take it as entertaining rumor...not the gospel. 

Just re-reading through the thread to see how accurate or off he has been. 
This one was pretty spot on..

28 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

As always please take this as rumor. Not from me but... From the Guy of the Guy.

In summary:

1. An in house promotion isn't out of the way. Arthur Smith someone that has been with the team for a while, well respected. 
  2. Don't expect a crazy change in offensive philosophy. Running game will still be important.

Blah was hoping for an OC that wants to run the spread. Thanks for doing the digging and passing it along though as always

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

In summary:

This does not sound good to me. I'd prefer to go with an outside hire, and if we hire Smith not only are we getting another rookie playcaller, we're disrupting one of our most solid overall position groups in the TEs. Just sounds like a big gamble all around when we're pretty much facing a do or die year with the QB.

This also makes it sound like we won't be interviewing any spread candidates...

We're really going to let Marcus waste away aren't we?

giphy.gif

Even if we all wanted something different, I think we all kind of expected that. I'm so sick of being a run first team though. Especially on the early downs. I really hope we fix that no matter what scheme we have. 

I like Vrabel and I do think he wants to embrace the more modern offenses, otherwise our targets last year wouldn't have been Day and LaFleur. The running game can still be important without being so predictable on early downs, especially when it isn't working.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Even if we all wanted something different, I think we all kind of expected that. I'm so sick of being a run first team though. Especially on the early downs. I really hope we fix that no matter what scheme we have. 

I like Vrabel and I do think he wants to embrace the more modern offenses, otherwise our targets last year wouldn't have been Day and LaFleur. The running game can still be important without being so predictable on early downs, especially when it isn't working.

Yeah, you can certainly "establish the run" on offense without being a run, run, pass offense. Teams like the Saints, Texans and Rams (just to name a few), have shown that.

No matter who is named OC, I'm going to reserve judgement on them until I actually see them call games. All great coordinators had to start somewhere, and who knows, maybe we have a hidden gem already on staff.

• Like 1

I didn't take that as slamming the door on somewhat with a spread background. I take it as, we aren't going to be a team that is throwing the ball 50 times a game, Hawaii/Run and shoot style.
Nor are we going to be a wishbone, run/run/pass team either.  

The team has a strong running base to it. Henry/Lewis/and the line. Play-action strengths.

I personally think, knowing what we know:
Vrabel wanted Ryan Day (spread concepts).
Vrabel preaches about being multiple.
Vrabel has talked about what has given him fits as a DC and that was someone with multiple formations and creativity. 

Knowing that, I feel the hire can still be a guy with Spread background, but also have knowledge of different philosophies, to where they can run when they want or pass when they want. 

• Like 1