Jump to content
KingTitan

From "The Guy of the Guy"

Recommended Posts

Not going to throw it a 100x a game with a QB like Mariota anyway. Best thing we can get going is the run game and work off the play action. Screens and RPOs need to be apart of the offense though. Arthur Smith isn’t flashy but he’s a damn good TE coach. I believe he’s been around the longest of anyone which is weird. He’s definitely worked his way but I still feel it’s too early to be a OC. Vrabel wants to pound the ball though so regardless, we’re going to run the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expectation is for Arthur Smith to have an official interview for OC job in coming days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Expectation is for Arthur Smith to have an official interview for OC job in coming days. 

I knew it was coming sooner or later. I wonder what kind of offense he would draw up and what his pitch would be to improve the offense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I knew it was coming sooner or later. I wonder what kind of offense he would draw up and what his pitch would be to improve the offense 

My dream is that he takes the terminology from the Lafluer system and create new plays and reads with it.
So lets say the play 11 X Zoom Right Y Trigger Under and it is a shot gun spread play.  
We can use the same terminology for the position assignments but assign a new formation. Am I making sense? lol

And if we used Smith as OC, he could call back on the number of years he has been here and the OC's he has played under to formulate his own style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

My dream is that he takes the terminology from the Lafluer system and create new plays and reads with it.
So lets say the play 11 X Zoom Right Y Trigger Under and it is a shot gun spread play.  
We can use the same terminology for the position assignments but assign a new formation. Am I making sense? lol

And if we used Smith as OC, he could call back on the number of years he has been here and the OC's he has played under to formulate his own style. 

you referring to visionaries like Palmer, Loggins, Robiskie, Michael and LeFleur?

 

that's like me saying I'm qualified to be head chef at a 5-star restaurant because I've seen every single episode of "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" (which I have)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arthur Smith? Has this guy called plays before? I don't trust people with 2 first names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

you referring to visionaries like Palmer, Loggins, Robiskie, Michael and LeFleur?

 

that's like me saying I'm qualified to be head chef at a 5-star restaurant because I've seen every single episode of "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" (which I have)

Lmfao!!! That’s the best analogy I have heard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

My dream is that he takes the terminology from the Lafluer system and create new plays and reads with it.
So lets say the play 11 X Zoom Right Y Trigger Under and it is a shot gun spread play.  
We can use the same terminology for the position assignments but assign a new formation. Am I making sense? lol

And if we used Smith as OC, he could call back on the number of years he has been here and the OC's he has played under to formulate his own style. 

I get what you’re saying loud and clear lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

you referring to visionaries like Palmer, Loggins, Robiskie, Michael and LeFleur?

 

that's like me saying I'm qualified to be head chef at a 5-star restaurant because I've seen every single episode of "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" (which I have)

Image result for spit take gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

you referring to visionaries like Palmer, Loggins, Robiskie, Michael and LeFleur?

 

that's like me saying I'm qualified to be head chef at a 5-star restaurant because I've seen every single episode of "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" (which I have)

General rule: Any Bobby Flay reference earns a football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arthur Smith

That's a lot more defensive experience than I expect from an "innovative offensive mind"...  But hey - the words will be the same so that's good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Guy of the Guy:

  • He might leave the team for another spot. :(
  • Early FA likes: ZaDarius Smith,  Danny Shelton, Adam Humphries, Kevin White, Preston Smith, Markus Golden
  • Early Draft Likes: Zac Allen- Boston College.  Jarrett Stidham- Auburn. Isiaah Buggs-Alabama. Charles Omeninhu- Texas. Keelan Doss- UC-Doss. Chris Lindstrom- Boston College

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

From the Guy of the Guy:

  • He might leave the team for another spot. :(
  • Early FA likes: ZaDarius Smith,  Danny Shelton, Adam Humphries, Kevin White, Preston Smith, Markus Golden
  • Early Draft Likes: Zac Allen- Boston College.  Jarrett Stidham- Auburn. Isiaah Buggs-Alabama. Charles Omeninhu- Texas. Keelan Doss- UC-Doss. Chris Lindstrom- Boston College

Who is he that might leave the team 🤔 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

From the Guy of the Guy:

  • He might leave the team for another spot. :(
  • Early FA likes: ZaDarius Smith,  Danny Shelton, Adam Humphries, Kevin White, Preston Smith, Markus Golden
  • Early Draft Likes: Zac Allen- Boston College.  Jarrett Stidham- Auburn. Isiaah Buggs-Alabama. Charles Omeninhu- Texas. Keelan Doss- UC-Doss. Chris Lindstrom- Boston College

Maybe we can all put our money together to convince him to stay, I love this thread.

I had a feeling we liked Keelan Doss when Robinson talked about a late round WR, he seems like a Titan pick.. Danny Shelton would be a nice pick up and I definetly wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on Kevin White especially if he stays healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

He might leave the team for another spot. :(

48-15-Im-All-Tapped-Out-Gif.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×