From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

Hell No to white. I don’t get it, people want unproven talent on a team that’s built to win now, that’s missing production from proven talent. For those that want white ask your self this, 🤔 would you be interested in White if he wasn’t a 1st round pick.. I highly doubt it. I want proven Talent give me TyRelle Williams, he’s proven can stretch the field & knows how to get open, he’s basically Sharpe with explosiveness & speed. I also think Batson is going to become a star slot WR.. I’ve been looking a lot at his highlights & the guy can make people miss in space.. 

23 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Why is a huge bust like White welcomed with open arms and a guy like Sylvester Williams shunned by everyone? Less name recognition? I know the contract was bad, but that was far from the only reason the signing was disliked.

Both were busts, but Williams will have a better pro career than Kevin White.

If we can get him for nothing, go for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make the team.

The difference is they signed an obvious bust in Williams to a multi year deal at a starter salary. Had they gave him the one year prove it deal he deserved, the Williams experiment would stink less. 

Same is true with White, even for people high on him I don't think anyone wants the Titans to sign him to a multi year deal at starter level money like they did Williams. 

8 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Hell No to white. I don’t get it, people want unproven talent on a team that’s built to win now, that’s missing production from proven talent. For those that want white ask your self this, 🤔 would you be interested in White if he wasn’t a 1st round pick.. I highly doubt it. I want proven Talent give me TyRelle Williams, he’s proven can stretch the field & knows how to get open, he’s basically Sharpe with explosiveness & speed. I also think Batson is going to become a star slot WR.. I’ve been looking a lot at his highlights & the guy can make people miss in space.. 

Nobody is expecting him to come in and give us a 1200 yard season but if that happened nobody would complain. It’s taking a chance on a former 1st round WR who has upside. It’s not like he’s going to break the bank. It would be a low risk high reward possibility.. Pretty sure we aren’t trying to break the bank on a WR in FA

5 hours ago, 615finest said:

Nobody is expecting him to come in and give us a 1200 yard season but if that happened nobody would complain. It’s taking a chance on a former 1st round WR who has upside. It’s not like he’s going to break the bank. It would be a low risk high reward possibility.. Pretty sure we aren’t trying to break the bank on a WR in FA

I understand but it doesn’t make sense & to me that’s the reason we’ve been 9-7 3yrs straight. We keep depending on unproven talent & at the same time we want our QB to develop. Take a page out of Chicago, Philadelphia, KC, & the Rams book,  They surrounded their QB wit proven Talent. Sammy Watkins, Brandon Cooks, Robert woods, Alshon Jeffery, Allen Robinson, oh Houston Hopkins, Demaryous Thomas, Fuller.. & TN Corey Davis & bums with potential but let’s sign some more potential that should help Marcus 

🤔 were 30 plus mill over the cap & the salary cap is expecting to rise another 10 mill this offseason. 🗣Damn white he ain’t 💩. TyRelle Williams or Golden Tate though my 1st option is Williams 

Edited by TitanRedd

5 hours ago, 615finest said:

Like I said if white wasn’t a 1st round pick would anyone want him. & we should be aggressive this offseason because Hou & the Colts are in our division & have a ton of cap, Robinson needs to surround Mariota wit proven talent & not talent wit potential. That’s why we’ve been 9-7 3 years in a row & our passing game hasn’t evolved. 

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I understand but it doesn’t make sense & to me that’s the reason we’ve been 9-7 3yrs straight. We keep depending on unproven talent & at the same time we want our QB to develop. Take a page out of Chicago, Philadelphia, KC, & the Rams book,  They surrounded their QB wit proven Talent. Sammy Watkins, Brandon Cooks, Robert woods, Alshon Jeffery, Allen Robinson, oh Houston Hopkins, Demaryous Thomas, Fuller.. & TN Corey Davis & bums with potential but let’s sign some more potential that should help Marcus 

🤔 were 30 plus mill over the cap & the salary cap is expecting to rise another 10 mill this offseason. 🗣Damn white he ain’t 💩. TyRelle Williams or Golden Tate though my 1st option is Williams 

I don't think anyone is saying grab White and that's it, we're set. 

Hell no. Give me Tate, give me Cobb, give me Crowder. Give us a rookie WR also. Thing is, most of the better available FA WRs are more inclined to play the slot. (Williams and Brown are the only decent outside options, so they'll be overpaid... Hogan/Funchess maybe, but were really stretching it here). 

Bring White in addition to compete for a roster spot. Its not like Taylor and Sharpe are world beaters who should be guaranteed a spot. Up the competition level. At a potentially discounted price (I want this team to make a serious run at one of the Edge guys available this year) 

While White hasn't done anything in the pros, he had huge potential coming out. I'm a self admitted sucker for size speed, and White's 6'3/225 and runs a 4.3. He had beaucoup production at WV also... Was drawing Nuk comparisons coming out. Injuries have done him in, but maybe a change can help him at least reach some of that potential (no one's expecting best case scenario). Even at a fraction of that potential, he would be a great 4th or 5th option on the team (CD84, slot FA, Walker). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Like I said if white wasn’t a 1st round pick would anyone want him. & we should be aggressive this offseason because Hou & the Colts are in our division & have a ton of cap, Robinson needs to surround Mariota wit proven talent & not talent wit potential. That’s why we’ve been 9-7 3 years in a row & our passing game hasn’t evolved. 

We have cap space, but like you said other teams have more. We have to be smart about our cap. We finally have the type of roster that's going to get decent/good 2nd contracts. 

Other than just throwing money at every position, what's your plan? 

For me, an ideal realistic offseason includes

- going after the top FA edge guys. #1 priority, open up the checkbook. My top choice is Clowney, but I k kw he may not be available. There are still so many good options here. 

- going after a WR. I love the slot guys. Can we afford Tate after spending top money on an Edge? Cobb would be good too... But I really like Crowder as a sleeper option. If we decide to go with an outside guy, we still have a hole at the slot (I know all players move around, but Taylor and Sharpe seem more like outside guys). 

- while I'd like to focus the early part of the draft on the lines, we still need to get some depth in FA here. We can stand to upgrade 5 positions here, so going after some value is the key here. I would love to get Suh or Richardson but they'll both likely get top notch money (Jarrett won't be available) . What about Wilkerson... Can we get him at a value. I would love Irving too if he came at the right price (a ton of potential but a lot of risk there too). Shelton, Mebane, Brown, Harris, Gunter, etc may be the value guys we look at though. Same with OL (honestly I don't even know who's available, I haven't even looked at the position). 

- additional depth at WR (this is where someone like White comes in), a backup QB, depth at S, a 3rd RB

Edited by ragevsuall17
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

We have cap space, but like you said other teams have more. We have to be smart about our cap. We finally have the type of roster that's going to get decent/good 2nd contracts. 

- going after the top FA edge guys. #1 priority, open up the checkbook. My top choice is Clowney, but I k kw he may not be available. There are still so many good options here. 

- going after a WR. I love the slot guys. Can we afford Tate after spending top money on an Edge? Cobb would be good too... But I really like Crowder as a sleeper option. If we decide to go with an outside guy, we still have a hole at the slot (I know all players move around, but Taylor and Sharpe seem more like outside guys). 

- while I'd like to focus the early part of the draft on the lines, we still need to get some depth in FA here. We can stand to upgrade 5 positions here, so going after some value is the key here. I would love to get Suh or Richardson but they'll both likely get top notch money (Jarrett won't be available) . What about Wilkerson... Can we get him at a value. I would love Irving too if he came at the right price (a ton of potential but a lot of risk there too). Shelton, Mebane, Brown, Harris, Gunter, etc may be the value guys we look at though. Same with OL (honestly I don't even know who's available, I haven't even looked at the position). 

- additional depth at WR (this is where someone like White comes in), a backup QB, depth at S, a 3rd RB

I’d love Cobb or Crowder. Crowder is still young too. It’s some nice options out there that could help us on offense. All depends on if we want to spend money in the WR market. Somebody is going to get overpaid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Keep in mind the salary cap raises 10 mill every yr, & we’ll have bout 40 mill in cap space this offseason. Next yr we can get out of DaQuon 7 mill annually contract Lewis 5.5 mill yr contract & butler which is like 16 mill, next offseason we have cap space. & you have to be aggressive while we have guys on cheap contracts 

21 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

For example look at the rams & Eagles 2 teams that we're aggressive in the draft & FA & got to the Super Bowl in 2-3 years after trading up for their QB’s. 

I've made the rookie contract qb argument a few times. We wasted this years of Mariota with constant coaching changes and not surrounding him with talent.

We don't have that opportunity anymore as Mariota is at 20M this year. There's one of two outcomes... Mariota earns a new contract and will never be cheap again... Or he doesn't and we start the search all over again, and even then we're a couoke of years from finding out if we the new qb is good enough to make that kinda power move. 

We have cap space, but we're middle of the pack even with the carry over. It's like saying you have 10k to spend at an auction... It means nothing without context. If everyone else has less than you, then you have an advantage... But it all. But if more than a third of the other people there have more than you, then you have to be smart to come away with what you really want or need. 

• Like 1

Re: Butler.

A) 16m is not an actual figure for him... Not once in this contract is he being 16M in salary or is he costing us 16M against the cap. His call his are 13m this year and next year 

B) if he plays at the level of the first of of the season, we definitely looking at cutting him (saving 7.5m, far from 16m) . But if he plays at the second half level, there is no way in hell he's not back in 2020. Ryan was our most consistent CB, but Butler finished really strong. 

C) talking about Ryan, he's earned an extension. 

D) you talk about White and production and potential. Yet you still want to give Adoree a pass. He still hasn't taken that step. Until/if he does, he's a few notches behind Ryan and Butler. As bad as Butler was early, Jackson was much worse in the 2nd half of the season. It's extremely discouraging when you see what some of those other 1st/2nd round CBs from that CB rich draft have already shown. 

3 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

D) you talk about White and production and potential. Yet you still want to give Adoree a pass. He still hasn't taken that step. Until/if he does, he's a few notches behind Ryan and Butler. As bad as Butler was early, Jackson was much worse in the 2nd half of the season. It's extremely discouraging when you see what some of those other 1st/2nd round CBs from that CB rich draft have already shown. 

Okay.. 1st off anyone who follows me clearly knows that I’m very critical of Adoree, I’m on record of stating Adoree weaknesses as a CB. His technique, not able to understand route concepts & cant play in zone. I’ve stated all year he struggles when playing against a WR that can match his athleticism, Antonio Brown, TyReke Hill, Will Fuller, Ty Hilton..

now though he’s not a shutdown Corner he still is solid, solid in the run game & solid in coverage though he gave up his share of big plays. Adoree is far from as bad as butler, butler gets beat by pretty much no name WR because he has stiff hips & lack of recovery speed. If you ask me to grade our secondary I’ll give Byard a 93 Ryan 89 wishes  he get his hands on some picks but he’s a technician. Adoree a 84 needs to become a student of the game & take his game to the next level & Butler is a 80 straight average.

Edited by TitanRedd

Oh & comparing white to Adoree is a joke, I seriously thought about ignoring that comparison. Whites been in the league how long 🤔 tell me how many snaps he’s played & how much he’s contributed to the bears, dude is a bust.. that’s why I said if white wasn’t a 1st round pick no 1 would care about giving him a look, I understand the low risk high reward but I rather us stop praying on potential & start buying proven talent... Robinson has messed up some with Mariota development because he try’s to do everything the patriot way & he thinks mariota Tom F’n Brady can win with any supporting cast, VS doing what all GM’s do with young QB’s & that’s give them a proven supporting cast