From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

7 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I think Mularkey stays no matter what so I’m rooting for playoffs. I think management forces Robiskie out which then Mularkey has to decide if he honors there wishes or pulls a Munchak which gets him fired 

I think you're right so I am as well. I hope you're right Robiskie though

11 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I think you're right so I am as well. I hope you're right Robiskie though

That's the only guarantee we have... Win and make the playoffs. Nothing else is guaranteed... So why cheer for anything but a win and a shot of a playoff run?

As for Mularkey, I think they give him a chance to bring in a new OC to keep his job. If he declines, a la Munchack, he's gone. 

I think Mularkey gets a 2 year extension (3 total years remaining) and a new OC gets 3 years. I think they like Mularkey enough to move him into a consultant/FO job before the 3 years, while giving the new OC an opportunity to take over as HCat that point. I think this will maximize the shot of getting a prime candidate for OC. Koetter is my new OC crush... Sumlin is still my #1 target though...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

That's the only guarantee we have... Win and make the playoffs. Nothing else is guaranteed... So why cheer for anything but a win and a shot of a playoff run?

As for Mularkey, I think they give him a chance to bring in a new OC to keep his job. If he declines, a la Munchack, he's gone. 

I think Mularkey gets a 2 year extension (3 total years remaining) and a new OC gets 3 years. I think they like Mularkey enough to move him into a consultant/FO job before the 3 years, while giving the new OC an opportunity to take over as HCat that point. I think this will maximize the shot of getting a prime candidate for OC. Koetter is my new OC crush... Sumlin is still my #1 target though...

That is what I'm cheering for which I stated already, but it doesn't mean I agree with the decision to keep him around. I don't think he has what it takes to lead our franchise in to becoming an elite team in the AFC. He's mediocre and deep down we all know it so I don't see the point in keeping him around. We've already been dealing with it for 15 years minus 2008.

It's really two fold for me, and I would say for most of us really. We are Titans fans so our fanatic side wants us to finally make the playoffs after a 10 year drought and it would be even sweeter knowing we beat Jacksonville to do so. But on the flip side we know keeping Mularkey for another 3 years will keep us on the 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 treadmill so we want J-Rob to be able to pick his head coach. It's a very unusual feeling, for me anyways.

The more I think about it, the more I doubt AAS would get rid of Mularkey, even if we miss then playoffs. We all know how big a fan she is of his. It's probably a better chance he's extended than fired unfortunately. So, with this being the case, I might as well cheer for the playoffs. Our vets deserve it.

I do wonder if AAS left the decision for Jon Robinson, what'd he do.

21 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I find it weird the idea that everyone thinks AAS decides if Mularkey stays or not but lets Robinson make literally every other decision regarding the football team.

Well considering Robinson was forced to hire Mularkey to even get the job... I’d say it’s in her hands/Wizard Underwood more than you think. For some reason, she has this lovefest with Mularkey for god only knows why.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Well considering Robinson was forced to hire Mularkey to even get the job... I’d say it’s in her hands/Wizard Underwood more than you think. 

Maybe, but Robinson has built exactly the team Mularkey wants. While it's just speaking to the media and we know that can be full of lies, they say they both want the same kind of football team. I'm not so sure Robinson was forced to keep Mularkey as much as he was okay with keeping Mularkey. And to their credit we went from 3-13 to 9-7 in one year. Despite the struggles this season they've managed a pretty decent turn around from where we were. I'm sure Robinson is as displeased as the rest of us that he spent all the draft capital on offense these past two years and we've regressed this season, but he did spend the capital to build an offense similar to what Mularkey had success with in Atlanta.

That gets you in to the debate of if it's Mularkey or Robiskie's fault that the offense is this bad, but what isn't debatable is Robinson not only took the job with Mularkey as head coach, but he's hitched his wagon to him in the way he built the offense. Which is another reason I'm more inclined to believe Mularkey is staying but with a change at OC to run the system more similar to what he did in Atlanta, if not hand it over to a guy like Garrett( who himself runs a system similar to Mularkey but more traditionally pass friendly).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

If we extend Malarkey I'm going to be absolutely furious. He has a proven track record of getting worse each year with a team. We've seen the best he has to offer and it's below average.

Next.

Personally, I think majority of the fans will be furious.  I don't think he is going to be fired. 

6 hours ago, TitanSS said:

If we extend Malarkey I'm going to be absolutely furious. He has a proven track record of getting worse each year with a team. We've seen the best he has to offer and it's below average.

Next.

Ticket sales for next year will be at all time low if he’s not fired. Guess that’s what AAS wants but then again she really has no idea what she’s doing.

I don't think he'll be fired either because our ownership is incompetent with football decisions. They'll hire a new OC and use Robiskie as a scapegoat. If they have to extend Malarkey to get a new OC I'd rather just keep Robiskie.

Of course, I'd much rather just fire them all.